Yellow | The Butch Lewis Act

If they can bailout banks they can bailout pensions or start a new national retirement system similar to Australia's much better. The money goes into a account that employers contribute like a 401k then you get an annuity when you reach retirement age plus a government benefit depending on how much you have in your account.

Tainted money. I’ll survive without a ‘bailout.’

I feel badly for those involved in poorly managed funds.

I feel worse for those who managed their own funds poorly.

Tainted money. I’ll survive without a ‘bailout.’

I feel badly for those involved in poorly managed funds.

I feel worse for those who managed their own funds poorly.
Something needs to be done too many poor seniors all my parent's friends without pensions live in one bedroom apartments and go to free Stroger hospital the food pantry barely get by on just social security. I remember my grandfather having a pension and company paid health insurance through retirement when he retired from Illinois Bell in 1984 once common benefits what happened? Unions keep going along with more and more concessions can't organize more companies while corporate profits and executive salaries keep going up and up.

I called both of my US senators and my US house rep. about the Butch Lewis act......did you?...888-979-9806
I know, I'm a buzz-killer. I speak to my Congress people at least monthly.

Calling Congress people 30 days before an election is fruitless. Democrat Special Interest Groups see this as Must Pass to get votes. Republicans see this as Never Pass because their voters say this affects 10% of the US Population. The Bill has been in Committee for 11 months, with No Effort from Dems to get it out, and no one expects the Repubs to back it. The person you need is "Democrat Donald" (who won as a Republican) Trump. He's a Big- Gov type guy. This is the type Bill he would sign- but after 2 years of Dems blocking everything he put up- why would he consider helping Dems, going into an Election? And, the shenanigans against Kavanaugh these past two weeks, have Dems dropping in the polls. Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota and West Virginia are suddenly in play. Indiana's Donnelly is a Dem, but campaigning like he's THE Most Rightwing Repub in History. It's still a toss up, with Braun ahead 49- 48.

The advertising says tie it to a Must Pass Spending Bill. There were 4 since it went to Committee. It never even came up for vote within the Committee. The next one is in December, after the election that may likely be a stronger Repub Senate.

The only chance the Bill has is to get 6 out of 8 Repubs plus 6 out of 8 Dems to agree by Nov 18th that it must be voted on. Again- that's AFTER the Election, and the Bill is stuck in Committee.

It has support of 22 Senators- needs 60 to pass filibuster, and 51 to pass. Has 158 Representatives, needs 218 to pass. IF it gets out of Committee.

I could very well be wrong, but I dont see anything coming of Butch Lewis this year, at least...

Something needs to be done too many poor seniors all my parent's friends without pensions live in one bedroom apartments and go to free Stroger hospital the food pantry barely get by on just social security. I remember my grandfather having a pension and company paid health insurance through retirement when he retired from Illinois Bell in 1984 once common benefits what happened? Unions keep going along with more and more concessions can't organize more companies while corporate profits and executive salaries keep going up and up.

Bell/AT&T is still alive and resembles a monopoly

Teamsters are a dying breed, both literally and figuratively.

Any new industries will not be able to contribute at a rate to sustain failing funds, regardless of numbers.

I know its buzzkill, because reading posts on here it appears that it's ready to pass- just one more vote!!!
And yes, it's probably exciting on Social Media. I don't do those, so I dont know. It affects us, so it makes sense to be talked about.

But I call DC Staffers. They hear me ask about this Bill, and act like "oh yeah- that's in Committee for a year"....