XPO | The calling in sick policy

The black dog sign killed it.

The movie is a model of stunting on Saluda Grade but thats about it. The rest of it is just trash. But they had to invent something to make a trucking movie so its not all bad.

At will means you are gone if you rubbed a tire or stepped on a suits toes or said no in a particularly obnoxious way.

Likewise you can have a mountain of savings and tell the company I quit at any time at will freely. Leave the tractor trailer near Yankee Stadium and Amtrack Home in a couple of hours. They might see it on cinder blocks stripped by the end of day. Serves them right for not listening to me as a Driver.

Not with 50 more in orientation panting and ginned up to gather in nuggets of gold every mile...

I would love for once to see how they deal with bricked robots not working in a at will state.

Wouldnt that be so very lovely.

Now that is bad.

The Company is toxic. Thats the problem. I bet you can offer a million cash and you wont find drivers willing to stick their heads in such a oven within the company.

We go through a ****ton of truckers at a whim but damn we never go through a dispatcher.

St Peter tells truckers who passed on constantly showing up seeing large cars parked all over Heaven going no where.

Why?

No dispatchers died yet.
Is there anything you are not a ****ing expert at?

The company has backed itself into this corner. The companies regard for labor starting at the top is very poor.

Paul Taylor is a very good attorney. He has helped drivers & O & O's for years. He wins about 90 % of his cases. If you read his cases on his web site. it will show you what works & doesn't. The biggest thing he asks is you document everything. Photo copies, recordings, notes taken during a meeting. If you document your problems with your employer, you will have a case that has a good chance of winning. 'Be Prepared' is the Boy Scout motto. von.

Last edited: