ABF | THE CIRCUS WAS JUST AT 034 AND IT WAS FULL OF CLOWNS

sayno2abf

TB Lurker
Credits
hello fellow teamsters,
well the circus just rolled into town twice in the past week, and what a show they TRIED to put on.
many a question was thrown at them but no straight answers given, other than the ones that were used as scare tactics.
it would be insane to try and address all of them so here are some highlights----
Q: what happens if this is voted down
A #1 abf will close in december
A#2 abf will use up thier cash by december and have to go into debt
A# 3 abf will close in 6 weeks

so is this multiple choice???? for those of you concerned about these "answers" some food for thought from the mouth of wes kemp abf has $120 MILLION in the bank. they want this concession "just in case"( excuse me i have to stop and laugh for a moment).
keep one thing in mind those of you that are really undecided--- these people are travelling from terminal to terminal to "sell" this thing so asking them what happens if we vote no is really not something u will get a straight answer to. do you honestly think abf will tell us well if you vote no we will weather the storm(like they did in the late 80's) and we know we will prevail, or will they use the scare tactic of --- nope thats it you vote no its done-- just think about that

Q abf bought a moving company-- why??
A abf bought into a logistics to get rights to move people
Q ok how much did that cost??
A#1 (from murray babb) well it was a "minimal cost"
Q how much is minimal
A well it wasnt much it was very minimal
Q please say a number and not a word HOW MUCH
A I dont know but it was minimal

Q abf bought into a moving logistics how much did that cost
A (from wes kemp a week later) well it was inexpensive ( people do you see a pattern here??)

they would NOT give out a actual number because they are lying to us (again)

before i continue let me say that the things you are reading here are from the meeting i attended and from feedback from the other meetings
murray shows a chart and says that the union employees make up 49% of abf's cost while the ceo's are only 1%

so im told there are 7000 of us and there are only around 10 of them and they make more in one month than most of the union people do for a WHOLE YEAR

ok everyone i have more to post but i put alot out there right now--- take this all in absorb it and feel free to comment--- i welcome all feedback positive and negative just remember abf wants us EACH to give up OVER $21,000.00 a piece over the next 3 years this is pocket change in thier salaries--- alot of people stand to lose thier cars,homes, and the other needs in life.
abf WILL prosper but NOT on our dime VOTE NO!!!!!!

one last thing management has just been sooooooooo nice to use these past 2 weeks i wonder if that will keep up :biglaugh:

thanks for all that info!!! they didn't come to our terminal so its good to hear what kind of B.S. Kemp and his Greedy ass boys are putting out there. Remember Kemp makes $14,000 a week. let them take a 75% wage cut and leave us alone!!!!!!

Great info and thanks for posting sayno2abf!!!!!!!!! Like the name,by the way.One other thing that us ABFer's have to keep in mind is that when( not if) , Abf starts rolling in the business again, we are still locked into this! Let's say,that starting next week, we start running at 92 OR (providing that they even show that on paper,but let's say they do) and keep running at 92 for that rest of this year and all of next year , we will still be locked into the 15% pay cut until April 1,2012! Then we will be taking a 10% cut! That is ludicrous!!!!! We will not qualify for the 5% next April because of our first quarter loss that we had already.

Remember, the OR has to be below 97 for the WHOLE calendar year!

ok I am going to throw this out their and I am sure I will be murdered in the process. I have spoke to several workers who are single parents. They feel that they have no choice but to vote Yes. They feel that if the company goes away they will not have a way to support their families. Please let me state this is not the way I think but thought you might be interested in seeing the other side of this vote process.

Well truckchick1, they do have that right to vote as they see it. But they can't use the excuse of being single parents for the reason to justify their vote.They just have to admit it to themselves that they actually believe the company is very bad shape and on the verge of going under. I, like many others, am a single income family and I'm voting no!!!!!

They also have to remember that even if this was to pass, THEIR jobs are still not guaranteed! There will be all kinds of changes to come if this passes.You can take that to the bank!

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=79914.msg827676#msg827676 date=1273187877]
Well truckchick1, they do have that right to vote as they see it. But they can't use the excuse of being single parents for the reason to justify their vote.They just have to admit it to themselves that they actually believe the company is very bad shape and on the verge of going under. I, like many others, am a single income family and I'm voting no!!!!!

They also have to remember that even if this was to pass, THEIR jobs are still not guaranteed! There will be all kinds of changes to come if this passes.You can take that to the bank!
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. We have had to go from a double income household down to one. 10 years senority only got me on call work last year. We hopefully can retire completely from the trucking industry in September. Moving to where the sun shines. Thankfully we do not still have kids in college or a house payment to worry about. I really worry for the younger generation with kids still at home. Mama needed a much bigger house to raise her kids in than we did. And you needed a newer and bigger truck than we have. Now how are you going to pay for it?