The cold hard facts $$$$&

This is the truth straight from the horses mouth so to speak, a really good teamster friend of mine.
Now please refrain from personal baby insults and that sorta crap. If you have nothing constructive to add to the convo then please find another thread to bash in. I bring the truth about what is going on in the IBT and how it will hurt the NCT drivers.

There is a mandate out to all local unions to organize as many trucking comp they can ASAP. Why might you ask me ? The answer is simple and the math is simple.

YRC employs over 26000 union members to the tune of $ 1,560,000 a month to the IBT give or take a few hounded thousand. If YRC goes belly up pretty much so do the teamsters. You might say WOW but how does that affect me at NCT. Well let's look at that the 220 drivers will be paying over 15000 a month & over 175,000 a year to the IBT to help offset the loss of over 1.5 million dollars.

Right now the IBT pension is almost broke the Central Stated Pension is pretty much broke so what is a business to do when it loses it's biggest customer and trust me the IBT is a business just like NCT is. The IBT must go out and secure NEW customers just like any other business does.

But here is the kicker. Your money will be funding a bankrupt pension plan for other members who have long ago retired, pretty much throwing bad money after bad money.

Men you have to ask yourself and your families is this worth my future ??? What is my 66.45 a month really going to get me FREE HEALTHCARE ( lie ) and a free pension from a bankrupt pension plan?

ALL NCT DRIVERS ITS TIME TO WAKE UP MAN UP AND VOTE NO. BY VOTING NO TO THE TEAMSTERS YOU ARE VOTING YES TO FEEDING YOUR FAMILY AND KEEPING YOUR CHOICE IN LIFE ,,,, AND NOT LETTING A THIRD PARTY CHOOSE FOR YOU.
I have not read all 7 pages of this thread so please forgive me if I am addressing something that has already been addressed.
Since you are so concerned with providing the truth I will assist you because I like the truth too and your comments on the pension fund(s) and who is going to pay for them couldn't be farther from the truth.
There are many pension funds that the Teamsters have throughout the country and technically they are separate entities from the IBT. When these funds were started up benefits were given to people who had worked for the company immediately the same as social security was handled so the first retirees' benefits were paid immediately and part of the current workers' contributions went towards that. In the 1990's the funds were all flush with cash due to a thriving economy and stock market. The laws regarding these funds required that the excess funds be passed on rather than stashed for a rainy day and benefits were increased in terms of higher benefits and early retirements. Then the stock market crashed and the funds' investments were slashed in value the same as everyone elses were. That is where the money went.

Now, on the issue of who's going to pay for it? Certainly not anyone who is not a part of the quagmire. Not UPS Freight, not New Century should they become Teamsters and not any other company who was never a part of those pension funds. Most likely the workers will pay for it in drastically reduced pension payments. Nothing more, nothing less.

What, if any, pension and health insurance if provided should NCT go union would be negotiated.

If you have the need for any more truth be told feel free to ask.

ABFer, finally someone has told them "straight from the horses mouth." Unfortunately they still won't get it. If you swayed 1 person then a job well done!

the people who post on here that are against the union are office workers and supervisors...who cares wht they think or say, but their in for a rude awakining...i myself am anxiously awaiting dec 10.

One other thing that I overlooked that may help. Dues could not possibly be $66.45/month. Dues is 2.5x your hourly rate rounded to the nearest full dollar. It would never, ever be anything $xx.45. And if you're making enough that your dues would be $66/month ($26.40) right now the Teamsters Union will not be able to improve your wages.

jbusy12 you are a waste of time and there's no winning with you. We could give you a rub off that guarantee's you $100,000 and you would ask NCT if you could scratch it off. NCT would say you have to give it to us and you would ask how would you like it...large or small bills? You're nose is getting browner and browner. YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE OFFICE...somewhere

And what do you think you will change, when a company and a union start negotiations they start with a blank piece of paper and the union can demand anything they want but if the company wont sign then it doesent happen, the you take a strike vote to go on strike, then you go out on strike, you do know that if your out on strike you never make that money back even if lets say the company after just 2 week the company gives in and signs for a 2% raise figure the math, at the end of a year you lost money, oh and by the way don't forget you union dues at 66.45 a month means you lost, no matter how you do the math your on the short end of the stick. You can do math can't you?

And my last thing on this matter is if you all think that union jobs are the best in all the world then WHY haven't you left and gone to work for a union company? Is that because you would make less money then your making now or because they are getting ready to give even more back in wages and vacations, so go and get one you know there out ther so hurry up and go and get yourself a GOOD union job!!!!!!!!!! oh I guess you forgot there arent any so go ahead and vote yes so you can pay a union rep's salary while your loosing money. That really make a lot of sence doesen't it.

I can tell you why I didn't leave NCT. I was very happy when Harry was here. The pay cut hurt, believe me, but it was for a man that loved his drivers. Not a company that didn't give a crap about you or your family. I have to tell you a personal story. My wife and I were staying in the Keys.(by the way it was our last trip) We knew people down there and we went out with them quite a lot during our stay. One night we walked in and our friends Father was on the phone. After he got off the phone we started talking and he asked me where I worked...and he said you're not going to believe it but I was just talking to Harry! They were good friends...he then began to tell me how Harry felt about his drivers and how bad he felt about the pay cut. Then I knew it was no bull about how he really felt. That's my reason for not leaving NCT. Whether you think it's a good reason...I really don't care. Harry wanted us to get our pay back. Wouldn't you stay with a man that gave you the respect you deserve? This new company doesn't care one bit about you...they don't even know your name...you're a number. Your their ticket for their luxury cars, trips and a great retirement. What do WE get from them? Please tell me why you are so damn happy with NCT? Go head tell me it's a job....it puts food on the table blah, blah, blah...you guys get me sick! I want what I deserve! I deserve more then "just making it"! Now is the time to get back what is due us...I'M FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS DUE ME, my family AND MY FELLOW DRIVERS! Shame on you for not wanting the same!

Last edited by a moderator:
HARRY was a great man, hard worker and he was a people person..he made people feel comfortable and the people who knew him worked hard for him. Unfortunately, he sold his soul to the devil. If you accept the way the new mangement has torn apart this company then your being selfish...perhaps, the bosses should try a new approach and level with the employees instaed of trying scare tactics

agreed harry was great, not many like him out there, the guy hustled like nobody else out there if anything this has brought to light the necessary changes we are all clamoring for.

just not from the outside

agreed harry was great, not many like him out there, the guy hustled like nobody else out there if anything this has brought to light the necessary changes we are all clamoring for.

just not from the outside

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by a moderator:
dub74 I agree,Harry sold his soul when he acquired P&P. I'll bet he probably regretted that decision but he did it for family.....first mistake! Why he took on their management is beyond me but not our concern. What our concern is getting back all we sacrificed for the company. The new hires have no idea what that job was like in the good years. All they know is it's a job. If they would only listen to the guys that have been through all the sacrifices and understand that all they want is what they gave up, it makes more common sense. New Century has had numerous chances to make this right but chose to ignore us. THEY brought this to a head. How much more do we have to sacrifice with no positive outlook for the future? These new hires think they really care but if they would only open their eyes to the truth... NEW CENTURY ONLY CARES ABOUT 1 THING....THEMSELVES!!!!! I pray this union vote goes through. If so, 2 things will happen. First and foremost NCT will be forced to negotiate a fair contract, giving the members what they deserve. The days of non-transparency will be over. Their actual net profits will be revealed and they can't hide behind the private company status. Secondly, all those men that voted against the union will finally see why it all happened. Then they will have to make a choice. Either commend those who fought FOR THEM, or look for another non-union job with the same so-called great atmosphere!

they cut a few of those top heavy folks from what i understand but you are right, is the union going to change how people get paid? no not at all

but he left us high and dry, some new names and faces are responsible for some good things that have happened since he retired to italy, so i feel its worth giving them a shot to make it work, the new people have only been here what 1 year? or less for some.

not saying all is right but id like to see what they can do for us

actually you stand to gain more because you'll get overtime pay and no " out of pocket " health care costs. It will be cheaper for NCT to pay into the Teamster health care program than what they're paying now, and you'll have much better coverage. What you pay now for doctors visits and co-pays at hospitals will be significantly lower than what you pay now. I'm not sure how long you think you should " wait and see " what the management is going to do for you. Their track record speaks for itself. Even with the vote coming up, you would think they would be making offers to all of you, instead they're feeding false negativity about the union. I don't quite understand what it is they expect to accomplish with no substantial positive feedback to make things better.

well im pretty sure they cant " make offers" before a vote, that would be illegal.

but the "negativity" is definitely coming from both sides, refer to some of your above comments

but i would expect we give them a better chance, union talk has been around here since harry left, the new people are tryin to turn it around for us

JBusy...man you are brainwashed...please tell me how they are turning things around? Yes, they can make offers, they just can't make offers and not fulfill them...which is why they aren't offering anything to us. Don't know what more I can say...

Im pretty sure the net has been cast.Now all you guys can do is wait for the vote.I doubt any minds will be changed from now till the vote.