ABF | the company is looking at the possibility of other "strategic" acquisitions

All these companies are the same. They always claim they are losing money. Went there for a job recently in NJ. Never heard back from them . When I called HR they said my app was rejected but that HR dosent give a reason. Im a Ex Hostess driver. All they ever did was take money from us. Then finally went out of business. Good luck guys.

Thank you, Brother. A heartfelt Good Luck to you, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't ABF just win a handful of awards for outstanding service. You get what you pay for. I for one have always looked at ABF drivers with respect. Well dressed, clean cut professionals. And since I 've been working here part time, every driver I've ran into is courteous, respectful and customer service oriented. I have learned a lot about what it means to be a professional since I've been here, I have been in LTL for 8 years with two other companies. It's not all about cramming high and tight, or rushing customers to get the bills printed and freight loaded. It's about getting freight to it's destination damage free and servicing customers. It's too bad the company and IBT doesn't see drivers in the same light, or they wouldn't be requesting such ridiculous concessions. Sorry if this sounds like I'm laying it on a little thick, but happy drivers are productive drivers. They are the key to a successful company, regardless of what any bean counter says, the guys on the street pays the bills.

Sorry Brother Duke,...this is the "new" ABF. Things like "courteous", or " friendly",...or"service" aren't able to quantify into dollars and cents,.....therefore they don't matter.....Management didn't win those awards,.....we did. You can jockey a desk all day long ,....doesn't move any freight,....not that I've seen. I guess maybe a few of us still have some of those old-fashioned qualities like work ethics and pride in a job well done. Maybe that's why ABF is going to spend millions in technology to do surveillance on us........maybe they'll figure out why us stupid dolts do such a good job and win awards.

Brother Duke,....this company is being run for the sole benefit of the shareholders,......at the expense of the employees, customers and service. Didn't used to be that way,...but I'm sure that some other poster will show up on here and tell you that that's the way companies do things nowadays,......and we better get used to it......

Sorry Brother Duke,...this is the "new" ABF. Things like "courteous", or " friendly",...or"service" aren't able to quantify into dollars and cents,.....therefore they don't matter.....Management didn't win those awards,.....we did. You can jockey a desk all day long ,....doesn't move any freight,....not that I've seen. I guess maybe a few of us still have some of those old-fashioned qualities like work ethics and pride in a job well done. Maybe that's why ABF is going to spend millions in technology to do surveillance on us........maybe they'll figure out why us stupid dolts do such a good job and win awards.
AHA that's the reason they need those electronic devices, because they know the quality of driver they will be able to attract under the new contract.

Next time you run into a YRC driver, thank him for this race to the bottom!They started it by voting yes!

What I think YRC teamsters are trying to tell you guys is this....READ it real close.....as things are not what they seem.....ours at least has 25% of our pension payments applied after a specific period....YOURS is a pension FREEZE for FIVE (5) LONG YEARS!...NOT to mention, ours has been modified during our 5 years buy the Committees and re-interpreted so many different times, that we still have greivences pending from 2 years ago that have not been heard on violations of our "deal"....If you give them that 6.5%, they will be back for more later....we started at 10%....than later we gave up a weeks vacation and another 5%.....just sayin'...KK

What I think YRC teamsters are trying to tell you guys is this....READ it real close.....as things are not what they seem.....ours at least has 25% of our pension payments applied after a specific period....YOURS is a pension FREEZE for FIVE (5) LONG YEARS!...NOT to mention, ours has been modified during our 5 years buy the Committees and re-interpreted so many different times, that we still have greivences pending from 2 years ago that have not been heard on violations of our "deal"....If you give them that 6.5%, they will be back for more later....we started at 10%....than later we gave up a weeks vacation and another 5%.....just sayin'...KK

I am on my phone so I can't verify but I am 90 percent sure that the freeze is for non union employees only.

That.....is the most hilarious,.....no,..make that obscene....no....just watching that video makes me uncomfortable,...on several levels. Please tell me the sound was dubbed in,....or I'll never look at a turtle the same way again. That video reminds me of..........no,..no ..I won't go there....I refuse to think of an allegorical simile to an "acquaintance" of mine....Dang it, Brother Doodah!....not sure if I like ANY amphibians, now........

That.....is the most hilarious,.....no,..make that obscene....no....just watching that video makes me uncomfortable,...on several levels. Please tell me the sound was dubbed in,....or I'll never look at a turtle the same way again. That video reminds me of..........no,..no ..I won't go there....I refuse to think of an allegorical simile to an "acquaintance" of mine....Dang it, Brother Doodah!....not sure if I like ANY amphibians, now........
ok boys & girls here is a video of the screaming for jimmy hoffa SR.Funny Goats Screaming like Humans - YouTube

Next time you run into a YRC driver, thank him for this race to the bottom!They started it by voting yes!

Wasn't that Bush's fault? You jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Oh well, you can't win'em all.

Really? You are gonna pull out "allegorical simile" on this message board.

You are like the shining beacon in the fog but I didn't even know you could use those two words together:)

Really? You are gonna pull out "allegorical simile" on this message board.

You are like the shining beacon in the fog but I didn't even know you could use those two words together:)

I'm sorry, Brother.....that video had my mind in a whirl...I guess an allegorical simile is really a contraindicative oxymoron.........

I can't prove this.Our freight flow here at at YRC seemed to have picked up quite a bit.I think with all the contract talk going on.The ABF customers may be a little timid about putting their freight on ABF.I also think that is why Welch from YRC had meetings with McReynolds.Not about acquisitions but about hauling ABF freight in the interim.While contracts are being discussed and voted on.