ADuiePyle | The End Is near

What do you think will happen to all truckers paychecks and benefits if YRC folds?

Nothing at Duie Pyle. We've never been at the top of the pay scale but have decent people, great benefits, a nice pension/401 mix and good equipment. We're definitely top 3 in overall packages.

If/when YRC fails, the rates will go up and the pay scale will stay the same short term and improve long term. :shift:

I agree 100%

Nothing at Duie Pyle. We've never been at the top of the pay scale but have decent people, great benefits, a nice pension/401 mix and good equipment. We're definitely top 3 in overall packages.

If/when YRC fails, the rates will go up and the pay scale will stay the same short term and improve long term. :shift:

The thought that pay will decrease if YRC fails is not logical thinking.

adp in pay trouble.

ADP p&d drivers are averaging 14 hrs a day with a lot drivers hitting 70 hrs. At top rate of $ 22.00, overtime pay is $ 33.00

Drivers are getting $ 33.00 an hour on Thursday and Friday. Plus with FICA, pension and health care costs, this is going to bankrupt the company just like the UAW did to GM and Chrysler. Current freight rates do not support this type of operation. High volume (Walmart) with low rates equal a negative result. Drivers are happy as a lurk.

No one will know till the last minute since the company is privately owned. ADP needs to revamp their operation quick. An increase in fuel cost will spell "the end".

ADP p&d drivers are averaging 14 hrs a day with a lot drivers hitting 70 hrs. At top rate of $ 22.00, overtime pay is $ 33.00

Drivers are getting $ 33.00 an hour on Thursday and Friday. Plus with FICA, pension and health care costs, this is going to bankrupt the company just like the UAW did to GM and Chrysler. Current freight rates do not support this type of operation. High volume (Walmart) with low rates equal a negative result. Drivers are happy as a lurk.

No one will know till the last minute since the company is privately owned. ADP needs to revamp their operation quick. An increase in fuel cost will spell "the end".

Please stop spewing your negative hate. As you said, "No one will know till the last minute since the company is privately owned". So quit acting like you know. Truth is, the money saved on insurance from the jobs eliminated could probably cover the overtime forever. They don't haul freight that they lose money on (see dumping WalMart) and are very stable. Your "end is near" seems like wishful thinking. You may want to compare the overtime with what OT after 8 and union guys are getting. :shift:

The sky is falling the sky is falling????

Why so negative?
A. Duie Pyle is no where near the least expensive carrier for a shipper to use. If the drivers are working that many hours I would venture a guess that they must be pretty busy.

You are right about the Walmart type of business. I would think that Pyle will walk away from it soon if it's not profitable.

If fuel spikes the fuel surcharge goes up with it. I think that would neutralize any loss.

So, again, my question is Darla, why so negative?

Darla Get A Life

Darla is back, and I thought I was lucky enough that you fell off the face of trucking. No matter where you post its negative info, you must have a real hatred for trucking. When you were let go from Pyle as you said you were, that is life !! It happened all over trucking. Since you have not been here how can you possibly know whats going on, rumors, gossip or here say !!! More than likely you are talking out you:eck13:. Maybe you should change your name to Bad News Darla or HAG for short. :ranting2:

Darla is back, and I thought I was lucky enough that you fell off the face of trucking. No matter where you post its negative info, you must have a real hatred for trucking. When you were let go from Pyle as you said you were, that is life !! It happened all over trucking. Since you have not been here how can you possibly know whats going on, rumors, gossip or here say !!! More than likely you are talking out you:eck13:. Maybe you should change your name to Bad News Darla or SKAG for short. :ranting2:

SKAG... I like the sound of that! Lets not get worked up over these negative posts. I think we should all focus on the good-which is people that carry this sort of negativity and ignorance will obviously have a short lived career with Pyle. Keep you trash talking for the hair salon Darla!

Just leave out the name calling and attack the post, not the poster. If you feel there is a violation, report it in the upper right hand corner of the post. Thanks

Violation of the facts, just the facts. The uaw auto worker talked just like you guys and gals are, just before gm and chysler filed for bankruptcy. You are a worker and not part of management. Has the owners of ADP ever shown you there balance sheet or management compensation list.

With the extra low rates, decreasing freight volume, how do you think ADP is surviving, with wishfull thinking. There is an answer to that. A method to it. If ADP does not have it, the end might just be around the corner. I hope not for all the drivers who need their job and live payday to payday.

As far as calling me names, have at it. Be my guests. I have been thru more than what you would imagine. You have to get out the truck to gain experience.

Violation of the facts, just the facts. The uaw auto worker talked just like you guys and gals are, just before gm and chysler filed for bankruptcy. You are a worker and not part of management. Has the owners of ADP ever shown you there balance sheet or management compensation list.

With the extra low rates, decreasing freight volume, how do you think ADP is surviving, with wishfull thinking. There is an answer to that. A method to it. If ADP does not have it, the end might just be around the corner. I hope not for all the drivers who need their job and live payday to payday.

As far as calling me names, have at it. Be my guests. I have been thru more than what you would imagine. You have to get out the truck to gain experience.

Darla, whatever happened between you and Pyle must not have been good and I'm sorry it happened to you.
As I've mentioned in earlier posts, ADP is not the cheapest carrier customers can choose from. I think they are probably one of the more expensive but customers use them because of the excellent service and great drivers. I know that they have had to cut rates to remain competitive but not to the extent that the competition has. If Pyle does handle business that isn't profitable they are usually pretty quick to walk away from it. Granted, that is tough to do in this economy. Freight levels are behind last year but not dramatically. I don't think Pyle has had a pay cut. Even though the family doesn't share the bottom line numbers, they have been pretty sound for 85 years and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

It is tough out there right now but Pyle will survive.

Darla, whatever it is you do now, have fun and Good Luck.

ADP is a quality company and in fine shape. I had 2 trucks leased to them for over 10 years and can tell you they are top drawer. My son works for a national corporation and when they took ADP on as a customer they ran all the appropriate credit checks and a Dun & Bradstreet report. He said they are incredible. Financially he said they are one of the most solid trucking companies he`s seen and with almost no debt service to weigh them down during hard financial times.

ADP is a quality company and in fine shape. I had 2 trucks leased to them for over 10 years and can tell you they are top drawer. My son works for a national corporation and when they took ADP on as a customer they ran all the appropriate credit checks and a Dun & Bradstreet report. He said they are incredible. Financially he said they are one of the most solid trucking companies he`s seen and with almost no debt service to weigh them down during hard financial times.

Trust me ADP is managed by the best in the biz all former New Penn, you are going to be killer, yrc kills npme and nemf is gone because nobody in the family wants them. You will have free reign in the noreast !!

i have heard nothing but great things about ADP....AND I DO AGREE THEY WILL REPLACE NEW PENN AS TOP DAWG.IN THE EAST...THERE IS NO COMPETITION