Super Administrator
Credits
Went out today and it was 34 degrees , caught dinner... Had a good time

sGQJsSy.jpg

TECyxrF.jpg

QAilHRb.jpg

Y4IZcsQ.jpg

FieZmR7.jpg

Is it fair to use technology to catch such little fish? I am a cane pole & live bait fisherman & give the fish a sporting chance. Still dig my own worms.

Wow you are old DMC or maybe just a good old school type

I haven't fished like that in quite a while but I am not too proud to use live bait if that is what it takes to put meat in the skillet. I still have some Heddon Lucky 13's I have used when nothing else worked. I know they are old but fish aren't educated on age of baits.

That's why I do the depth charge style of fishing, m-100 into water, fish float up, just net them up no hooks or bait required.

I have heard of fishermen using a shocking device like a hand operated generator similar to what old military phones used for power. Here in the hills it is referred to as calling up the fish. I have been on fishing trips when you throw everything in but the tackle box & still not get fish. It has been tempting to use dynamite or a generator. An acquaintance was filmed calling up catfish by game wardens. He paid a steep fine & was told by the game wardens that they had the authority to seize his boat, trailer & truck.

I have heard of fishermen using a shocking device like a hand operated generator similar to what old military phones used for power. Here in the hills it is referred to as calling up the fish. I have been on fishing trips when you throw everything in but the tackle box & still not get fish. It has been tempting to use dynamite or a generator. An acquaintance was filmed calling up catfish by game wardens. He paid a steep fine & was told by the game wardens that they had the authority to seize his boat, trailer & truck.

Even the old house magneto phones worked on catfish only, slick skin. antenna whiskers (no scales) game wardens frowned on this practice for sure.