XPO | The future of Xpo

As a current employee do you think Xpo LTL as it operates now will survive in the long haul ?

• Yes

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 69.2%

• Total voters
One thing to keep in mind is Jacobs usual strategy is the roll up model. It is quite significant that he has stopped buying companies . This should be a major concern as to the future. Why did he stop buying ?

In a recent ( this week ) Xpo information television made a point to show the Xpo stock started at $7 a share and is now $87 . That was shown as an example of Xpo’s health. The problem as I see it this is the main focus if not soul focus. Everything is about the stock cost cutting to push it higher.

With the LTL freight market as tight as it is at present, he can get away with much of what he's doing both to the company and the shippers. But I've seen what this company does during the lean times and they will do what's required to survive until a buyer is found or not. I don't know the man personally of course, but I think he's a surviver and I he's not going to let this cash cow be butchered by Wall St. despite the internal butchering he's already done.

I agree with the tight market part you mentioned. When the ltl market cools is when the survivors will stand out . As for Brad I think he’s in new territory right now for him . I personally don’t think he has the right stuff to run a stand alone ltl for the long haul.

hopefully this poll doesn’t fall to the same dishonesty that Jacobs used in urging people to vote favorably like he did with The Glassdoor rating.

Jacobs knows what he’s doing
With all do respect. If Jacobs knows what he is doing why has the company been so poorly run too this point ? Do refer to the stock price as the gauge of doing well ? Do you think the customers feel the company is being run well ? I am not questioning your standards just trying to find what your basing how you feel he knows what he doing.

You see a lot of people are basing there income and livelihood for their families on the fact he knows what he’s doing , for their sake let’s hope your right.

If you think Jacobs knows what he’s doing just because he’s wealthy I would have too strongly disagree. Many people become wealthy from ways that are not always a benefit to others .

Last edited:
Obviously I don’t work at XPO, but you will drive yourself goofy trying to predict what will, or will not happen in the future. There are many on here who,think, they have the answers to operational problems, company procedures, and employee moral. But until you have walked in say, a terminal managers shoes, you don’t know. If you truly believe they won’t survive, then maybe you should move on. Just be careful making that decision, because it may not be any better there.

Obviously I don’t work at XPO, but you will drive yourself goofy trying to predict what will, or will not happen in the future. There are many on here who,think, they have the answers to operational problems, company procedures, and employee moral. But until you have walked in say, a terminal managers shoes, you don’t know. If you truly believe they won’t survive, then maybe you should move on. Just be careful making that decision, because it may not be any better there.
Is something changed on TB? We're now allowed to make rational, intelligent comments on Sundays? Who knew!

Thank you. Exactly right. Get yourself in the best financial position you can, do your job as safely as you can. Can’t sweat the rest.

One should always be prepared for a job loss. It is foolish to put all your eggs in one basket. One thing to keep in mind with Jacobs is he is trying placate investors above all else . The problem with that is most investors today are geared to short term gains .

Employee engagement and job satisfaction speaks volumes. If I were Jacobs and read this poll I would be very very concerned. If you can’t convince your employees that’s bad.

Thank you. Exactly right. Get yourself in the best financial position you can, do your job as safely as you can. Can’t sweat the rest.
Could not agree more particularly when dealing with a wall street guy . If you feel there a conscious for employees you would be sadly mistaken.