XPO | The future of Xpo

As a current employee do you think Xpo LTL as it operates now will survive in the long haul ?

• Yes

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 69.2%

• Total voters
I got a new ride. Far more enjoyable. I really thought I would second guess leaving or would feel regret. The relief of quitting was surreal. I now feel that what I do matters again. And that ain’t nothing.
Wow. You did it. How many years at Conway/XPO?
I’m 32 years in at my place. I don’t know what a application or a resume should look like……

Wow. You did it. How many years at Conway/XPO?
I’m 32 years in at my place. I don’t know what a application or a resume should look like……

Just shy of 13 years. So nothing like what you have. But to say things have changed don’t tell the whole story.
The priority at Con-way. The customers freight.
The priority at XPO. Transgender restrooms.
Con-way was safety always.
XPO is share holder value above all else.
Con-way had a truck on the race circuit.
XPO has a float on the Pride parade.
Con-way was a business.
XPO is like one of those ads before your YouTube video telling you how rich they are and how you could be too, if you just send them money to fund their pyramid scheme.

Did you get out of LTL

No. I stayed in the circus. I want to try this out. If it goes bad. I’ll get out. And I’m very new. So I know there will be days I’d rather quit. And I just might. But at the moment. I feel very good about it. They are hiring as many as they can, as quickly as they can. And have invested in equipment. XPO kept telling us there is a shortage. Nothing we can do. Well, these folks have equipment. And they got more coming. Someone is lying. And seeing is believing. This ain’t a story. This is for real. They have it. No lie. Every terminal I go to. Trailers and dollies stacked up. Just waiting on more drivers so they can pull more freight.

I didn’t vote. As I am not a current employee. Because I have zero faith in the future of the company or my employment at XPO. So, not only am I a no vote. I took action. No more sitting on my hands. Hoping for better.
All this time I was right. Unionization is a waste of time. This job is a waste of time. An application can immediately improve your situation. Anyone encouraging people to stay at XPO is doing that person a disservice. And lying to that person and themselves.

I didn’t vote. As I am not a current employee. Because I have zero faith in the future of the company or my employment at XPO. So, not only am I a no vote. I took action. No more sitting on my hands. Hoping for better.
All this time I was right. Unionization is a waste of time. This job is a waste of time. An application can immediately improve your situation. Anyone encouraging people to stay at XPO is doing that person a disservice. And lying to that person and themselves.
Did you burn the bridge when you left or did you give them a couple of weeks notice?

( It doesn't seem to matter at this point when you combine XPO's desperation with the lack of qualified and willing applicants , it seems like anyone can come back regardless of the circumstances of their exit. )

Did you burn the bridge when you left or did you give them a couple of weeks notice?

( It doesn't seem to matter at this point when you combine XPO's desperation with the lack of qualified and willing applicants , it seems like anyone can come back regardless of the circumstances of their exit. )

I told them I was quitting in May. By time I actually quit. I didn’t even know who to quit to. They all gone too. So. It’s a bridge burned. I guess. But to be completely honest. If I couldn’t tolerate the place with seniority. I wouldn’t tolerate it starting over. And anywhere will hire anyone at top scale with a sign on bonus. So it’s whatever. Like I said. If this doesn’t work out. I am done driving. I’ll get into some shift work at a local warehouse.

I told them I was quitting in May. By time I actually quit. I didn’t even know who to quit to. They all gone too. So. It’s a bridge burned. I guess. But to be completely honest. If I couldn’t tolerate the place with seniority. I wouldn’t tolerate it starting over. And anywhere will hire anyone at top scale with a sign on bonus. So it’s whatever. Like I said. If this doesn’t work out. I am done driving. I’ll get into some shift work at a local warehouse.
Good luck in all the future holds for you. I’m glad you had a good opportunity for a change.

I don't know your particular situation , but most people that are exiting ( that I'm familiar with ) are not leaving because of money.

I won't rehash a bunch of negatives about XPO
I'll just say I've asked management of all kinds: Are they aware of WHY folks leave? NO.

I've asked management: Do they interview people that are leaving to find out what they thought some of XPO's problems are? NO.

I've asked management: Do they care that XPO is loosing people that have a LOT of experience and GREAT work ethic? NO.

So , if XPO ceases to exist in the future , it will be like EVERY OTHER COMPANY - entirely avoidable and of their own doing.

Best of Luck to you..... I hope it all works out....

I don't know your particular situation , but most people that are exiting ( that I'm familiar with ) are not leaving because of money.

I'll just say I've asked management of all kinds: Are they aware of WHY folks leave? NO.

I've asked management: Do they interview people that are leaving to find out what they thought some of XPO's problems are? NO.

I've asked management: Do they care that XPO is loosing people that have a LOT of experience and GREAT work ethic? NO.

So , if XPO ceases to exist in the future , it will be like EVERY OTHER COMPANY - entirely avoidable and of their own doing.
You mean they won't be able to blame it on the union?

Yes, if your looking for it to fix bad management it won’t. Now, if your looking to protect yourself from the aftermath of bad management it’s a must.

If you don’t work for XPO. The management at XPO can’t hurt you.

Unless you are dumb enough to ship anything with them. Suggestion. Don’t.

The job paid great. They all pay great. The situation is spit. Other situations are not.

Good luck in all the future holds for you. I’m glad you had a good opportunity for a change.

Thank you. I wish the best for all the old convicts. Get your parole and get off this pay roll.

It’s not all the same. Yes trucking is trucking.

But XPO is toxic. And abusive. And you can do better.

I spent years believing it could or would get better. It didn’t. I feel it won’t.

In leaving. I made it better. For so long. I waited on someone or something. And I was able to do it all by myself. I didn’t have to wait on anyone else. The whole time I was waiting on me.

Best of Luck to you..... I hope it all works out....

Thank you.

These guys don’t realize. Just what an amazing opportunity they have right now. I got a small raise per unit of work that will be a small pay cut on the year, considering I will be on call and not running a great bid. But caught a signing bonus that will make up for it. The money is a push. But as has been mentioned. The money ain’t why I left or why I went where I did. It just made it easier to justify leaving. But leaving was the goal. I am just done. And it feels amazing.

Is your new company on TB?

Aren’t they all ? I won’t be continuing this account in that way. I’ll hang around for a little bit as highspeeds. And then work out a “ rebirth “ with Jeff and the mods. Social media being what it is and all. Anonymity and plausible deniability. Etc. I know you guys will figure it out pretty quickly. But simply changing your name doesn’t erase the history of that users posts. Nor do I want to erase it all. You have to create a knew identity entirely. Or quit using the site entirely. Hopefully they are able to accommodate.

XPO is toxic. And abusive.
Exactly what Union representation if there for. Maybe if you and others might have taken a stand this abuse and toxicity could have been stopped.
Xpo has an abusive atmosphere because they can get away with it. The culture starts at the top.

Last edited: