XPO | The future of Xpo

As a current employee do you think Xpo LTL as it operates now will survive in the long haul ?

• Yes

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 69.2%

• Total voters
By now, many of you XPO drivers have learned that the company is making a change over from Vnomics to Samsara. I mention this because it's a multi-million dollar investment that's going to improve our horribly lacking current ELD system. I take this as another indication that the company isn't going anywhere, anytime soon and as much as I'd like to see LTL be sold off to a better company, I don't think that's going to happen either for awhile either.

By now, many of you XPO drivers have learned that the company is making a change over from Vnomics to Samsara. I mention this because it's a multi-million dollar investment that's going to improve our horribly lacking current ELD system. I take this as another indication that the company isn't going anywhere, anytime soon and as much as I'd like to see LTL be sold off to a better company, I don't think that's going to happen either for awhile either.
Valid reasoning . I am not of the sediment that Con-way was ever bought for the resale. I do think the have the intention of running it as a profitable company for the foreseeable future . That is as long as it take to run the stock price up as far as they can. That where the payoff is for Jacobs when that goal is met your guess is as good as mine. This notion of running a trucking company to make money off of relatively small profits from revenue is not in Jacobs scope of the way he traditionally makes his wealth. I do not have the faith that Jacobs and crew have the experience and knowledge to run a trucking company and maintain customers for the long haul.
As far as a future sell off to a new buyer , I also have grave concerns for that. The condition of infrastructure and equipment is pretty degraded. Some will have to make major improvements if we are sold. My chief concern is will the workers be made to take cuts at that point to rebuild. This is one of if not the main reason our barn organized. We feared loss from cost cutting from Jacobs . I think we were successful to an extent at stemming that off not only from a local standpoint but for the rest of Xpo LTL . The company feared any major or small cuts to employees compensation would send more terminals to seek representation.
Time WILL tell

They have to AT&T is shutting down their 3G network and that is what the Vnomics is run on. So the company has to move on

Good point. I am actually surprised to hear they are going through with this. Being as it was supposed to have been done a year and a half ago.

But for all we know. He is outfitting the tractors with new tools so that they can be better utilized in their new endeavors after they have pulled the gates on XPO.

This is news to me. Not a peep from anybody in management about a coming change to our ELD system. We’ve been in the dark at LSX for quite awhile. Communication at our barn is nonexistent.

This is news to me. Not a peep from anybody in management about a coming change to our ELD system. We’ve been in the dark at LSX for quite awhile. Communication at our barn is nonexistent.
I was told to keep quiet about it, but when I had managers coming to me and asking, I knew the word was getting out. This is too big a secret to tamp down forever

The Vnomics was an out-dated system when I came here over 7yrs ago. This system has been on life support since the ELD mandate and been nothing but a pain in the azz. I have use simpler systems both the install, use, and repair.

From what I hear the ELD is not one of there big problems....Was told that 5 to 6 complaints were filed with the DOT. Now add that to our horrible CSA score and can we say investigations....
Also add the numerous OHSA complained that have been filed. Heard they were called about XCV and I saw the letter posted at XMI this week.

The east end of that dock there,is pretty dark also....

Only 7 years ago ….that explains a lot . I guess your near due to job jump again to the bottom of another board Lol
Wow the clueless speaks....Not every company has boards, but you wouldn't know it because you to busy telling everyone the grass is greener over there yet you to scared to go...

Wow the clueless speaks....Not every company has boards, but you wouldn't know it because you to busy telling everyone the grass is greener over there yet you to scared to go...
Only company I speak to the grass is greener is UPS. I do not encourage people to move on however. I leave that to guys like you. I would rather see good hard working people stay and push for improvements that would benefit both the employees and employer. Unfortunately Xpo has not come to that realization.
Do you claim other LTL’s do not work in some form of seniority list ? I know a lot of guys at Xpo fear Unionization because of being held to a seniority level that they don’t like. That’s the problem with job jumping, you constantly fall to the bottom of the list. Some guys try to work around that in less than honorable manner. They constantly work in back channel ways to improve what they feel is their place in seniority despite their hire date. They are usually the ones quick to point the finger at others mistakes in order to elevate themselves in the eyes of management. Of course you wouldn’t know this not being one of them. At least I hope you don’t think I’m describing you. Just trying to point out how it works.

Last edited:
Only 7 years ago ….that explains a lot . I guess your near due to job jump again to the bottom of another board Lol

With the frequency that trucking companies get bought or go under. You would have a hard time finding loyal drivers. And the loyal ones are usually the “ suckers “ that fell for the corporate brain washing and took less for the betterment of the company. Or feared starting over. Because they are too lazy to consider themselves to be of value to another company.

If you have the opportunity to better yourself and don’t. That’s on you. You own that.

It’s not a negative for others to realize they can do better. Or for them to want better. Or to do what it takes to be better. Even if that means leaving what is clearly a bad situation.

You sound like a battered woman with all these excuses for your abuser. Wake up. Stop laughing at others. You sound pathetic.

Only company I speak to the grass is greener is UPS. I do not encourage people to move on however. I leave that to guys like you. I would rather see good hard working people stay and push for improvements that would benefit both the employees and employer. Unfortunately Xpo has not come to that realization.
Do you claim other LTL’s do not work in some form of seniority list ? I know a lot of guys at Xpo fear Unionization because of being held to a seniority level that they don’t like. That’s the problem with job jumping, you constantly fall to the bottom of the list. Some guys try to work around that in less than honorable manner. They constantly work in back channel ways to improve what they feel is their place in seniority despite their hire date. They are usually the ones quick to point the finger at others mistakes in order to elevate themselves in the eyes of management. Of course you wouldn’t know this not being one of them. At least I hope you don’t think I’m describing you. Just trying to point out how it works.

Are you drinking today ? This is incomprehensible. Even by your standards. Complete gibberish.