Central Transport | The Future

McClimon was brought in because the board has no faith in Keylon. Look hard at the numbers runaway, they do not lie. Keylon has been an unmitigated disaster in all aspects, from finance to the way people have been treated. Keylon goes with shock and awe, he is firing people that will not kiss his papal ring. If you were not born at FedEx, you will be fired. Keylon is a one dimensional wonder, he has never done anything but work at FedEx and play college football. He has brought over 70 folks from FedEx and at least 10% of them have quit on him and left. Look at his resume, he is not qualified to be where he is and I can tell you that the BOD is running this company, not Keylon. As far as money goes, unless we can stop losing money immediately ( won't happen) there is not enough money to get us through 2014 . Canada is not going to allow the last remaining 35 million to get spent . Figure on having 20 million left after the 2nd Q is reported next month. At the rate of loss, there is not enough cash to get us through the rest of 2013. I will bet you a bottle of crown maple Canada divorces us before the end of 2013!
They could fire Keylon....If its that bad why don't they? Replace him with McClimon.....You could be right...I'm willing to accept that....But I think its a bit extreme to spin us off. Not just yet.......But I'm not willing to lose a bottle of Crown Maple.......Oh....Hell no.

There are a lot of posts on here about the future of Vitran U.S. and who to blame for the companies short comings. Very little is posted about the one constant that has been in control of the company since it came to the U.S. with the purchase of Overland. U.S. LTL Presidents, Reid, Kimack, Kosoveck have come and gone. And, now Mr. Keylon has the reigns.

The fact is Mr. Gaetz has run this company into the ground. In other words, during the companies profitable days, when the stock price was high, with the company achieving record profit levels, very little, if any was reinvested back into the company. How many long time Vitran drivers remember the days when the maintenance shops could not spend any money after the middle of the month because they exceeded the "local" shop budget? Maintenance is just one example. Again, Gaetz invested very little back into Vitran - U.S. LTL. Facilities were allowed to fall apart, equipment was not properly maintained, and nothing was invested into technology. Why is it in 2012 Vitran is just getting hand held devices for the P&D drivers? Almost every other carrier has had this technology since at least 2000 to 2005. Most carriers also have a scanning system on their docks and have had it in place for at least 10 years.

The lack of re-investment into the "organization" during the profitable years is why Vitran is in a fight for it's existence in the U.S ltl market today. Mr. Keylon, can not just focus on turning the company around because he also has to fix a foundation that is falling a part because of a decade and a half of neglect. And he has to figure out how to fix this broken foundation on a very limited budget.

Gaetz never had a "vision" for the future, other than the next quarterly press release, which is why Vitran is where it is today.
I'm pulling this thread back up to the front so the new guys and girls can see why we are in this mess. Many think Keylon is the problem and should have turned this company around by now. He hasn't been here long enough to make a difference. It took years to get in this mess and it will takes years to come out. And we will come out...The question is will it be dead or alive. I say his FedX cronyism has been his greatest downfall. If he could just get out of that mindset that those people are the saviors of this company. You would think he would have learned by now considering how many have walked out on him. He is going to be the scapegoat for Gaetz mistakes if this company fails. And that's unfortunate because he had very little to do with their failure. You must understand this has been years in the making and you got to have the overall BIG PICTURE. I'm gonna take the high road now to limit getting too many PM's ripping me for kissing CK'S booty...See I don't blame him...And however this plays out I won't walk away angry. Maybe it's because I look at things in life as a lesson learned. There will always be things in this life that we don't want to happen. But they do happen and we must learn to accept them and move on. And there-in could lie the problem for Chris. He can't move on from FedX.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of posts on here about the future of Vitran U.S. and who to blame for the companies short comings. Very little is posted about the one constant that has been in control of the company since it came to the U.S. with the purchase of Overland. U.S. LTL Presidents, Reid, Kimack, Kosoveck have come and gone. And, now Mr. Keylon has the reigns.

The fact is Mr. Gaetz has run this company into the ground. In other words, during the companies profitable days, when the stock price was high, with the company achieving record profit levels, very little, if any was reinvested back into the company. How many long time Vitran drivers remember the days when the maintenance shops could not spend any money after the middle of the month because they exceeded the "local" shop budget? Maintenance is just one example. Again, Gaetz invested very little back into Vitran - U.S. LTL. Facilities were allowed to fall apart, equipment was not properly maintained, and nothing was invested into technology. Why is it in 2012 Vitran is just getting hand held devices for the P&D drivers? Almost every other carrier has had this technology since at least 2000 to 2005. Most carriers also have a scanning system on their docks and have had it in place for at least 10 years.

The lack of re-investment into the "organization" during the profitable years is why Vitran is in a fight for it's existence in the U.S ltl market today. Mr. Keylon, can not just focus on turning the company around because he also has to fix a foundation that is falling a part because of a decade and a half of neglect. And he has to figure out how to fix this broken foundation on a very limited budget.

Gaetz never had a "vision" for the future, other than the next quarterly press release, which is why Vitran is where it is today.
Here you go Tammy....read it and weep.

LTL is Great summarized things very well.... All I know, is as a driver, there are 11,000 to 12,000 shipments that will be looking for a new home, soon.. I too should and will be looking for a new home soon.

Although I said this a thousand times in a thousand ways fudge this post by"ltl is great" says it all. No one could have saved Vitran..........We were doomed from the beginning.

DOOMED by Gaetz

This post says it all. My friend ultimately got banned but not before he posted this masterpiece.

Last edited: