ADuiePyle | The good, the bad and the ugly

sharpei0

TB Lurker
Credits
I am currently in the process of being hired for a line haul position at ADP. I am working for a fairly decent company now, and I am not sure if I should switch over. So I am wondering about the real conditions at ADP, not just what the recruiter is telling me such as type and condition of equipment, how many hours can I expect, will I be slip seating....etc. Any information would be welcome, Thanks

Driver i just got out of orientation last week and from what i experienced at there main terminal this company doesn't bullshit you they are honest and up front with you. A good percentage of there operations is filled with old timer drivers, or drivers who took advancment opportunities through the company. As far as linehaul i do not think you will have to worry about the slip seating, i know all the pd drivers slip seat tho. As far as hours i heard the linehaul drivers depending on what terminal you are based out of, average 11-13 hours or so a night sometimes more. They haul quite a bit of hazmat, and there equipment is 2007 and newer freightliners which are 10speeds, older 2004 9spd macks, and autoshift freightliner sleepers. They do offer a 401k, a company contributed pension plan, and amazingly cheap health benefits for you and your family. They are through blue cross and after reading through the coverage it is amazing, at 55 a week. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner while a couple of us new hired were eating lunch at a place right up the street from the west chester pa terminal, he sat down and ate with us and let me tell you driver this guy is a down to earth friendly hardworking average guy. They pay you for the orientation, and if you drive down they cut you a check that day for the expenses. A guy from buffalo got a 545check that day! They pay you also for 8hours a day at your hire rate. Seems like a great company hope i helped you out, good luck driver.

I am currently in the process of being hired for a line haul position at ADP. I am working for a fairly decent company now, and I am not sure if I should switch over. So I am wondering about the real conditions at ADP, not just what the recruiter is telling me such as type and condition of equipment, how many hours can I expect, will I be slip seating....etc. Any information would be welcome, Thanks

what Sharpie0 said is correct. You will not see the sleeper trucks on the LTL side, they belong to the truck load div. P&D drivers are split on slip seating- some have assigned trucks some dont. they do their best to keep l/h drivers in assigned trucks. you do get your hourly rate while in orientation , and they pay you milage plus tolls if you come from another terminal for orientation.

Driver i just got out of orientation last week and from what i experienced at there main terminal this company doesn't bullshit you they are honest and up front with you. A good percentage of there operations is filled with old timer drivers, or drivers who took advancment opportunities through the company. As far as linehaul i do not think you will have to worry about the slip seating, i know all the pd drivers slip seat tho. As far as hours i heard the linehaul drivers depending on what terminal you are based out of, average 11-13 hours or so a night sometimes more. They haul quite a bit of hazmat, and there equipment is 2007 and newer freightliners which are 10speeds, older 2004 9spd macks, and autoshift freightliner sleepers. They do offer a 401k, a company contributed pension plan, and amazingly cheap health benefits for you and your family. They are through blue cross and after reading through the coverage it is amazing, at 55 a week. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner while a couple of us new hired were eating lunch at a place right up the street from the west chester pa terminal, he sat down and ate with us and let me tell you driver this guy is a down to earth friendly hardworking average guy. They pay you for the orientation, and if you drive down they cut you a check that day for the expenses. A guy from buffalo got a 545check that day! They pay you also for 8hours a day at your hire rate. Seems like a great company hope i helped you out, good luck driver.

Great information... thanks

They were a good company to work with when I spent the summer there. (They hired me even though I up front with them that I could only work for three months, at that time they didnt care they just needed the help)

i have worked for a couple of different types of companies and i have to say that ADP is the best of them. the brothers are up front with you on everything going on in the company. they keep us posted with the communication tapes. and the annual meeting s and btc's are a nice way for them to come and mingle with us. the amazing thing is that peter remembers everyones name at all times. i dont know how he does it but it really makes you feel good when the owner of the company that you work for knows you by name.

learn to operate a fork lift and yes you will be slip seating equipment is ok all have radios and cruise but are slow and old. but mainly be prepared to work the dock before you go out or while waiting at a terminal or when you arrive at your destination if you are needed. I was a swap driver which is almost like linehaul but I saw the line haul drivers have to go if their assigned tractor was out . You may like the job I didnt so I moved on. I saw a driver get fired for not pulling down a dock door so be careful and follow all the rules and MAKE SURE YOU CHOCK WHEN YOU ARE AT THE DOCK OR YOU WILL BE AN EX DUIE DRIVER.

learn to operate a fork lift and yes you will be slip seating equipment is ok all have radios and cruise but are slow and old. but mainly be prepared to work the dock before you go out or while waiting at a terminal or when you arrive at your destination if you are needed. I was a swap driver which is almost like linehaul but I saw the line haul drivers have to go if their assigned tractor was out . You may like the job I didnt so I moved on. I saw a driver get fired for not pulling down a dock door so be careful and follow all the rules and MAKE SURE YOU CHOCK WHEN YOU ARE AT THE DOCK OR YOU WILL BE AN EX DUIE DRIVER.
That's my o'l buddy he speaks the truth!!

That's my o'l buddy he speaks the truth!!
you do have to work the dock if you are waiting for your load, but you do get paid hourly for L/H where most companies pay by the mile.If your truck is out on the road and you are ready to go then you take what is avaiable. They will not sit you so you can wait for your tractor. As for the chock, that is policy through out the company. It is taught during orientation and no exceptions to the policy. All companies have their rules to follow.

HEY HEADCOVER, if you do remember THAT guy who was fired for not pulling down the dock door, was reinstated everyone complained and said it was to harsh of a penalty. Although he was suspended for a little while. Look the DONT want to fire anybody, THEY REALLy just want to make it a safe place to work, so everyone can go home to thier famalies at the end of the day. I have been there almost 2 yrs and i like the place and they also pay well. AND the good part is THEY ARE STILL GROWING you tell me what company is in this day or age

You guys have lunch breaks there?
I've never seen a Pyle driver eating lunch.Do you get in trouble for stopping?
Just curious.

You guys have lunch breaks there?
I've never seen a Pyle driver eating lunch.Do you get in trouble for stopping?
Just curious.
Why would you even care if an individual wanted to work thru his or hers lunch break? up untill a week ago if you worked thru they would pay you for it.. But since they take an half hour then I will take my lunch!! \

if you are told to work through lunch, your dispatcher will pay you for it. Some guys choose to take it at the end of the day, their choice.