the Grinch has stolen christmas

localdriver

TB Regular
Credits
The Grinch has stollen christmas for many employees and their familys. The corporate broom has made an un-timely apperance durring the holidays. Many employess were shown the door yesterday, this lay off could be system wide, and may effect up to 150 office support workers.
2127101678qf0.jpg

I think I speak for most of the drivers and dock workers in saying our thoughts are with you and your family's durring the holidays, and we hope your new year will be a better for all.
It's evident that the corporate broom shows no feelings at christmas for it's loyal employees.

Localdriver said:
It's evident that the corporate broom shows no feelings at christmas for it's loyal employees.

....Because the same folks who are in management doing what they can to keep the machine turning take such joy in this....

So easy to cast the stones. This sucks, there's no 2 ways about it.

I think it would totally suck to be the one to drop the ax on these guys, but I also think that there was absolutely no reason to do it right before Xmas.
It should have been decided to do the layoffs AFTER Xmas.
Sometimes it's better to do what's right instead of what's financially responsible.
I think we could survive another month with these people on the payroll.
This was VERY poor judgment on management's part.
This is the kind of thing that really makes you scratch your head and ask how much they really care about their employees.:BS:
Another classic case of:
HeadUpAss.gif

This is unbelievable. It has hit J3 also. I'm not sure if they were the only ones but one of the night time office girls has been shown the door. It's bad, But she's young, and I dont think she was married or had any children. The one thats really hard to believe is one of the load planners. I'm sure he has family. And had been with the company for 15+ years. He recently transferred from J1. So I guess he lost his seniority by doing so. I also heard that one of the layoffs at J1 was a former Facility Director. I know him, and he was a very sharp person. This just SUCKS!!!.

The bottom line on the Company is there is no more Company. We are all just Numbers and thats all. With this new Phone system and gps and all the tracking systems the company is putting into place I'll be leaving my phone in the truck and the end of the day. If I were a Dispatcher I'd be getting my Resume up Dated. You may not be needed Soon.

I am sure that at the top Dave G. and Tim C. are going to be happy with thier X-mas bonus they will get from Sun cap i hpoe they enjoy thier holidays

Yup they sit there and take glee in this suffering. Truth is he saved your and my butts. Something no one will ever realize but it's the truth. Look around us in this cesspool that is LTL. Public firms who were trading in the $40's less than a year ago down to the teens now.

People complain about us not being the company we used to be. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Is mgmnt the only owner of keeping things the way they were? At what point is it the coach or the players? Or is it both? Do each of us take personal responsibility for pulling their weight? Or is it easier to blame someone else, or is it easier for "them" to take care of?

Jevic has been the victim of Harry, Yellow, and SCS in that order. In the last 10 years we've been nothing but s@#t on by the market. Yet we stand. Not only stand but we are finally poised for greatness.

Losing a job sucks. It's happened 3 x's with me. Holmes shutdown in 1989, economic layoff at RDWY in 1993, and Preston shutdown in 1999. I know the pain. I know I refuse to be part of a shutdown again.

These a the hard things companies go through to survive and flourish.

spreading the word!

It's good to see that our fellow employees are reading the fourm's, we need to get more people involved, keep on spreading the word guy's, this is really the only way we can comunicate with each other between facilities.

I just got my new shuttle truck K.A. really knows how to speck a truck. They have the 400commings in them. It uses 20 gal more fuel on a trip from j1 to Toledo OH an back to j1 an 10 mph slower on the hills. Does not have a hand spike We had a hard time sliding the trl wheels the other night. Ya cheeper really makes our job easer.

At J1 We lost a few people,, osd person, rates and audit, x-facility manager, support personnel at the window, I'm sure I missed a few.

you know what gabby we {drivers} have been telling mngt for some time now how we can help to make it better but you know what it goes right in one ear out the other nobody wants to listen to constructive cridasism all they tell us is get in your truck and do your job they will do the rest so i ask you this if THEY DON'T CARE HOW CAN WE!!! when the office people come up with an idea the are afraid that thier job will be next in line to be CHOPPED so have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I also understand the new trucks are designed for bio-disel, where is there bio diesel in delanco???? yeah I herd they had smaller engines from one of the mechanics
your suppose to look pretty not faster don't you know???

Stop the rumors

Who started the 150 workers laid off rumor - I asked an OM and he told me the total was like 25 compnay wide. Anybody read the papers around here - I do every day - and I just saw Citibank lay off 4300 people - every day there are huge layoffs all around the country. Stick with facks - not things u overherd.
any one ever hear of a ressession? truckings been in it for over a year.
You want to blame a "them"? Look to DC and vote the bums out. I think Dave G is doing what he can to fix the crap that I've heard about that SCST stuck it to us. :nutkick:

Well SafteyKing I wish they would give us some fact's don't you? If you see D.G. or the hatchet man T.C. why dont you ask them for us, and you can put some truthfull news out!!
however beware of number 2, he is not driver freindly, he will entice you with smiles and charm as looks down on you in his bad sport coat.
The only management that seem's to have any interest in becomming involved in this fourm is gabbydad. and I give him alot of credit for comming on here, He takes alot of crap on here, but at least gives little something to go on. As far as Dave G. goes, I do like dave,if it was not for him we would not be here.
I may not agree with everything he does
but he does beleave in his company and his employees. those 25 that were laid off is that a confirmed number? or a rumor number
like we heard? please confirm!!

Fax - Facks - Facts!

Well - Mother - THanks for pointing out that i type faster than I think! And also for confirming my much lower number - now I will step up to the plate...Last I heard it was 26. So my "facks" were wrong to!:poster_oops: