Yellow | The happiest place on earth been hit hard !

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
You see it's not only us !

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- Disney World has not been the happiest place on Earth for employees this year.
Imagine one day receiving recognition for decades of service from your employer only to be laid off the next day. That is what happened to one Walt Disney Parks and Resorts employee who asked not be identified.

Disney has eliminated 1,900 U.S.-based positions since mid-February. Some 900 salaried employees working at Disney's theme parks in Florida were laid off, and 700 open positions were eliminated, said communications Vice President Mike Griffin. In California, 200 workers were laid off and 100 open positions were cut.

Disneyland in California and Disney World are having their behind-the-scenes operations combined in a restructuring, said Griffin. Disney officials say theme parks, the Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club and off-property resorts have seen some people with decades of experience laid off during the restructuring.

The former employee let go after decades of service is still hoping to return once the economy improves. Several other employees said they did not want speak to CNN in fear of jeopardizing the generous severance packages offered by Disney.

Employees let go will receive pay for 60 days; extended medical coverage; and severance packages that vary according to their years of service, said a Disney source. Disney's Griffin said: "These decisions were not made lightly, but are essential to maintaining our leadership in family tourism and reflect today's economic realities."

Central Florida's unemployment rate is 9.7 percent -- a 33-year high, according to the area's job service agency, Workforce Central Florida. The rate is more than double from the same time a year ago.

You can read the whole article here Fewer Disney employees whistle while they work - CNN.com

I left there in 2007 and at the time if you couldnt find a job there was something wrong with you.

Came back from vacationing there 3 weeks ago and picked up the Orlando Sentinal for $hits and giggles and I believe there were maybe 3 or 4 driving jobs advertised (OTR of course)

Does anyone know what scuba divers do for Disney? I would love to s cuba dive for a living. I was reading the descriptions for various teamster jobs and saw they employ them.

Does anyone know what scuba divers do for Disney? I would love to s cuba dive for a living. I was reading the descriptions for various teamster jobs and saw they employ them.

I believe they need them for all the tanks at Epcot. Feeding, maintenance, cleaning, and there are a few tourist packages that allow you to dive in the tanks with the fish.

I don't know man. I seen you swimming in the southern modified thread and it looked like you was the only one without teeth!!! Just funnin. Happy Easter all. :wavey:

They were coming at me from all sides. Oh well. Having a good day with my family. Ate some ham, talked, playing with my son. He's has a pirate ship and he talks like a pirate. Pretty funny.