Yellow | The information age

LEHIGH vALLEY

TB Veteran
Credits
I have sat back and said nothing about the new Contract for the simple reason I'll wait until I see something in writing from the Local. (Barn meeting or such)
Having said that, I want both the Union AND the Company to understand something. We live in the information age. It is so easy to comunicate with each other is kinda scary.
Both parties need to understand that, (Pardon me for this Jeff, I'm trying to prove a point here) Your not going to cut a wet fart somewhere without us (Meaning everyone) knowing about it!

Cell Phones & Computers! Wonderful things! They bring a kind of transparency to everything!
Now the down side to this free exchange of information is that sometimes half truths come out, Sometimes only half of the story comes out and everyone reacts to it!

Information is going to leak out no matter how hard the International or the Company tries to stop it! So my suggestion to both parties is to move fully into this new age!
Stop trying to control when and how information the membership needs to know about comes out. That is why 90% of the post on T- boards is against the new Contract.
I understand there are People who come on this site who would be against their own stay of exacution, (It takes all kinds I guess) But there are other People who are not getting the whole story who listen to all the negitive things posted.
To everyone I say chill out! wait until your Local presents the WHOLE contract then decide!
To the Union & The Company I say quit stalling and post the whole contract online so everyone can read it and decide what they want to do, WITHOUT ANY ONES ELSES POINT OF VIEW TO DISTRACT THEM!

And of course they will be honest and up front with you. They will tell you everything that is in the proposal, explain how it will be put to use and how it will affect you. Put all of your faith into them as they have your best interests in mind.

I have sat back and said nothing about the new Contract for the simple reason I'll wait until I see something in writing from the Local. (Barn meeting or such)
Having said that, I want both the Union AND the Company to understand something. We live in the information age. It is so easy to comunicate with each other is kinda scary.
Both parties need to understand that, (Pardon me for this Jeff, I'm trying to prove a point here) Your not going to cut a wet fart somewhere without us (Meaning everyone) knowing about it!

Cell Phones & Computers! Wonderful things! They bring a kind of transparency to everything!
Now the down side to this free exchange of information is that sometimes half truths come out, Sometimes only half of the story comes out and everyone reacts to it!

Information is going to leak out no matter how hard the International or the Company tries to stop it! So my suggestion to both parties is to move fully into this new age!
Stop trying to control when and how information the membership needs to know about comes out. That is why 90% of the post on T- boards is against the new Contract.
I understand there are People who come on this site who would be against their own stay of exacution, (It takes all kinds I guess) But there are other People who are not getting the whole story who listen to all the negitive things posted.
To everyone I say chill out! wait until your Local presents the WHOLE contract then decide!
To the Union & The Company I say quit stalling and post the whole contract online so everyone can read it and decide what they want to do, WITHOUT ANY ONES ELSES POINT OF VIEW TO DISTRACT THEM!

I am glad you brought this up.
We will have to revisit this post, after, the contract is published officially, just to see, how much was rumor, and, how much was fact.

I think we will all learn something very valuable for the future.

And of course they will be honest and up front with you. They will tell you everything that is in the proposal, explain how it will be put to use and how it will affect you. Put all of your faith into them as they have your best interests in mind.

Why would they not be honest after the Contract is posted online?
How would they worm their way out of it?
Facts are facts! No matter how someone tries to distort them. And with tdu and the like looking over their shoulder they would think twice before they try to blow smoke, After the Contract is out.

Why would they not be honest after the Contract is posted online?
How would they worm their way out of it?
Facts are facts! No matter how someone tries to distort them. And with tdu and the like looking over their shoulder they would think twice before they try to blow smoke, After the Contract is out.
I agree with that but there is one big problem. That is that many will not read it for themselves and understand what is in it. They will rely on their 'leaders' to do that for them. As we have seen in previous MOU's things show up that many were not aware of. You cannot rely on them to give you all the details.

only contract they ever honored was the one with india for the billing,
mou said billing back to US they said they couldn't because they had a contract lol

I am glad you brought this up.
We will have to revisit this post, after, the contract is published officially, just to see, how much was rumor, and, how much was fact.

I think we will all learn something very valuable for the future.

The information posted here was dead on. Will it end up on the final proposal? Maybe, maybe not. Some people get and share more information than others, because they REFUSE to sit on the sidelines and DEMAND to be informed. I encourage everyone to do this, it just takes a little stick.

It's for the better of ALL.

The information posted here was dead on. Will it end up on the final proposal? Maybe, maybe not. Some people get and share more information than others, because they REFUSE to sit on the sidelines and DEMAND to be informed. I encourage everyone to do this, it just takes a little stick.

It's for the better of ALL.

But was it ALL the information? What else is there? Good or bad.

I agree with that but there is one big problem. That is that many will not read it for themselves and understand what is in it. They will rely on their 'leaders' to do that for them. As we have seen in previous MOU's things show up that many were not aware of. You cannot rely on them to give you all the details.

And they are usually the one who cry the most!
Educate yourself's people! It's only your future we're talking about!

will vote on what is presented, but the endless dramas of yrc aggravate a bad circumstance.
ditto on changes of ops, information is scant until the last minute.
uncertainty is the only reliable certainty of yrc.

Or they will rely on what they read here.

but was it all the information? What else is there? Good or bad.

loss of health & welfare unless working a full 40 hours & no overtime after 8 hours ......my question is simply what else would you need to hear or learn that could make you consider any offer with these two points leading the new contract ????

I will know more before the 6th. When I get the go-ahead on posting the information, I will. People have to understand, if sensitive information is shared and you're TOLD, not to leak it, you don't. Period.

American Born, Teamster Sworn.

I will know more before the 6th. When I get the go-ahead on posting the information, I will. People have to understand, if sensitive information is shared and you're TOLD, not to leak it, you don't. Period.

American Born, Teamster Sworn.

I hope so Lager....that way, when everyone can see the truth...they will wear out their 2-Man Representatives' phones out calling them BEFORE the meeting and telling them to turn it down this crap or else!

That is why they do not like social media....it involves the members into the mix with their representatives...damn, what a concept!.....KK

I hope so Lager....that way, when everyone can see the truth...they will wear out their 2-Man Representatives' phones out calling them BEFORE the meeting and telling them to turn it down this crap or else!

That is why they do not like social media....it involves the members into the mix with their representatives...damn, what a concept!.....KK
Sorta like a Congressman hearing from da folks back home Eh? What a pain to have to listen to those who sign my paycheck!

Now that the proposal is out I wanted to revisit this.
Rumor vs. Fact.
We heard (hoped for) 7% back did not happen.
We heard O/T after 40, did not happen. I believe, in part, because of the feedback here on truckingboards.

Purchased transportation...I would say was true.

Signing bonus....not mentioned by anyone that I can remember?

Absentee issue being dealt with I would say was true.

Anyone else?
I think we could learn a lot here.