Holland | The ink is not even dry !!!

When I worked at a nonunion barn the hostler would spot the dolly and you would hook your set before each trip. Both trailers were usually loaded at the dock. No biggee.

The terms started on the first day of the first pay period after ratification.

"10. Effective Dates; Relation to Collective Bargaining Agreement. This Restructuring Plan will be mandatory for all employees, since job security is the number one asset the Employer, the Union and the employees all hope to share equally. This Restructuring Plan will be submitted for secret ballot vote of all bargaining unit employees, and shall be put into effect if 50% plus one of the bargaining unit employees voting, vote to adopt the Restructuring Plan. The Restructuring Plan will be effective on the first day of the first payroll period commencing after the date of ratification of the Restructuring Plan (the “Effective Date”). This Restructuring Plan terminates on March 31, 2015. This Restructuring Plan is incorporated by reference into and shall be a part of the NMFA."

Last edited by a moderator:
KK, maybe you can clarrify this. How is it stated in the MOU about this new thing with dropping trailers? I have no problem doing what I am supposed to do, I just want to know exactly what that is. I was under the impression that it was just at the last stop of your shift, before you leave to go home or to hotel. Drop your trailer where they tell you, then you are done. But Monday night, Chicago(Holland), had drivers, when they first came in to start, fuel their truck, then hook their trailer and pull it around. And thru out the night, all drivers that came thru, did their own switch. And in the morning, everyone dropped their trailer before going to bed. (All while the yard guys sat in the break room all nite and did nothing). So what is it exactly? I havent seen it posted formally at any terminal.

The biggest problem here is that the language is not the least bit clear. The practice started in Boston on tuesday and I have grieved it to get some clarification. If you read it it really is not thye least bit clear. All this after just securing the work with firm language when this contract went into effect.

The biggest problem here is that the language is not the least bit clear. The practice started in Boston on tuesday and I have grieved it to get some clarification. If you read it it really is not thye least bit clear. All this after just securing the work with firm language when this contract went into effect.

I agree 100% it is not the least bit clear. for example are they allowed to hook at the beginning of their shift, while makeing a drop and hook during the shift, or at the end of their shift put their trailer to a door? Or all 3!! Also what is considered a End Of The Line Terminal. I would say this would differ bfrom Holland and New Penn and the way YRC is set up.

Don't blame me, I voted NO! I'll just do what they tell me the majority agreed to. Don't get mad at me. I would recommend staying out of my way while i'm doing it though. I may be just a little out of practice.

Give Barney Frank a call. He's the one that wrote it.

I almost just fell out of my chair because I was laughing so hard! Don't all you yes guys think you should have gotten all the clarification before you voted yes. Now most of the yard guys can take a nice dock job. But then again, you had to vote for it to see whats in it. Sorry, but you were warned. PS: If anyone wonders why I despise the onion so much, we had a yrc guy(laidoff) that just wanted to take a loa to work at another yrc company and the pos ba told him he can't use it for that or any driving job. Thats the kind of stupid thats ruined the onion. What a joke. Hes worth every penny of that $112,000 salary and massive benefits and pension package, and fancy $35,000 car, and huge expense account, and etc, etc, etc!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was told by TM in TO that the new work rules were put on hold starting next week due to a couple of greivances filed already. Told this at about 930 this am. Maybe KK can confirm this today. BA said that Holland was already pushing the envolope.