Reddaway | THE LAST 2 BIG BOYS…

DouchBag

TB Lurker
Credits
If you think Reddaway is a nonunion company you’ve been mislead. All of Washington State terminals are Union. All of Oregon state are Union terminals. Most of So. Cal., Vegas, Boise are Union. SLC and DENVER are the last 2 big terminals to turn. People please realize YELLOW will make us or force us lol to become a complete Union company or you can LEAVE…These are the 2 choices you have. Sign your ******* CARDS to have a chance.

One more thing I don’t get. Why don’t you understand you’ve been lied too. YRC companies 30,000 plus employees with probably something like 29,000 UNION employees. Reddaway at maybe 3,000 total employees and maybe 1,000 employees that aren’t Unionized just say close the doors ? Why would Reddaway with probably 1000 nonunion employees ever prevail over Yellow. YOU’VE BEEN MISLED…

From the words your using in your post you are getting solid info straight from the double headed horsey’s mouth. And Yes Reddaway has been a majority union company since the the 1980,s . Currently they are approx 75-80% union.

If you think Reddaway is a nonunion company you’ve been mislead. All of Washington State terminals are Union. All of Oregon state are Union terminals. Most of So. Cal., Vegas, Boise are Union. SLC and DENVER are the last 2 big terminals to turn. People please realize YELLOW will make us or force us lol to become a complete Union company or you can LEAVE…These are the 2 choices you have. Sign your ******* CARDS to have a chance.
This is news to me, and I ought to know since I helped negotiate five labor agreements for the Unions concerning Reddaway. When I retired in 2016, Washington Non Union terminals were:
Bellingham, Tacoma, Yakima, Spokane, Wenatchee and Pasco.
In Oregon, Bend, Hermiston, La Grande were still non Union. Unless something major happened in the last five years I don't know about, I question Reddaway or YRC would allow such sweeping changes.

This is news to me, and I ought to know since I helped negotiate five labor agreements for the Unions concerning Reddaway. When I retired in 2016, Washington Non Union terminals were:
Bellingham, Tacoma, Yakima, Spokane, Wenatchee and Pasco.
In Oregon, Bend, Hermiston, La Grande were still non Union. Unless something major happened in the last five years I don't know about, I question Reddaway or YRC would allow such sweeping changes.
There is no Hermiston terminal anymore. I think Bend just barely went. La Grande is like 3-4 guys total and that’s counting Joe the line guy. Spokane went Union like 3-5 years ago. Those others I’m not really sure just going off a Missoula guys word. Lol YRC would allow these sweeping changes lol what does that even mean. YRC has been hands off Reddaway for a very long time now. REDDAWAY’s been YRC’s little piggy bank for thats 10-15 years. Lol

From the words your using in your post you are getting solid info straight from the double headed horsey’s mouth. And Yes Reddaway has been a majority union company since the the 1980,s . Currently they are approx 75-80% union.
Idk about sense the late 80’s it’s been a majority Union company lol when I got hired on in the late 90’s Portland and I think another Washington terminal were the only Union terminals. About 10-15 years ago when this whole nightmare started a hand full of terminals went Union. Boise, Vegas, Fontana, Grand Junction. In the past 3-5 years you’ve had Spokane and possibly some other So. Cal. Terminals and or Washington terminals flip.

There is no Hermiston terminal anymore. I think Bend just barely went. La Grande is like 3-4 guys total and that’s counting Joe the line guy. Spokane went Union like 3-5 years ago. Those others I’m not really sure just going off a Missoula guys word. Lol YRC would allow these sweeping changes lol what does that even mean. YRC has been hands off Reddaway for a very long time now. REDDAWAY’s been YRC’s little piggy bank for thats 10-15 years. Lol
Thank You for the update!! Like I say, I retired in February 2016, so I've been out of the loop for a while !!

Thank You for the update!! Like I say, I retired in February 2016, so I've been out of the loop for a while !!
I’m jealous lol enjoy your retirement. The Reddaway step over a dollar to pick up a dime has gotten sooo much worse. If you say something you’re told it’s bulls*#t and to do what you’re told. It was going on 5 years ago and has only gotten worse.

Idk about sense the late 80’s it’s been a majority Union company lol when I got hired on in the late 90’s Portland and I think another Washington terminal were the only Union terminals. About 10-15 years ago when this whole nightmare started a hand full of terminals went Union. Boise, Vegas, Fontana, Grand Junction. In the past 3-5 years you’ve had Spokane and possibly some other So. Cal. Terminals and or Washington terminals flip.
My terminal (San Fernando Valley) went union only 2 or 3 years ago according to the guy that trained me. They saw what was coming down the line and got proactive

Hypothetical question is SLC organized and was recognized. What happens next ? What happens to those who refuse to sign cards ? Do those who refuse have another chance to sign and join at a later date ? Sense Utah is a right to work state what happens to their board seniority? I know they’ll keep their company seniority, but what happens to their board seniority? Thanks bud

Hypothetical question is SLC organized and was recognized. What happens next ? What happens to those who refuse to sign cards ? Do those who refuse have another chance to sign and join at a later date ? Sense Utah is a right to work state what happens to their board seniority? I know they’ll keep their company seniority, but what happens to their board seniority? Thanks bud
Those who refuse get a free ride.
They fall in line just as they are now NO change.
The beauty of right to work !

Wonder if they ever thought about working next to someone that your freeloading off of.

Wonder if they ever thought about working next to someone that your freeloading off of.
So what if no one signed and the company treated us as regular company employees. We live in a right to work state technically we could dovetail into our seniority spot ? Because we are the same company living in a right to work state?

So what if no one signed and the company treated us as regular company employees. We live in a right to work state technically we could dovetail into our seniority spot ? Because we are the same company living in a right to work state?
Better find a sleeper driver with seniority. The only place you guys are going is to the bottom of a sleeper board. Right to work has nothing to do with the seniority.

Wrong !! The Union can and will end tail them and there are many examples of it happening. Right to work has NOTHING to do with seniority. All Yellow has to provide a non union employee in a merger is A Job period. Yellow freights bid process is completely controlled by the Hall.

Now there is a chance that Yellow would petition the Teamsters to allow the dovetail to ease the transition for the unit. but it is up to the Teamsters union to do so.

Remember we are talking National Master Freight Agreement. Not some white paper piece of toilet paper. Yellow freight sold its sole 57 years ago and still to this day the NMFA is the crown jewel of Jimmy Hoffa and the Teamsters.