TForce | The mask goes back on....

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
i'm wearing my mask again. You know why? Not due to covid, but because i'm ashamed for the customer to see me.

We've pissed off TOO many customers, particularly residentials.

When you go to deliver to someone's house and you say hi and they don't say hi back and just glare at you-----you can sense that they are pissed.

We are being unethical; Using the revenue off residential customers to bolster our corporate side. And to build up our corporate agenda----to build up our business customer clientele. Meanwhile we crap on the residential customer.

This has either got to stop, or stop taking residential freight. Maybe out of the 10 or so residentials i've had in the past 2 weeks, i may have made One on time. The rest, i couldn't control due to poor managment / poor organization. And when i say late, i'm not just talking hours late, i'm talking days.

We can't go on like this.

i'm wearing my mask again. You know why? Not due to covid, but because i'm ashamed for the customer to see me.

We've pissed off TOO many customers, particularly residentials.

When you go to deliver to someone's house and you say hi and they don't say hi back and just glare at you-----you can sense that they are pissed.

We are being unethical; Using the revenue off residential customers to bolster our corporate side. And to build up our corporate agenda----to build up our business customer clientele. Meanwhile we crap on the residential customer.

This has either got to stop, or stop taking residential freight. Maybe out of the 10 or so residentials i've had in the past 2 weeks, i may have made One on time. The rest, i couldn't control due to poor managment / poor organization. And when i say late, i'm not just talking hours late, i'm talking days.

We can't go on like this.
I'm guessing the tips are down too???

I'm guessing the tips are down too???
Mmmmm......somewhat. But my new route, they don't tip as much as other routes i've had.

Well, when you're 3 days late, what incentive is there to tip.....?
Maybe you should "simp" a little more enthusiastically & set a tip jar next to your trailer on the sidewalk. :lmao:

Well I'd hope that you are making them deliveries on a stacked 53'x 102" liftgate...........the guys on here absolutely know for a fact that the top investors and company, absolutely, cannot survive without that.

Each home delivery truck requires 5,000 bill count per trip or you'll never survive.
And hurry up with them 16' 1200 lb skids for home deliveries too.
They are counting on you.

2 trailers per day would be ideal.
Preferably hooked together....or you are a whiner.
Too many guys at your terminal costs too much...you can do it all while they layoff the rest of the guys.
You can be Super Great!!!!

And when your done picking up....do you think you could strip that trailer and hook on to some Rocky Mountain doubles and take it 150 miles away.,.and strip them too....and if you have time....maybe bring a set back?
They'll let you go home and sleep a bit before they ask you to strip them and load your next city run.

Last edited:
Well I'd hope that you are making them deliveries on a stacked 53'x 102" liftgate...........the guys on here absolutely know for a fact that the top investors and company, absolutely, cannot survive without that.

Each home delivery truck requires 5,000 bill count per trip or you'll never survive.
And hurry up with them 16' 1200 lb skids for home deliveries too.
They are counting on you.

2 trailers per day would be ideal.
Preferably hooked together....or you are a whiner.
Too many guys at your terminal costs too much...you can do it all while they layoff the rest of the guys.
You can be Super Great!!!!

And when your done picking up....do you think you could strip that trailer and hook on to some Rocky Mountain doubles and take it 150 miles away.,.and strip them too....and if you have time....maybe bring a set back?
They'll let you go home and sleep a bit before they ask you to strip them and load your next city run.
This is the T force thread.... not yeller..... settle down francis....

I don't think I've ever had a happy customer on a residential. It's either late, damaged or staying on the trailer because I have no way to get it down or I can get it down, but now that customer has to start initialing accessory fees.

Smile be polite and wish them a good day, then go to the next one while you curse them out.

Make sure you're in the truck and driving when you curse them out. Do not mess up the order of this, I can't stress it enough.

Do you still do yankee candle?
i have not seen a yc shipment in months. So, it looks like we "lost" that account.

i'm glad you brought this up. i am noticing less "junk" freight. When i say "junk," i don't mean that the merchandise is junk, i mean difficult stops. Yankee cancel was like roll the heavy pallets to the customer thru those mall back hallways. THEN, you're bringing each and every box into the dam storeroom-----because most of 'em aren't touching jack. Stop would take 2-3 hours on average. Sometimes more.

i'm noticing, at least better packed rogue fitness. We still have to put the memo out to our dockers to load the HEAVY side towards the nose of the trailer-----this way we can angle it out sideways onto the liftgate. If we load heavy side towards the rear-----forget it.

More "direct" type stops, as in back up to the dock, roll it off, or they take it off. BOOM. DONE type stops.

LESS driving between stops = more productivity. Well, that's if we can manage to schedule appointments with sanity........

So, SOME things ARE changing for the better.

P.S.
If the corpos think i'm being "sexist" by saying that most yankee cancel employees aren't touching jack, i don't give a plop.

Most of the women at yankee cancel WILL NOT touch jack. But some women WILL and that's good for them.

These are facts. If you don't like it, fire me. i don't give a plop.

Maybe you should "simp" a little more enthusiastically & set a tip jar next to your trailer on the sidewalk. :lmao:

1) Don't quit your day job.

2) i will say this, i am usually without question going to help the resi customer move it in or wherever they want it, even without being asked; It's the least we can do for being so late.

Maybe you're fortunate to work at a better organized terminal, but with us a lot of the times we'll pull up to a house and the customer has their eyes burning into to you. You can almost know what they are thinking.

After i help move it, they usually lighten up.

When residential customers order something, it's because they REALLY want it and are looking forward to it. And here we are just sitting on it for days. They can track it and they know.

Would you not be pissed too?

It's the least i can do. i don't do "curbside delivery" unless the customer specifically wants it there.