Yellow | The merger begins

And what part of “partners in crime” did you not understand? That is where the “Plenty of blame to go around” would fall.
Criminals.
They made Hoffa go to jail.
They made him disappear.
Then they did whatever they wanted.
They made all the rules that Razorblade preaches 24/7.....and somehow we are expected to abide by them.
Abide by the economic rules of ****** assed gold wearing queers who never worked a day in their lives.

Somehow we are straight A students and ready for the sainthood if we do not oppose.
The sainthood of demons straight out of Hell.
Mobsters tied to the government.
Hoffa wasn't the only one.
And look what they've done to our country. Turned it to a POS.

What he is saying is simple economics. Companies that cannot compete in the marketplace must be allowed to fail. That freight hauled by Yellow will not disappear. It will still travel on trucks that require drivers in the seats, workers on the docks, mechanics in the shops and people in the offices. Companies always right size to handle the workload. Economies only grow when government gets out of the way and lets the market work.
The government bailed out General Motors and Chrysler. That was wrong. Properly managed companies would have filled the void and produced enough cars to meet demand. They would have hired enough people to meet the challenge.
Puffy doesn't give a crap about Yeller. He like you Blade just hates the Teamsters & would love to see them close so he could gloat that another union carrier closed. As you would like to see their demise so you could pat your own sad ass & say I told y'all so. :1036316054:

But they all drink the yellow kool aid! Never had to work for a living! Always had someone to wipe there a—! Or to many people on the payroll, so they could sleep for hours! Never accountable! For a days work! That’s why yellow kept buying companies ****** them and closing them!!!
I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm retired so no kool aid for me. Why you hate Yeller so much may I ask?

Blackjacks posts are normal.
It's something I've pretty much only seen in union shops.
You've seen CBL guys work 10-15 and then they close and start at bottom again at Red Star.
You see Handshakers or St J's go to Carolina to ABF.
CF guys and PIE guys and Preston guys.......constantly getting 10-20 in and then thrown back to the bottom......over and over and over again.
I've heard it from all of them.

Sick businessmen do this to people.
It's almost 20 years since Red Star went.
What's today's news? Yellow's getting ready to screw the whole country of union truckers all over again....big merges.
Big changes of Ops.
Terminals will lose work.
Some will close
Guys will lose what seniority earned them at some places.

They don't rest unless they're torturing Teamsters.
They're very sick people at the top of this game.

Last edited:
T

They ruined many companies and many life’s! The bottom feeders! A cancer of the industry! Not a freight company corporate raiders!
For the most part, I agree with you. The one thing I disagree with you on is the “cancer of the industry” part. I do believe that Zollars and company (The Yellow Big Wigs) are the cancer that created this situation, but the employees of Yellow and the employees of the companies that team Zollars bought up had nothing to do with this cancer. But they are sure paying the price for its effects. So why would you wish the demise of the Yellow companies knowing full well it would put thousands of people out of work. And before you say something like “they will find employment elsewhere”, remember this. If they wanted employment elsewhere, they would have already done so. Most of them know full well that starting over means starting at the bottom again, working nights and weekends, losing their vacation time, and probably paying at least a portion of their insurance with high deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses. Also, if Yellow and all of the companies that Zollars purchased do fail and shut the doors, then Zollars achieves what he meant to do. And thousands of Teamsters are in the unemployment line that did not choose to be.

What he is saying is simple economics. Companies that cannot compete in the marketplace must be allowed to fail. That freight hauled by Yellow will not disappear. It will still travel on trucks that require drivers in the seats, workers on the docks, mechanics in the shops and people in the offices. Companies always right size to handle the workload. Economies only grow when government gets out of the way and lets the market work.
The government bailed out General Motors and Chrysler. That was wrong. Properly managed companies would have filled the void and produced enough cars to meet demand. They would have hired enough people to meet the challenge.
Why didn't they allow the companies to fail who couldn't buy rights in regulated trucking?
Politics.
Not economics.

Imagine how much railroad engineers should make when they operate trains a mile or more long!!!
My dad was UAW. But also sometimes was a part time Teamster once in awhile for extra or during layoffs.
He told me Teamsters didn't like the railroads hauling their freight. Probably in the 70's.
Why?
Because they were concerned with their numbers and their bargaining power and their money.
Not the companies nor economics.
Nor worrying about cost to customers.

Now all we can do is worry about what they didn't worry about when they actually had real unions.