Estes | The New Log System

I think I'd be wasting my time explaining what the union has done for you,even if you've never belonged to a union, but I think it would go over your head so I won't bother.
Well I tell ya what champ, ask all those crybaby union guys what they think when they were striking against $35.20 an hr for putting a screw in a dashboard. Where’s that job now?,,,, oh yeah Mexico. Where’s that pension?,,oh yeah cuttin’ y’all back to .48 cents a mile. Shut up dude. Just shut up. I refuse to debate with ignorance. This ain’t 1972 anymore grandpa.

Last edited:
Well I tell ya what champ, ask all those crybaby union guys what they think when they were striking against $35.20 an hr for putting a screw in a dashboard. Where’s that job now?,,,, oh yeah Mexico. Where’s that pension?,,oh yeah cuttin’ y’all back to .48 cents a mile. Shut up dude. Just shut up. I refuse to debate with ignorance. This ain’t 1972 anymore grandpa.

Didn't ask for a debate, like I said it went right over your head, plus I've been drawing a pension since 1990 from the Teamsters, something you will never draw.
Just thank me for walking the picket line in the 50s and 60s so you wouldn't be working for burger flipping wages today.
You're welcome in advance.

6uBH21s.jpg

Those that start a revolution are rarely the ones that finish it. I can see where one would now be indifferent and/or apathetic towards the union. However, the only way to hold disdain for them in this such manner is to turn a blind eye to history. To ignore the hard, cold and ugly paths that the real men of times past have paved for us so we can have it as good as we do now. Though I’m not employed by a union carrier I am very thankful for unions of the past and present.

Those that start a revolution are rarely the ones that finish it. I can see where one would now be indifferent and/or apathetic towards the union. However, the only way to hold disdain for them in this such manner is to turn a blind eye to history. To ignore the hard, cold and ugly paths that the real men of times past have paved for us so we can have it as good as we do now. Though I’m not employed by a union carrier I am very thankful for unions of the past and present.

Unions have had their place in history. Helping workers years ago with workplace issues as far as safety and wages go but now there are labor laws in place for those issues. I am glad to be making .72 per mile and the union had nothing to do with that. It was done by a family that doesn’t mind to pay their drivers a fair wage. They know what we endure on a daily basis. I do not pay for insurance and such because I am retired military but I talk to many union drivers that have taken pay cuts and endure layoffs. It is all in what you believe. No way would I support a union workplace that I have to watch my back on a daily basis. The retirement system for guys now is pathetic. My 401k has grown exponentially under President Trump. I get a check from the US Army and the VA but if I didn’t I still make great money. Freight is slow and we all feel the crunch but Central try’s to spread the wealth. Union will never replace my pay and I would never want to have rely on a pension system that is controlled by investors that cannot control their spending or debt. Good luck YRC, Holland, Reddway or HNRY, whatever it is today. Sell more property because we gladly buy it and lease it back to you and use it as a write off to raise our driver pay. NO UNION EVER.