FedEx Freight | The one-time transfer rule ?

Nomad

TB Lurker
Credits
I know Freight revised their transfer rule a month or two ago, but being a National, I didn't get the details. Do you get one transfer and that's all or ? And would this transfer option for currently displaced drivers count? Thanks!

I'm a litle confused about this?.I was told by another driver who heard this from are natl. term manager( ex-freight manager) that if there is a change in operations(eol to hub,hub to eol,change of term.classification)you will get to change with the company and maintain your driver seniority.If you mean transfering to another term. i'm under the impression you can do that as many times as you want.but your going to have to get it from someone that knows more about that than i do,you will lose your seniority.

If you are displaced due to layoff or coo and you transfer to another center you have an option within 1 year to transfer back to your last terminal without loss of seniority.

Say you choose to up and move to somewhere where there is a job opening you are stuck there for six months. You loose your job seniority when you do this and will go to the bottom of the board. This is when you choose to go and are not being displaced or on layoff if you stay at current center.

If you are displaced due to layoff or coo and you transfer to another center you have an option within 1 year to transfer back to your last terminal without loss of seniority.

Say you choose to up and move to somewhere where there is a job opening you are stuck there for six months. You loose your job seniority when you do this and will go to the bottom of the board. This is when you choose to go and are not being displaced or on layoff if you stay at current center.

That is 100% spot on

But keep in mind that these and all rules are only valid at this moment. They may and have been changed on a minutes notice to suit the needs of said moment. Remember, as nothing is in print, it only takes a couple of keystrokes on the computer to make changes.

I'm i understanding this right,I can transfer back to cincy in less than a year.I had a chioce to tranfer to clm,indy or to freight in cincy.I choosed to go to indy for the quality of runs,if they add good run in cincy i can transfer back?

If this was relocating due to the "merger" and you would have been out on the street otherwise, if and when more work becomes available at your home domicile, those positions will be offered to workers displaced from that domicile. Offered in order of seniority. You get one shot to come home, if the new run at your old domicile isn't what you want and you pass, that's it. End of story. If more than one year goes by and no recall offered is tendered, that's it.
Be careful what decisions you make. If your transfer is a voluntary one, that is, if you saw something better somewhere else and volunteered to move, that is different.
Hopefully dick was helpful.

thanks dick! I'm just asking ? I'm not going to trans back,it's just good to know as much info as you can get.I'll be second guessing my choise to go to indy until I get settled up there.I;m sure greatful for this blog the information we at natl. are getting is sure making are merger a little easier to get use to freight"s ways.