Yellow | The Real Reason YRC Freight Can't Hire New Drivers?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
PXL_20210626_211726464.md.jpg
TForce Freight hiring in Richfield, Ohio...starting pay $27.00 per hour.

YRC Freight hiring city drivers...starting pay (top rate) $24.25 per hour.

confused no way GIF

:hissyfit:

Besides the pension crumbling.... Lower pay.... Equipment falling apart.... Slowest trucks.... Useless yard guy's that don't do a basic walk around the equipment..... Crappy morale and attitude of employees... Dispatchers that play favorites...

I can't think of a reason why not to work for YRC or yellow or whatever they wanna identify as next week. But if they managed to pull head from ass the next step would be vacation time for these companies because above all I hold vacation as king and lot of companies don't. OTR atmosphere companies used to encourage that you are welcome back if you quit on good terms for whatever reason so if I only wanted to work summer's and spend all winter relaxing in cancún you could.

To experienced driver's the speed we are governed at isn't there first thing you Care about pension... benefits....pay... Home time...

But to a inexperienced driver the speed of the truck is priority #1 why all the scabs turned up to 65 or more now and TMC recently just turned up to 65 because In a survey it was #1 reason people didn't choose them over others.

Open up the trucks no governor and those little bambys still wet behind the ears will look at us like the hottest piece of ass on the market

Do you seriously think that a new recruit is going to be concerned with “upcoming negotiations”? I don’t think so.
Not a greenhorn, but one with experience; possibly.
5tolls stated UPS was inhibiting Yellows ability to hire. He meant ‘package.’
If a potential hire is unaware that UPS Freight is not an American owned company and is under a contract that is set to expire in the near future, that’s ignorance.
I would expect an experienced person to do due diligence before committing.

Not a greenhorn, but one with experience; possibly.
5tolls stated UPS was inhibiting Yellows ability to hire. He meant ‘package.’
If a potential hire is unaware that UPS Freight is not an American owned company and is under a contract that is set to expire in the near future, that’s ignorance.
I would expect an experienced person to do due diligence before committing.
Your contract is up in 2024, so what’s the difference?