Yellow | The real Tyson

any1 that has his wife out here whining and bitching on his behalf not only should turn in his teamster card but his man card also.

I am in a FB group where Tyson Johnson's cell # was posted, and I decided to call him this morning just for rumor control. He was pretty put out that his personal number was posted online (and I didn't know it was personal or I wouldn't have called) Nevertheless, he was gracious enough ( albeit a little cranky) to speak with me, a YRC wife, for almost 20 minutes. Here's what I took away:

1) There will not be another vote on this issue. It cost a couple hundred thousand dollars to hold the election. The people have spoken. Don't call asking for a re-vote.
2) As of now, there is no Plan B
3) IBT hired their own expert to go through YRC's books, and they said that without this restructuring, bankruptcy is inevitable.
4) He sees bankruptcy as a strong possibility if not probability.
5) He did not negotiate with YRC because the local unions did not allow him to. They voted not to negotiate.

Now there is nothing wrong with standing on principles, my husband voted no, but this ship appears to be going down a la Hostess.

After this dinosaur draws its last breath, we are dunzo with the freight industry.

One last thing from me, not TJ- I didn't know but the stock we all got in 2011 was able to be transferred as of Oct 1 2013. Get rid of it as it is likely to ne worthless. Last week it was up to alomst $20 a share and you could have cleared $800. We sold today for $590 and had it put in an interest bearing account. Call Teamsters 401k, they are in charge of it now.

This has to be the best one yet

I am in a FB group where Tyson Johnson's cell # was posted, and I decided to call him this morning just for rumor control. He was pretty put out that his personal number was posted online (and I didn't know it was personal or I wouldn't have called) Nevertheless, he was gracious enough ( albeit a little cranky) to speak with me, a YRC wife, for almost 20 minutes. Here's what I took away:

1) There will not be another vote on this issue. It cost a couple hundred thousand dollars to hold the election. The people have spoken. Don't call asking for a re-vote.
2) As of now, there is no Plan B
3) IBT hired their own expert to go through YRC's books, and they said that without this restructuring, bankruptcy is inevitable.
4) He sees bankruptcy as a strong possibility if not probability.
5) He did not negotiate with YRC because the local unions did not allow him to. They voted not to negotiate.

Now there is nothing wrong with standing on principles, my husband voted no, but this ship appears to be going down a la Hostess.

After this dinosaur draws its last breath, we are dunzo with the freight industry.

One last thing from me, not TJ- I didn't know but the stock we all got in 2011 was able to be transferred as of Oct 1 2013. Get rid of it as it is likely to ne worthless. Last week it was up to alomst $20 a share and you could have cleared $800. We sold today for $590 and had it put in an interest bearing account. Call Teamsters 401k, they are in charge of it now.
So in anticipation of today's stock increase.......did ya sick anybody into selling cheap so ya could make out on our nerves expense? Not s part of that hedge fund that recently bought are we?

any1 that has his wife out here whining and bitching on his behalf not only should turn in his teamster card but his man card also.

That's a silly thing to say. She doesn't need to concern herself with imaginary "Man Cards." If she is his wife, she has every bit as much invested in this situation as you do. Also, where did she say her husband made her do it?

I'm glad she called. Apparently, a lot of people called and lit a fire under some lazy union heads. We learned more from Truckingboards, Kennesaw Kid and Freightmaster than from union leadership. It's almost like they thought you guys wouldn't notice that they were AWOL in most of this.

I sic'd us into selling cheap, but I wasn't hearing a lot of optimism anywhere. I wish we had sold over the summer. I'm still not sure when we actually could have sold it. Have heard differing opinions on that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I sic'd us into selling cheap, but I wasn't hearing a lot of optimism anywhere. I wish we had sold over the summer. I'm still not sure when we actually could have sold it. Have heard differing opinions on that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree with Muddle. Thanks very much for the stock info. My wife has plenty vested in this company. Solo parent teacher conferences, beautiful dinners prepared daily for my kids, laundry, chasing kids back and forth to practice, AND a regular full time job. I'll let her cash the check and blow it on whatever she wants.

That's a silly thing to say. She doesn't need to concern herself with imaginary "Man Cards." If she is his wife, she has every bit as much invested in this situation as you do. Also, where did she say her husband made her do it?

I'm glad she called. Apparently, a lot of people called and lit a fire under some lazy union heads. We learned more from Truckingboards, Kennesaw Kid and Freightmaster than from union leadership. It's almost like they thought you guys wouldn't notice that they were AWOL in most of this.

I am so glad the international put out the memo telling managers to quit having their wives call the ibt. those guys wives are THEIR problem, not mine! ha ha ha!!!

I am so glad the international put out the memo telling managers to quit having their wives call the ibt. those guys wives are THEIR problem, not mine! ha ha ha!!!

Nah, that's just the union telling some of you stubborn men that your voice sounds like a woman when you get hysterical. :)