ABF | The reason YRC is pursing ABF's asets

YRC wants the ABF brand, the network, the assets. The whole package. They could use a few decent tractors. They will even pay a premium for it. What they don't want is high labor costs They don't need surveillance cameras. They will follow you . If you fail to get out of the tractor and check before backing or fail to use wheel chocks you will be fired. If you go over 2 minutes on your break you may be disciplined. If it takes you ten minutes to get a skid off or 8 minutes to go 1 mile you will be in the office pleading your case. You will have a file full of warning letters to make sure you keep your yap shut and do your job. They will go to extremes to make your life miserable if you are a macho man

Do you think it is safe to say that the company don't want our competition to know how much profit there is with Relo, and Upacks, so they don't include it as ABF revenue, and will show up in ABC revenue.

No you would be incorrect. I've used both. The billing is by ABF. As such under SEC regulations it will be reported by ABF. It isn't necessary to identify each source of revenue.
Relo Cubes and U-Packs are services provided by ABF.

Last edited by a moderator:
No you would be incorrect. I've used both. The billing is by ABF. As such under SEC regulations it will be reported by ABF. It isn't necessary to identify each source of revenue.
Relo Cubes and U-Packs are services provided by ABF.

You are correct that Relo Cubes and U-Packs are services provided by ABF. Do you know for fact that ALL revenue goes to ABF?

You are correct that Relo Cubes and U-Packs are services provided by ABF. Do you know for fact that ALL revenue goes to ABF?

I would believe it does because I made the check payable to ABF. Eventually all revenue flows to ABC.

I would believe it does because I made the check payable to ABF. Eventually all revenue flows to ABC.

Why do you think they keep all financial records of Relo Cubes and U-Pack are not public for ABF revenue and only being shown as ABC Revenue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think they keep all financial records of Relo Cubes and U-Pack off the records for ABF revenue and only being shown as ABC Revenue?

Nobody would argue the labor and costs related to getting the relo cubes are from ABF. They may put the income generated on the other side of the ledger (non asset) but the bottom line, ABC lost 13.4 million 1q2013. Is your point that they're trying to distinguish the losses between ABC and ABF?

Nobody would argue the labor and costs related to getting the relo cubes are from ABF. They may put the income generated on the other side of the ledger (non asset) but the bottom line, ABC lost 13.4 million 1q2013. Is your point that they're trying to distinguish the losses between ABC and ABF?

Thank you nohumbleenough: that was what I was looking for. It was reported there was a meeting down in Dallas with Judy there, and someone asked about the Relo Cube, and U-Pack Revenue. She stepped in and said that she done that so the competition could not find out how much money was generated from these services... My Question now is if they can hide this from the competition, and us, then what else are we not able to see?

All due Respect nothumbleenough CONCESSIONS ARE ABOUT HOW MUCH ABF LOST NOT ABC