Yellow | The Road Shop Stewards at 653

imported_breakdown

TB Lurker
Credits
It should be said that the road stewards in Charlotte have (for the past 10 years or more) been some of the hardest working stewards for any group of drivers. They have always fought extremely hard for the drivers in Charlotte and for the past year and a half have unselfishly and tirelessly worked for all they could get for the drivers. It always seemed like they were doomed to loss after loss and then someone at the IBT listened to the members and not some desk jockey. Through hours of research and several meetings the shop stewards and the BA were able to get the gain in Charlotte from 17 to 8. They never gave up and they never laid down on the job. The drivers in Charlotte should be proud of their shop stewards and next time you see one say "THANK YOU". Although several drivers will go backwards on the seniority list at least it will be for only a count of 8. It is the first time in a long list of COO's that the numbers have been reduced and by 55%. Your shop stewards may not always win but they always fight as hard as they can for your rights.
Just my opinion and I might be a little prejudice since I used to be one of those shop stewards. I am, as of 3/20/2010, retired. But I know just how much work your shop stewards do and in their "FREE" time. They do this for the occasional Thank You.

:thumbsup: To the hard working shop stewards. That is a thankless job, and their efforts are often overlooked. Good work guys. :iamnotworthy:

Many of them truly dedicate and extend themselves for their brothers because they truly care.

:thumbsup: KUDOS to them!!!

[quote author=breakdown link=topic=78652.msg816245#msg816245 date=1269514404]
It should be said that the road stewards in Charlotte have (for the past 10 years or more) been some of the hardest working stewards for any group of drivers. They have always fought extremely hard for the drivers in Charlotte and for the past year and a half have unselfishly and tirelessly worked for all they could get for the drivers. It always seemed like they were doomed to loss after loss and then someone at the IBT listened to the members and not some desk jockey. Through hours of research and several meetings the shop stewards and the BA were able to get the gain in Charlotte from 17 to 8. They never gave up and they never laid down on the job. The drivers in Charlotte should be proud of their shop stewards and next time you see one say "THANK YOU". Although several drivers will go backwards on the seniority list at least it will be for only a count of 8. It is the first time in a long list of COO's that the numbers have been reduced and by 55%. Your shop stewards may not always win but they always fight as hard as they can for your rights.
Just my opinion and I might be a little prejudice since I used to be one of those shop stewards. I am, as of 3/20/2010, retired. But I know just how much work your shop stewards do and in their "FREE" time. They do this for the occasional Thank You.
[/quote]

Well at least we know Ted R. will fight when it's his own classification that he's fighting for..... He always wanted more and more to come on every other change, When it was dock,P&D,or yard he never really cared if the numbers were
way off. He f***ed alot of people here in Charlotte in the past.

[quote author=metalmikex link=topic=78652.msg816354#msg816354 date=1269539774]
[/quote]

Well at least we know Ted R. will fight when it's his own classification that he's fighting for..... He always wanted more and more to come on every other change, When it was dock,P&D,or yard he never really cared if the numbers were
[/quote]

Metal Mike............You could not be more wrong about Ted R..........I have been a road steward as long as Ted R has been the BA.......I can for a fact tell you he has ALWAYS worked as hard for EVERY TEAMSTER at 653!!!!!!.......If you feel slighted by him I suspect you may have had a disagreement with him in the past and maybe that what makes you think that way......NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE has argued, fussed and cussed with Ted R more than the stewards!!!!!Many times we have disagreed with him but we have ALWAYS worked out those disagreements for what turn out to be the best for the road drivers..... I can not speak of matters pertaining to Dock, City, Yard or shop.......Please check your PMs

[quote author=sundrop03 link=topic=78652.msg816364#msg816364 date=1269544493]
[quote author=metalmikex link=topic=78652.msg816354#msg816354 date=1269539774]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Metal Mike............You could not be more wrong about Ted R..........I have been a road steward as long as Ted R has been the BA.......I can for a fact tell you he has ALWAYS worked as hard for EVERY TEAMSTER at 653!!!!!!.......If you feel slighted by him I suspect you may have had a disagreement with him in the past and maybe that what makes you think that way......NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE has argued, fussed and cussed with Ted R more than the stewards!!!!!Many times we have disagreed with him but we have ALWAYS worked out those disagreements for what turn out to be the best for the road drivers..... I can not speak of matters pertaining to Dock, City, Yard or shop.......Please check your PMs
[/quote]

Like I said I'm glad to see he's fighting for someone......
You can have your opinion of him that's fine..... You said he always helped every teamster at 653, Maybe that's where the problem was, We at 681 felt different as did a majority of the guys from 671, at least the ones I know and now we are all at 653........ People who were from the old Roadway always heard he fought hard when it came to Yellow. Don't know if that's the case or not. Either way we can agree to disagree........ Maybe if I have any problems in the future I'll look you up instead..........

It is never about the Roadway/Yellow thing. It is about the YRC thing. There are no politics in management or in the union about those issues anymore. The future can only be extended by what we all have now. The competition of the two seperate companies are all as one. We are all allies for the common good as Teamsters. People have to surround themselves with more positive individuals, like myself. Can't let other negative people set bad examples for others. It destroys the mind set on focusing on a goal to achieve in life or future events.