The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

They got me on another route tomorrow and a guy that started before me on the route i thought was mine. So i called the boss after i heard it on dispatch tonite he said they are a couple of guys wanting this other route so they are swapping the new guys around to all the Birmingham routes to learn all of them.
Thats good Bubba, and its not unusual, its best to learn all of the city, you have no idea when a stop your not used to will be thrown in the mix, best to know it now, thataway you can get er done and get home to that boy of yours!! Dang its hard to believe seeing him now, knowing that when he is in high school he will be as tall as you I bet!!

Yeah we are proud of him.
Man they had me with a different guy it was alright. We only had 7 stops and 167 cases couldn't believe they had us go out with that! It rain all day. Adam said they would make it up tomorrow

Yeah we are proud of him.
Man they had me with a different guy it was alright. We only had 7 stops and 167 cases couldn't believe they had us go out with that! It rain all day. Adam said they would make it up tomorrow

We send trucks out with less then that almost daily. Granted, some of those trucks run 300-400 miles in one day(return the same day). I left on my road route one time(winter) with, wait for it...............80 cases and 3 stops. 700 miles round trip, over night.

We send trucks out with less then that almost daily. Granted, some of those trucks run 300-400 miles in one day(return the same day). I left on my road route one time(winter) with, wait for it...............80 cases and 3 stops. 700 miles round trip, over night.
Wow!! Got to get the groceries there, I have seen some shuttle yards go out with 200 something, I'm a shuttle yard driver but here in Tulsa, there is so much business we will never go out with to pud of a trailer, that monday, I got a school route and have keys to 4 of my schools, so they went ahead and ran it.

Wow!! Got to get the groceries there, I have seen some shuttle yards go out with 200 something, I'm a shuttle yard driver but here in Tulsa, there is so much business we will never go out with to pud of a trailer, that monday, I got a school route and have keys to 4 of my schools, so they went ahead and ran it.

Small compamy=small mom and pops. Not hard for some of them to have a five cases order be over are min for delivery, $300. What we lose in cases compared to the bigger guys, we make up in stops. Not unusueal to have 15-20 stops on some routes.

Thats alot of stops. I would do 15-20 stops doing LTL but foodservice i dont know. I guess its been so long since I've done a foodservice I forgot what its like. I'll find out soon. When I got to days we have at most usually 5 maybe 6 stops but average is 3-4 per truck. Alot of cases tho

Thats alot of stops. I would do 15-20 stops doing LTL but foodservice i dont know. I guess its been so long since I've done a foodservice I forgot what its like. I'll find out soon. When I got to days we have at most usually 5 maybe 6 stops but average is 3-4 per truck. Alot of cases tho
Money, just wait, get in the city with 23 stops and 1100 cases, I used to do that on tues, start at 0500 and I didn't get done till 1800, I hated that route!!!!! My most stops now...around 15, thats on my Thurs, the day I run 220 miles, thats another 12 hr day plus, no matter how hard I try! Wed is that way too, 15 stops and 900 plus cases, 12 or 13 hrs, I run to many miles to do it any quicker, friday is usually 1000 cases..more or less, but I only have7-10 stops, all my customers on fri get mad groceries!! they can only fit so much, even on a 42' trailer!

Nah thats ok. I'll probably die. you sound like you got some pretty decent routes tho. You making the same amount of money as you were on nights?

Nah thats ok. I'll probably die. you sound like you got some pretty decent routes tho. You making the same amount of money as you were on nights?
No Sir, my money sux, I picked routes that ran miles, I don't make much but I'm happy, its just me now so I gotta juggle **** around and really watch what I spend, but I love my routes, I don't do squat in Tulsa, I wanted out of town and was able to bid just that, pays less but whatcha gonna do, gotta be happy Bro!

Yeah get my first pay check tomorrow. well direct deposit. It pretty decent even for training pay. I had 16 stops, 450 cases, and 300 mi today. Wasn't bad but a long day.
Had the first one to quit today. He was there a few days before me. He called the boss and said he had enough.
Vending not for everyone! I guess I'm just Caz but I like the abuse. LOL:woohoo1:

Bubba you will watch em come and go, thats the nature of this business, Wed I went out with a 45' trailer in 2 towns and county roads that it shouldn't have been allowed, 1034 cases, 17 stops, 210 miles started at 0500 got in my car to go home @ 2000, I was pissed the whole day, well not the whole day, but alot of it, I paid 6.50 for a bottle of alieve I had such a stress headache that bottle could have cost 50 bucks and I would have paid for it.

Today was better 183 miles, 764 cases and 11 stops, got back at 1530, had 4 stops in Tulsa on the end and sat in traffic for who knows how long. Done now though and its the weekend, thank God!!!

Shew is it Friday yet? Man it been a week and a half and still two days to go. Monday was something got done with my first stop ahead of time. Going good right. WRONG! Pull out the driveway 300 feet down the road put my right blinker on looked over. Next thing I knew a little dark color car was in the front of the truck,driver down and i was pushing her down the street. Of course she gets out crying my neck my back. I'm thinking GREAT!! The cops and fire dept. comes no one talks to me for about 15min. All it did to her car was scratch the back door and broke the bead on the rear tire. She had someone there changing the tire before I left. The only thing it did to my truck was put blue paint on my bumper. So need to say I had to take a drug test. I didn't get home to almost 20:00
Tuesday 10 stops 520cases 300miles started 3:30 got off 18:30. Man it rained on me all day I'm talking monsoon got fuss at twice for being late man it was a good day.
Today was good didn't have enough time to get my 10 hr break in so they sent my supervisor with me to drive. 10 stops 436 cases 300 miles was back at the yard at 13:30. Man he is a all star he makes it look so easy.
BUT STILL LOVE IT :bananapartyhat:

Yeah I got into a little fender bender. Well really just some scratches and a flat tire on her car. I guess it was my fault it was still dark she was in my blind spot in the front part of the truck.I moved over and she was there. I done what the cop said a PIT maneuver which you cant do in Birmingham he said. LOL She didn't have insurance. Other than that everything is great.Haven't heard anything else about it.
Sorry i haven't got back sooner just been so busy going in at 0300 and getting home anywhere from 1600 to 1900. Wears you out. I'm getting faster though. I'm not going to be just balls to the wall all the time that just not me. I like a steady pace. Usually I don't stop till I get done and I don't talk to much to the customer I like to stay busy. The slowest part is all the digging. I do have a few stops that get a over a 100 pieces at a time. So when I'm digging for their stuff I try to sort out the other stops which helps a lot.
Man got the first check from the route Friday it almost 2k with taxes out a little over 1600. I can dig that! Thats twice as much as i was making at FedEx.
My computer has been messing up a lot lately guess what I getting for CHRISTmas. Thanks Lord for the blessing for the job and thanks everyone on TB for y'all help! Peace Out!!

Sounds to me like your figuring it out! won't be long before you'll be getting back @ 1500 instead of 1800, it will just happen at some point.

Thats the one thing I never liked about PFG, seems like its the same across the system, loading without ryme of reason, I dig some at Sysco but not like I did @ PFG, you will get used to it though, I did, once you learn what each loader does and how they load up your pallet, you'll know where to start the digging process.

Yeah I'm getting the hang of it. Today was the longest day of the week. 13 stops 571 cases 288 mi. Started at 3:30 and got back at 16:30. Yes they do load crazy. The manifest is all screw up. Like today I was working stop 3 on the dry pallet. The manifest said stops 2-4 on the back of the truck now. Got it all but 1 case of 6 10 cranberry sauce dug all the way down got the other 6 10s no cranberry. Thought to myself I bet its on the bottom of the front pallet stacked to the ceiling. I told dude it wasn't were it was suppose to be if I found it I would bring it back. Got to stop 8 and there it was on the bottom. Carried it back by I had to go back by anyways. If thats the only problem I got you wont hear nothing out of me.:6837:

Yeah I'm getting the hang of it. Today was the longest day of the week. 13 stops 571 cases 288 mi. Started at 3:30 and got back at 16:30. Yes they do load crazy. The manifest is all screw up. Like today I was working stop 3 on the dry pallet. The manifest said stops 2-4 on the back of the truck now. Got it all but 1 case of 6 10 cranberry sauce dug all the way down got the other 6 10s no cranberry. Thought to myself I bet its on the bottom of the front pallet stacked to the ceiling. I told dude it wasn't were it was suppose to be if I found it I would bring it back. Got to stop 8 and there it was on the bottom. Carried it back by I had to go back by anyways. If thats the only problem I got you wont hear nothing out of me.:6837:

And here I thought our warehouse was the only ones that did that. Must be SOP all foodservice compaines. We got 7 new guys in the warehouse(under 1 year). The past 3 months were a nightmare but amazingly food show ships started monday and the loads were close to perfect;close I said.