The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

Isn't this the time of year we won't see much of you? Those food shows keep you busy don't they?

Did. Now that they are shipped every week instead of every other week, it keeps the count down. Still very nice piece counts but not getting slammed like past years. Plus we have extra drivers this time around, so that helps.

Did. Now that they are shipped every week instead of every other week, it keeps the count down. Still very nice piece counts but not getting slammed like past years. Plus we have extra drivers this time around, so that helps.
Its nice to have extra, we are full up now, thank goodness, seems like everyone wants to work this go around, I don't see not one guy quitting anytime soon. OU 6 Texas 0

Well another great week! My take home pay was $1621. Shoot cant complain about that. Really nothing much happen this week. Proud to have this job best job I ever had. We have a couple openings I'm trying to get my buds in.
Everyone have a great weekend and lets hear a big ROLL TIDE!!. `

Sorry about the gaps in posts but they have me busy which is a good thing right! It has been rough trying to get done on time. Im not as fast as others so I run up to my 60 quick. Like today I only had little over 8 hrs to get done. I had to give my last 2 stops to another driver to make it back in time.

Sorry about the gaps in posts but they have me busy which is a good thing right! It has been rough trying to get done on time. Im not as fast as others so I run up to my 60 quick. Like today I only had little over 8 hrs to get done. I had to give my last 2 stops to another driver to make it back in time.

Speed comes with experience. The longer you do the job, the faster you will get. Never worry about how fast the other guys get done though, know your limits and work at a safe pace.

Back when i started doing groceries i wasnt fast. I got faster as i got experience. When i ran north dakota i had 9 deliveries and 2 picks and i put on 1200 miles in 2 days. I could deliver 150 cases in about 30 mins because i was always in such a hurry i look back and realize it was unsafe because i couldve gotten hurt. Better to be slower and safe then to rush and risk getting hurt.

Im glad you like your job tho. Im happy for ya bubba

Back when i started doing groceries i wasnt fast. I got faster as i got experience. When i ran north dakota i had 9 deliveries and 2 picks and i put on 1200 miles in 2 days. I could deliver 150 cases in about 30 mins because i was always in such a hurry i look back and realize it was unsafe because i couldve gotten hurt. Better to be slower and safe then to rush and risk getting hurt.

Im glad you like your job tho. Im happy for ya bubba
Thats very good advice Money, our fastest guy has hurt his lower back, he works like those groceries are on fire, we all work fast, its the nature of the biz, but I try and create a pace, never stop moving, but be safe and not do anything stupid.

Speed will come with time, but never sacrifice accuracy, customer service or safety for it. It seems however that the "rocket wheelers" set the pace for everyone or the expectations of management when in fact most have no customer skills, accurate counts, take stupid chances, and are hated by fellow venders.

It seems however that the "rocket wheelers" set the pace for everyone or the expectations of management when in fact most have no customer skills, accurate counts, take stupid chances, and are hated by fellow venders.

You just described our fastest(I said fastest, not best) driver.
1)Customer service: His customers all tell me that he is not to friendly. I have done most of his routes, they love me:)
2)Accuate count: Brings more cases back that he "forgot to deliver" then anyone other driver. Opps
3)Takes stupid chances: His tractor and trailer speaks for that.
4)Hated by fellow vendors: Have a few that want a "hit" on him:nono_h4h:

As for setting the pace, our supervisors tell every new driver, NOT TO TRY AND BE LIKE SPEEDY. This is not a race, do the job right and they are happy.

Yeah thats whats the big boss told me dont worry about the speed just the accuracy. My supervisor is fast but you can see its breaking him down.

Hey guys sorry about not posting in a while. Been so busy haven't felt like getting on. The job is going as well as expected. They keep my wagon loaded. Really the job not that bad if you didn't have the BS. Like them loading the truck wrong and routing you all messed up. I just came to the point were I just do the best I can and deal with it.

It is funny though they hired four new guys for Birmingham and one quit before he got to the truck. They have one riding with me and he is a pastor and I have to keep apologizing for my language when I get in the back digging for stuff on the bottom.

Bubba, I feel ya Brother, its real good to see ya post!!!! We are going through the same thing at Sysco, bunch of turkey's....in case the preacher is looking..:)

I had the biggest load since I been at PFG. 828 cases, 9 stops, and 280 mi. Got it done in 11.5 hrs. Its amazing how much work you can get done when the route and load is set up right.

Good deal Bubba, sure do miss your posts on here, how is your Son? I hope you and your family are doing well!!! Keep givin em heck!!

GT

Hey GT my boy is doing great. He is in basketball right now. Trying to keep him shape for football. He just hit a growth spurt and he is almost as tall as his mother and he is only 10.