The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

Well it's been a while since I posted anything. Change is a coming at our yard anyways. A new guy came in to take the open vp spot. The transportion manger quit or got fired.

I talked to my old PFG boss Phillip today, he said they got the drive cam cameras that we got, I wanted to go by and see him, I was in AR today and picked up a backhaul a stones throw from the yard, but he shuttled last night and was just waking up, I was bummed out not getting to see him.

Ya'll got those cameras yet?

I talked to my old PFG boss Phillip today, he said they got the drive cam cameras that we got, I wanted to go by and see him, I was in AR today and picked up a backhaul a stones throw from the yard, but he shuttled last night and was just waking up, I was bummed out not getting to see him.

Ya'll got those cameras yet?

No not yet. At our last drivers meeting they said it is still a year to a year a nd half out. Scanners next year. Hell they do good to keep our trucks running. The heat dont work in my truck. Its a 100mi to my first stop. Man I about froze to death.

No not yet. At our last drivers meeting they said it is still a year to a year a nd half out. Scanners next year. Hell they do good to keep our trucks running. The heat dont work in my truck. Its a 100mi to my first stop. Man I about froze to death.

Bubba, you need heat, AC you can live without, you should refuse to drive it, if they fire you, NLRB can help...I'm just sayin, no one should have to work like that!

BTW, its not a union thing, the NLRB will help, get your job back or whatever, you would be a hero for making a stand, I can't believe you don't have heat in your truck, that is not going to fly with me!

Another cold day for me. We had a shuttle driver quit last week and one quit last night. We have a route driver quitting at the end of the month. We had four shuttle drivers. The plan was to put a shuttle driver on a route to take that spot, and make the other shuttle drivers do more double turns. The thing is they get $775 a week. As I was told they were told that was for two turns a night, but if everything goes right they just do one and done. Now that plans change they were told they would get $20 extra a night to do twice the work they are used too. That comes to $175 a night but if some reason they only do one turn they would only get $100. Crazy! This new VP came from US FOODS so he is bringing change I hope its for the good.

Another cold day for me. We had a shuttle driver quit last week and one quit last night. We have a route driver quitting at the end of the month. We had four shuttle drivers. The plan was to put a shuttle driver on a route to take that spot, and make the other shuttle drivers do more double turns. The thing is they get $775 a week. As I was told they were told that was for two turns a night, but if everything goes right they just do one and done. Now that plans change they were told they would get $20 extra a night to do twice the work they are used too. That comes to $175 a night but if some reason they only do one turn they would only get $100. Crazy! This new VP came from US FOODS so he is bringing change I hope its for the good.

Wow, seriously? When I did that 3 months on shuttle I made double that, by the hour, I hope they get some delay at the warehouse! I couldn't live on that around here.

As for me and my cold truck told the boss this morning which he had to run a route today that he should trade trucks with me. He said no you got more weight on you. He said excuse me the heat getting out of my truck as he shut the door as I was putting on my coveralls. I look like the damn tali ban with my hunting hood and gloves on going down the road. Still bout froze my butt off. It is all right after I get to my first stop and get to moving around. The boss has to run shuttle next week cause one is on vacation. I ask him if they were trading my truck Sunday night when they take them up. He said the shop knew about it. I told him if they didn't he could run it. He said he could. We shall see.

As for me and my cold truck told the boss this morning which he had to run a route today that he should trade trucks with me. He said no you got more weight on you. He said excuse me the heat getting out of my truck as he shut the door as I was putting on my coveralls. I look like the damn tali ban with my hunting hood and gloves on going down the road. Still bout froze my butt off. It is all right after I get to my first stop and get to moving around. The boss has to run shuttle next week cause one is on vacation. I ask him if they were trading my truck Sunday night when they take them up. He said the shop knew about it. I told him if they didn't he could run it. He said he could. We shall see.

Your boss sounds like a douche.

Nope thats all they get. The one guy that quit last night already had another job but was going to wait till after the holidays and do things right. When they had the meeting with the VP and our supervisor and was told that the way it was going to be if they didn't like it they could leave. So he didn't like it so he left. LOL

Your boss sounds like a douche.

You got that right bro. They think thats the only job around. When I first started trying to get in to the food service biz I had a app at PFG and USFOOD. I went to the US yard and talk to some of the drivers they were likdon'tnt go to PFG. don'tont know man I get tore up some times during the day. The money is good but you work for man. I know there other places that is run better. Thats wI'm Im trying to get on at Wood Fruitticher. They make $11.25 a hour and 20 cents a case. Talked to ol boy that works there today. He said they are making all kinds of money. They just picked up 150 new stops

Well wasn't too bad of a week. Only bad part of the week was Thursday. Truck broke down before I got to my first stop. I had 800 cases 10 stops and 300 miles to do. I was in three different trucks Thursday. the clutch went out. They towed me to the Birmingham yard. I had to wait till a driver to get back and use his truck. The shop guy brought a truck down from TN. Logged out at 1830

Man what is going on! People are quiting like crazy. Already lost two shuttle drivers. One route guy quit last week. When I got to the yard this morning and a route driver came up to me and said his last day is next Monday. I know the food-service has a lot of turnover but gees. We only have 6 routes and now 2 shuttle drivers.

Man what is going on! People are quiting like crazy. Already lost two shuttle drivers. One route guy quit last week. When I got to the yard this morning and a route driver came up to me and said his last day is next Monday. I know the food-service has a lot of turnover but gees. We only have 6 routes and now 2 shuttle drivers.

I don't know Bubba, at my shuttle yard we don't have much turnover, we hired a guy that had worked for all the food companies around here, he was pissy, he quit, but everyone expected it, there is a reason he worked for everyone, he was one of those guys you can't please, other than that all the guys above me have been here 5 plus years, most of them hired within 6 months of each other, all the guys below me in seniority are here to stay, we have our issues buy its not a job that any of us are willing to quit anytime soon.

hey Bubba, i`m deciding between FedEx Freight or one of the Foodservice companies, would you give me some info about both? What about Merchants FoodService in Clanton,Al i`ve noticed nothing is said about them. Thanks!

hey Bubba, i`m deciding between FedEx Freight or one of the Foodservice companies, would you give me some info about both? What about Merchants FoodService in Clanton,Al i`ve noticed nothing is said about them. Thanks!
I still work at PFG in Alabama. I run a route out of Athens to Birmingham. Its hard work but the money is pretty good if look at the gross amount and not figure the hourly rate. Like Iaveragee $17 to $20 a hour straight time. I get paid by the mile,stop,and case.
I worked at Fed Ex Ground for few months. I didnt like it I was working for a contractor for a salary and nbenefitsts.

Merchants seems like a good company. One of our shuttle drivers went there out of Cullman. He seems to like it. All foodservice is about the same. management make the difference. I would stay away from the big companys like sysco and US Food they have cameras microirco manage. Hope this helps its hard work but it gets into your blood. You will love it or hate it.