The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

I still work at PFG in Alabama. I run a route out of Athens to Birmingham. Its hard work but the money is pretty good if look at the gross amount and not figure the hourly rate. Like Iaveragee $17 to $20 a hour straight time. I get paid by the mile,stop,and case.
I worked at Fed Ex Ground for few months. I didnt like it I was working for a contractor for a salary and nbenefitsts.

Merchants seems like a good company. One of our shuttle drivers went there out of Cullman. He seems to like it. All foodservice is about the same. management make the difference. I would stay away from the big companys like sysco and US Food they have cameras microirco manage. Hope this helps its hard work but it gets into your blood. You will love it or hate it.

Very well said Bubba! Very well said... :)

Thanks Bubba and RTR to you too.
I too work for a contractor at FXG in Madison, but its salary and no benefits.I have applied for a job at FXF and at Cintas Uniform Co. I have my CDL but no otr experience.FXF has a Driver Apprentice Program that i have applied for.
Right now i haven`t seen any FoodService delivery routes in my area that are available.

Oh so you are in my area. We were hiring for the Athens and Bham yard but they hired a couple guys. We may have one quit soon. pfgc.com is our website. They want you to have doubles now though. Bewarn you get what you pay for though LOL. Halsey is hiring I think they are behind Walmart in madison.

I live in Cullman,just off exit 310.
I have Class AM CDL with TX endoresements.(Doubles,Triples,HMT & a TWIC). Don`t know much about Halsey.

Cool they just sent a letter down saying they are looking to put on a driver in Bham since they are building up biz. I will keep you informed.

Will it be difficult to get a Delivery Driver job somewhere between Athens and Cullman?
Does PFG have a yard in Athens/Decatur? I think US Foods has one in Decatur somewhere and Sysco has theirs at the 304 Exit.
Merchants Foodservice has theirs at the 304 Exit in Good Hope.

Will it be difficult to get a Delivery Driver job somewhere between Athens and Cullman?
Does PFG have a yard in Athens/Decatur? I think US Foods has one in Decatur somewhere and Sysco has theirs at the 304 Exit.
Merchants Foodservice has theirs at the 304 Exit in Good Hope.

Merchants should be a good place to work. My buddy shuttles for them I believe they are looking for a shuttle. They moved to the 299. Go down there and talk to them. I think you will be better off there then with us or the others. Let me tell you though it's hard work no matter where you are at. Good luck if that's what you want. It's good money but you earn it.

Man it's been a fast week but I guess It's always is on vacation. Had a good week though. Mike and I went camping with the school on a field trip. We went through a cave, he done the high rope, and repealing. He had a blast. Only bad thing he twisted his ankle playing on some rocks. Now he can't play football for 7 to 10 days. He was upset about that.

Glad you had a great vacation, anytime you can spend it with your kids is a Blessing.
I seen where PFG had an opening in Athens for a delivery driver so sent i my App in this morning I`m afraid the driving experience might hurt me, but you never know.

I can`t believe it, I got a call from PFG today and they want to interview me tomorrow.He told me i would start out with training pay then would make more once i got on my own.Will meet them tomorrow in Athens,AL.
Any advice on what to look forward too in this type of business?How good of a job & company is this going to be?
(Moneyman to answer your question, i have only one month of otr driving experience, however i have 30 years of foodservice route experience with GoldenFlake 7 Little Debbie.)

Auburn good luck and I hope you get it. Personally this will get you better experience then otr. I started driving for a Foodservice company when I was 19 and I didn't go to school. I think it was best for me and now I'm going on 8 years driving with no accidents. Foodservice is good to start with but it does take a toll on your body if your not careful. When I started doing it I was always in a rush and didn't pay attention to what I was doing and now I feel it so just take your time. I might be a young pup to all these people (I'm 26 almost 27). But good luck again. Anymore questions just ask

Thanks Money, Im 51 so yea i probably have more aches and pain than you. Again i`m shocked about getting a call from PFG this soon, i sent my App in on Saturday morning, he said he was going to have HR call me tomorrow morning too.It will be 80 miles round trip from my house to the drop yard that`s alot gas in a weeks time, i would start out $650 week training pay to begin with
but i know in the long run it will be benefit me.
I`m sure i`m not the only person who has an interview for this position.

Thanks Money, Im 51 so yea i probably have more aches and pain than you. Again i`m shocked about getting a call from PFG this soon, i sent my App in on Saturday morning, he said he was going to have HR call me tomorrow morning too.It will be 80 miles round trip from my house to the drop yard that`s alot gas in a weeks time, i would start out $650 week training pay to begin with
but i know in the long run it will be benefit me.
I`m sure i`m not the only person who has an interview for this position.

Auburn, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I have to tell you, if you take this job, be prepared, it may take you a month to get hired, after all the paperwork back ground check ect., take that time to lift weights and lift hard, get the soreness out of your body, be advised, even after that you will be sore.

This is no game, its hard work, probably harder than you have ever done, just prepare yourself is all I'm saying.

I've been doing this work on and off for a long time, I went to shuttle for 3 months, I went back to delivery and it took me a solid 3 weeks of literally crawling up in the truck to get back into delivery shape, and I was used to it, but thats me, these guys will tell you honestly, this work is a beast and its not for everyone.

I wish you the greatest of luck and experience with it should you get hired, and if you do, welcome to the club, and it is a club, not everyone can pack the gear it takes to do foodservice.

GT

Yes it's hard work. This the yard I work at. Wish you all the luck. It may be closer to the Bham yard. That might be were they put you.

GT is right it takes a certain individual to do this. I don't have the gear to do this do I GT? Lol.

You pack more than the gear my good Friend, you have proved that, I sure don't want to see a good friend like you all busted up when you get my age, like I am, I know you don't want that either.