Estes | The start of a New Year

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
Just a note to say hoping this finds all you drivers had a Merry Christmas and going to have a good New Year. I think,or I hope guys , we have been through the worst.The speculators say we have only seen the tip of the iceberg. I hope they are wrong. But, we will still hold our heads up and find a way. Estes, no matter what people say, is still the best company I've EVER worked for. In my short 9 years at Estes, I've seen a lot of things happen, but we've always made it. I hope Rob and Jr. knows that we are behind them. We may not always agree, but thats the way families are. Well guys, may God bless all of you and your families and keep you safe.:1036316054:

Thanks R.Man and I agree 100%. I've got alot of faith that Rob and the guys at the big house are making good decisions.

I've been thinking about what my New Years resolution is gonna be and I think that I'm gonna stop driving so crazy when I get my Mustang out...:1036316054:.
DriveSafe1.jpg

get yourself a driving award that way

I think estes will be ok. If the guys that are not working as much can hold on. my T.M, says the next couple of weeks will be rough. [slow]. I hope he is wrong also. we as a company seem to just chug right along. doing what we do. I hope it can stay that way. Anyway I hope every driver makes more money than they know what to do with in '09 :1036316054:

You guys are City Drivers or have a regular run on Linehaul/Hub, cause alot of us got screwed, and the No Seniority is killin me right now.
Got to sit home last week while a guy that is only here for 6 months got to go out and get 500 miles.
Gee I like to spend my time with the Wife and Kids but gotta make money to.
What this company has done to us extra boarders in the last month has killed me.
Well anyway everybody have a Happy New Year, I'm gonna turn some Christmas gifts in for cash just to have some extra cash layin around.
Gotta let all those guys that just got hired in the last year have all the work.
But thats alright I've only been here for 6 years and it is worse then when I first started here.
I try to think positive most of the time but this really does suck, but hey I've been thinkin alot lately it might just be the perfect time to get away from truck driving, and try something else.

You guys are City Drivers or have a regular run on Linehaul/Hub, cause alot of us got screwed, and the No Seniority is killin me right now.
Got to sit home last week while a guy that is only here for 6 months got to go out and get 500 miles.
Gee I like to spend my time with the Wife and Kids but gotta make money to.
What this company has done to us extra boarders in the last month has killed me.
Well anyway everybody have a Happy New Year, I'm gonna turn some Christmas gifts in for cash just to have some extra cash layin around.
Gotta let all those guys that just got hired in the last year have all the work.
But thats alright I've only been here for 6 years and it is worse then when I first started here.
I try to think positive most of the time but this really does suck, but hey I've been thinkin alot lately it might just be the perfect time to get away from truck driving, and try something else.

my guy works in the same state you do - he sat home all week too but it was due to weather. we heard nobody was working, nothing was moving and the yard was a mess due to ice and storms in other states. your sarcasm leads on that you're not thinking positive. attitude is everything. don't worry, this is a good company, things will be ok. hope you enjoyed the time w/ family and that we all have a happy new year.

Everybody is taking a hit on miles, not just extraboard. I have a regular run and got cancelled 3 days in a row. By the way if you have more seniority than someone with only 6 months then you made that choice to go extraboard.I'm not busting on you but there are no guarantees for mileage on the board.We aren't guaranteed any with a bid either.Like I said above,got cancelled Christmas week, no miles. It's rough on all.

Driving without seniority in this economy

while i don't have an inside track on what is happening in the company, it seems that they are keeping as many people as they can so when it does get busy, estes will be able to hit the ground running instead of having to go back and rehire people again. i read in Kiplinger's that when the trucking industry picks up it will happen suddenly - and you all will have more work than you'll know what to do with.

while i respect the time anyone puts into a company in an economy like this we're all going to find ourselves working different jobs, shifts and be put into different circumstances. professionally, if you're up to the task, it's a good thing because you'll grow from this experience. i'm writing this because my guy does not have the seniority that many speak of, but like many, we have a family, bills, medical and family to care for. we do appreciate any opportunity Estes gives him to work - any time, any place....

amen, with a bad attitude it seems it speads like a wild fire, with a good attitude and other people hear you it seems they get a good one too

Yes that is so true..:1036316054:

All drivers are taking cuts right now, some more than others, bottom line is when there is less frieght to move then there is less movement for drivers. Richmond can't just move drivers around in circles empty just to keep hrs. or miles up to what they were before.

Estes has survived many slow downs, the last bad one was late '70's early '80's with double digit unemployment and they will survive this one I'm confident.

Like I saw beerboy say on another post that old big E just keeps chuggin along, and that's the truth I've seen it myself.

well thats why big bad rock star rob said if you have the time or can take the time off please do so, so someone else can run your frieght.
if we all take a little less then some won't loose it all [i will copy right that]

be safe fellas

I did'nt pick to go EXTRA BOARD, we lost runs, green board, can't bid on HUB, etc. so kind of got moved back into where I started when I came here.

But with this new thing as you get in your first to go out thing has lost me just about 1300 miles so far in 2 weeks, because Seniority does not seem to matter.
Also seems the old buddy system is still working for some.
It's all in who ya know I guess.

Now I know I sound negative, but hey I have for the most part loved working here for the time I have been here up until the last month where they seem to be just changing things by the week, month whatever.
Basically it has cost me time with the family, and some kind of schedule where I can plan things with them and others.

I guess my point is most other companies go by Seniority why cant the BIG E.
6 years ago I expected hard times, I did'nt expect it now when they give the guy with 6 months a load that I would get if Seniority mattered.