Yellow | The Teamsters Will Allow "Restructuring Plan" To Pass

Barney

TB Lurker
Credits
I Voted NO I'm Done With This Raggity Company

Thats my attitude, thanks to Yellow. Yellow sucked 11 years out of my life at 3 terminals. Gimme CF back and I'm there, but thats not gonna happen. I
moved on. Best thing I've ever done.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how much this is voted down. The Teamsters will come up with something to save their cash cow. Imagine losing your 6 figure income from union dues? It's about time they feel the pinch we've felt for years.

If you do not like this company and do not like working for this company, please resign and let the other employees that want a job take your place. The union will still make their six figure salary. There are over a million teamsters. YRCW has 20,000 - 40,000 teamsters. That is 2%-4% of all Teamsters. It is your right to vote the way you want. You don't have to blame everybody else. There is no conspiracy. The union or company cannot change the vote. An outside government agency counts the vote.

i voted no....absolutely no credibility anymore.they will string this thing out to eternity.oct1 showed me what they thought of our stock options gift...exactly.its just a proposal.the company can ask for the moon and stars.but they wont get it

If you do not like this company and do not like working for this company, please resign and let the other employees that want a job take your place. The union will still make their six figure salary. There are over a million teamsters. YRCW has 20,000 - 40,000 teamsters. That is 2%-4% of all Teamsters. It is your right to vote the way you want. You don't have to blame everybody else. There is no conspiracy. The union or company cannot change the vote. An outside government agency counts the vote.

So tired of people posting "if you don't like the situation just quit". If we don't like the situation we have the right to vote as we see fit. That is a major part of being a teamster. I guess this kind of comment comes from people who enjoy the benefits but don't understand where they came from.

Too much invested to leave, will wait it out with MY NO VOTE, must say I'm very impressed with you logic though, still wouldn't resign , but I would suggest to any of us that requests that a opposing vote resign to kiss off. Good-Luck to you. PS it use to be 70 thousand of us, do you see the pattern to where this is going?

Interesting that as people post about wage concession etc we see advertisements for Freight shipping made easy. Free freight quotes on LTL, Truckload, International and Air Freight Rates - Freightquote.com. on truckingboards.com These types of logistics companies have sucked the life out of the trucking companies that actually have trucks, drivers etc.

amen. 3pl and freight brokers are the cancer in our business. ch robinson is another. makes me want to puke. offering less than 80cents/mile for truckload, and a less than a hundred bucks a skid for ltl east-west.

driverbob

I have to agree with you as its been a year now for me over here in Iraq and can't see this outfit keeping good managers and the only management left,nobody else would hire.20 years shot to hell and now the teamsters are gonna gain seats on the board.They've done a great job in there own right at restoring profitability.lol

If the Union can not change the vote. Please tell me why Two friends of mine who quit 5 years ago and have union with draw cards got a ballot to vote. They threw the ballots away so i guess it is a yes vote right. I wonder how many others got ballots to vote and they will be yes votes also this will pass. Just protecting there 6 figure income.

So tired of people posting "if you don't like the situation just quit". If we don't like the situation we have the right to vote as we see fit. That is a major part of being a teamster. I guess this kind of comment comes from people who enjoy the benefits but don't understand where they came from.

Excellent post............

If the Union can not change the vote. Please tell me why Two friends of mine who quit 5 years ago and have union with draw cards got a ballot to vote. They threw the ballots away so i guess it is a yes vote right. I wonder how many others got ballots to vote and they will be yes votes also this will pass. Just protecting there 6 figure income.

If a ballot is not turned in it can not be counted!!!!!

With a no vote ALL they fought for is gone!! never to be recouped. They all fought and died for nothing (94 was a cakewalk of a strike) now let's end the origin of the TEAMSTERS by voting no, what a bunch of quitters!

i voted no....absolutely no credibility anymore.they will string this thing out to eternity.oct1 showed me what they thought of our stock options gift...exactly.its just a proposal.the company can ask for the moon and stars.but they wont get it

all u big r guy now that this have come down it just show u guy what big r care about u guy big (r) plan this 15 year or long that was reason for not buy no equipment or invest n no technolog. All this going on now was plan . To kick the union out. N they are doing a very good job . Get real guys the unoin are on last leg. N the u.s.a. Look uaw. Roadway took the money n ran good lucky i am going to fedex.

I hear just about every one of the "YES" voters telling the "NO" voters to quit..... Since the "NO" voters are willing to take a stand with this company to try and keep the Union alive in the freight business, and they know this deal will kill the Union as we know it! Why don't all the "YES" voters quit and goto a non union company. That way they wont have to vote on giving away all the security the Union has fought for so many years to get for us.. They just wont have any! and since there willing to work in those conditions anyway with a "YES" vote.. they should fit right in!

they did it because they knew that everyone that is not working for YRC now and has a pension, or the prospects of getting a pension, will vote Yes so that the poor slobs that are left will be working for sub-standard wages and benefits, with no security, and no hope of ever having there pension increase.. or if there new guys, of ever having a pension at all. to keep working, and keep the pension funded for there monthly check.. they figure that even at 25% they will be dead and gone before the pension totally runs out of money! The Union is betting that those who are not working will stab the working man in the back to keep his pension!

Hello Falcon missed you, what do you think of this Yankee, boot, 707, chris, leg, guy, makes you feel real proud to be a teamster. Only kidding seems like some wuss, that never had to stand up for anything other then a

I have received my ballot with all of the proposals in the envelope. Ok now the one that is folded in to three... marked Teamsters National Freight negotiating Committee.

On page 5 under concessions sought by YRCW... I see... unlimited use of purchase transport on the road. Wow!!! this gives them a open door to do away with line haul.... look out the shiny wheels could be rolling in to a terminal near you.

Also I see...All laid off and employees on LOA recognized as part- timers only;

All part time, non CDL dock and yard employees paid $14.00, office$12.00with benefits on an hourly basis and can be forced back to back shifts.

Does everyone understand if you are laid off you are now considered a part timer and will make $14.00 dollars an hour minus the %15

I cannot find a link to this flyer that was put in my envelope with my ballot... if anyone can help... Thanks.