The truth and nothing but the truth

The real problem as I said is men have no brains, if you did you would use the internet to research what the unions have been doing to the industry and real peoples lives and that they don't give a da** about you, except filling there pockets with your hard earned money. How do you think they are able to afford the fancy expensive suits and fancy cars. Oh thats right your a male and you don't have brain. Dah

And last but not least, if you had such a good experience work for a union company the tell why your not still working for them!!!!!!! And let me answer that because there probably because there not in busness ant more, and why is that, it's because of the unions. Read read read and then use what little brain power and try to understand what your getting yourself into.

truckerswife101: I respect your opinion, but is this your experience? I on the other hand have nothing but good to say about joining the union. My family has been in the teamsters and pipefitters. Both retired with a nice pension, and my Mother has his pension and full benefits. Are they miracle workers? No....but they are so much better then the situation we are in with NCT.

truckerswife101: I'm sorry you feel men don't have a brain worth speaking of but history tells us MEN built this industry. Do you actually think New Century CARES about what YOU WANT? They could care less whether you work there or not. To them you're just a body to fill a seat. They could let you go at any time, unless of course you're one of those " pets" that do whatever they ask regardless of the circumstances. If you look at my post with the money breakdowns I think even a woman can see you get the better end of the stick in the end. That figure you mentioned which was 1800 a week is actually quite small compared to what you would be making if you figure in YOUR salary plus your health and welfare package given to you thanks to the union. You can't use the unemployment excuse for anything until it actually occurs so that's a dead issue. You can say that New Century can change the way they compensate you in the form of increased health care costs, reduced wages,and the like because right now that's what they can do. And if the end result of those actions you can't make ends meet, you may want to consider looking for a part time job to make up the difference. No Protection Means No Guarantees!!

truckerswife101: I'm sorry you feel men don't have a brain worth speaking of but history tells us MEN built this industry. Do you actually think New Century CARES about what YOU WANT? They could care less whether you work there or not. To them you're just a body to fill a seat. They could let you go at any time, unless of course you're one of those " pets" that do whatever they ask regardless of the circumstances. If you look at my post with the money breakdowns I think even a woman can see you get the better end of the stick in the end. That figure you mentioned which was 1800 a week is actually quite small compared to what you would be making if you figure in YOUR salary plus your health and welfare package given to you thanks to the union. You can't use the unemployment excuse for anything until it actually occurs so that's a dead issue. You can say that New Century can change the way they compensate you in the form of increased health care costs, reduced wages,and the like because right now that's what they can do. And if the end result of those actions you can't make ends meet, you may want to consider looking for a part time job to make up the difference. No Protection Means No Guarantees!!

Let's not get into degrading the opposite sex, ok? I hope we can all be above that here.

A company is not all powerful, it can't just do things on a whim. There are labor laws in place, things that are meant to protect the worker from the "big bad business". No one that works in this country is really alone, government, for what it's worth, is there too. http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/lawsprog.htm
So the argument of no protection isn't nearly what you're making it out to be.

Richard Beers, I was just replying to the regrading nature of her response. My guess is she wears the pants. And your correct there are labor laws in place but they actually lean more towards the employer than the employee. I spoke to a person in that field just by chance at a dinner and he told me that because there is no representation by the employees from an outside source basically the employee can dictate their own set of rules. Sad but true. They can take anything they want, force us to incur out of pocket expenses at any time, reduce your hourly rate theoretically down to $10 an hour, or worse yet pay you a daily flat rate regardless of hours worked and you have to live with it.

Super Cooper...I think you a little underage to be on here...think with the right head on here because there are women on here too.