TForce | The vote is over, Collateral Damage will be a Lasting

FRTCHUCKER

TB Regular
Credits
I hate to Rain on the Yes voters parade But here goes. The Bottom 5 on all Boards at larger terminals will not be called back anytime soon and the 5 above them will not work until after thanksgiving. This will leave terminals that had a hell of a time getting CDL qualified drivers in worse shape than before the vote. Casuals will never comeback to UPSF after this nonsense. Drivers with any shred of Pride will be hired before the Call back takes place. UPSF will once again shrink in market share. The company will more than likely impose a small increase in rates to take customers freight back into the system and that will cause a correction in shipping that will likely cause a ripple in the current LTL Market place. The Effects of what UPSF did to its own business and employees will be long and painful

I hate to Rain on the Yes voters parade But here goes. The Bottom 5 on all Boards at larger terminals will not be called back anytime soon and the 5 above them will not work until after thanksgiving. This will leave terminals that had a hell of a time getting CDL qualified drivers in worse shape than before the vote. Casuals will never comeback to UPSF after this nonsense. Drivers with any shred of Pride will be hired before the Call back takes place. UPSF will once again shrink in market share. The company will more than likely impose a small increase in rates to take customers freight back into the system and that will cause a correction in shipping that will likely cause a ripple in the current LTL Market place. The Effects of what UPSF did to its own business and employees will be long and painful
After listening to Mr. Taylor read his talking points that UPSF allowed him to read I have to agree with you. He actually told members to apply at other Teamster terminals i.e. ABF, YRC etc. He also said to start filing for unemployment and to get your future information from social media Now that's ( leadership ) at its finest. I wonder if anyone can figure out why these instructions were not given prior to the LBFO vote? ( lol )

Probably a 10 to 20 percent loss of business at our location. But demand is pretty high right now. So maybe it won't be long term.

Hate to burst your guys bubble, all other ltl companies slow now too,, there won’t be a long line of customers begging for your trucks.

After listening to Mr. Taylor read his talking points that UPSF allowed him to read I have to agree with you. He actually told members to apply at other Teamster terminals i.e. ABF, YRC etc. He also said to start filing for unemployment and to get your future information from social media Now that's ( leadership ) at its finest. I wonder if anyone can figure out why these instructions were not given prior to the LBFO vote? ( lol )
This was the plan to help ABF and YRC get more drivers plus they couldn't raise wages to high because of YRC contract coming up

UPS made a sucessful statement to the union.
Don't fk with the company if you want your job.
Union should be voted out... puppets of mgmt no leadership.

UPS made a sucessful statement to the union.
Don't fk with the company if you want your job.
Union should be voted out... puppets of mgmt no leadership.
Your an idiot....small package is union, they just make to much money where voter turnout was low....

Your an idiot....small package is union, they just make to much money where voter turnout was low....
If they pulled the same shut down at parcel everyone would ::shit:: their pants, show and vote for whatever to get their paychecks back.

This sets a precedent.
Any company facing union threat, shut down for a week.
Employees will freak and accept whatever the company wants.

If they pulled the same shut down at parcel everyone would :::shit::: their pants, show and vote for whatever to get their paychecks back.

This sets a precedent.
Although, not many companies can afford to do what UPS has just pulled off...…..Unprecedented!

If they pulled the same shut down at parcel everyone would :::shit::: their pants, show and vote for whatever to get their paychecks back.

This sets a precedent.
Parcel is the golden goose, it will never happen....

What’s funny about people losing their job?
YRC just does not have the luxury to play chicken.
Trailers and tractors still not rebranded.
If seniority could be transferred elsewhere, would not be any worse going to another outfit.

YRC just does not have the luxury to play chicken.
Trailers and tractors still not rebranded.
If seniority could be transferred elsewhere, would not be any worse going to another outfit.
That’s not what I asked, what’s funny about someone losing their job?

From some of the articles I have read from UPS shareholders, they are not concerned about getting back up to full capacity with this booming economy. They will pick and choose the profitable freight to take back.