1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

The what am I doing or did today thread part 2

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by Airbrakes, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Jeff

Jeff Highly Trained Staff

Driver Since:
    I think the limit is 2mb

othertrucker2001 likes this.
  2. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Living from direct deposit to direct deposit.

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]
    My baby sitters for the day.

pro1driver likes this.
  3. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    Sitting in a recliner beach chair at Cavalier By The Sea in Kitty Hawk NC.
    Had a earlier morning splashy bit in the cool ocean and it was refreshing.
    Since then, Temps have cooled.
    CHEERS!!

pro1driver and othertrucker2001 like this.
  4. othertrucker2001

Driver Since:
    Too cold for swimming.

5. othertrucker2001

Driver Since:
    Sitting and waitin
    [​IMG]

6. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    it's in your head, that it's too cold......

lol

Cerberus_Kelpie likes this.
  7. othertrucker2001

Driver Since:
    Naw. I make sure my head don't get wet. It's the REST of my body that made that decision.

Stimpy and pro1driver like this.
  8. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    lol

9. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

But... but...but I like getting my head wet.....

Cerberus_Kelpie and pro1driver like this.
  10. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    are those jack russells?

11. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    he's talking about his head...on his shoulders......you perv.........

lol

othertrucker2001 and Stimpy like this.
  12. othertrucker2001

Driver Since:
    Nah. They are brother and sister. Mother was Shi-Zu. Father was Chihuahua. We believe there was a bad guy in the woodpile, because the female is taller than the male. The female was the runt, and is now taller than all the others.

13. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    oh...so they are either....shi-ahua's...or zu-chi's.......got it....still cute pups.

if it weren't for allergies, i'd have a small dog and a cat...

or maybe a ca-og...or a do-at.........

14. othertrucker2001

Driver Since:
    Hahahahaahha...yep. One day she is....One day he is....then another day they fight like they were each other. BUT! They're some happy dogs. And Thanks .

Cerberus_Kelpie and pro1driver like this.
  15. Cerberus_Kelpie

Driver Since:
    Interesting combination.
    Hopefully either one doesn't challenge a German Shepard like our all shaky Chihuahua did in the 70's.
    The Shepard simply peed on it's head and Gillette* was no help.
    *commercial in the 70's about "the wet head is dead".

16. Cerberus_Kelpie

Driver Since:
    Correct. It WAS too cold for swimming but not for a little splashy-splashy in the waves.
    The ONLY morning that week when it was 65+.

othertrucker2001 likes this.
  17. Cerberus_Kelpie

Driver Since:
    Sure pro, like you're a virgin.

Stimpy and pro1driver like this.
  18. Cerberus_Kelpie

Driver Since:
    Other than annoying/pestering a couple of folks here at T.B., I'm also pondering the WHAT? and WHY? of this ill prepared Hiker:
    http://livetrucking.com/missing-tru...hrough-wilderness-from-stuck-rig-to-hometown/

The part I find regarding the WHAT?:
    The ordeal began on Tuesday, April 24th when Cartwright accidentally entered the incorrect address into his GPS, which directed him to take a turn off Interstate 84 near Pendleton. Cartwright soon realized that he went to reenter the address correctly, which led the GPS to direct Cartwright onto a US Forest Service Road. The Forest Service Road then eventually transitioned from a paved roadway to an impassable, dirt one, where Cartwright and his rig became stuck.

The WHY?:
    Stuck on a remote roadway with little to no cell phone service, Cartwright says that, after a while, he locked up his stuck rig and started walking.

Klik the link. The story gets better.

19. Cerberus_Kelpie

Driver Since:
    Recovering from 2 days in a Penske Freightliner Auto-Shift 12 speed governed at 65, with lane wander alarm, collision avoidance alarm, NO POWER (mash throttle=go nowhere), pulling a 45' or 48' tandem flatbed (on what seemed to be a Container Frame).

Gave a go Thursday (started at 05:00) at 8 deliveries in and near Charlotte, NC. Completed 4 due to (not my fault) accident at a Home Depot store in Pineville. I was helping another Driver back his 53' Dry Van into a door aisle on my right (he was at a bad angle due to not much set up room because Home Depot like Lowe's use set up room for storage of materials) when he hit some metal (a 3' wide "storage area" along the OPEN side against the sloped ramp entrance to ship/receive). He then got a bit frustrated and grabbed a gear and his I.C.C. Bar snatched the Bull Bar shearing the supports from the front of the truck I was driving. --since I was NOT IN THE TRUCK when it happened, I was not listed on the Accident Report (which took over 1 hour to complete after the officer appeared which took 20 minutes from Call to Cop)--
    That set the tone for the rest of the day. That was a 14.5 hour ON DUTY day as I listed it on me Paper Log with NO d. o. t. break.
    - - - -
    Friday was supposed to be a "easy day".......it was worse.
    Arrived to the yard 06:45 and returned to yard at 21:00.
    First Problem: Left Rear Outside Tire FLAT. Trailer loaded with FLAT Tire (shows what type people they are).
    Aired up to 100.
    Left Front Inside Tire 65psi. Aired to 100.
    All seemed good (except for the worn out, ripped up piece of blue tarp covering pallets that were shrink wrapped) and I commenced forward to 3 stops in Virginia: 2 in Christiansburg, fuel in Salem (only close Penske location I-81, ex 141 then Rt 419 South to Midland Rd at 7th traffic Light. Left, 300 yards on Right.) Final Stop was Floyd Rt 794 off Rt 8 a few miles before Rt 221.

Tire deflated quickly and I stopped at Brintle's Truck Stop/Flying J, Mt. Airy, NC. (exit 101 I-77). Called Ops Manager and he told me to call Penske Hotline. 2 hours later I had new Rubber. (Brintle's has their own well supplied 2 bay shop).
    Off to Christiansburg to Chandler Concrete. Took 1.5 hours to deliver load since it was scattered so had to remove ALL STRAPS (normal Flatbed work). Tossed the crap Tarp because ops "manager" stated they were going to toss it, so problem solved.

2nd stop about 4 miles away, 84 Lumber on Rt. 460 Business.
    Fuel level at 1/4.
    Took over 1 hour there because of incompetence of their staff: playing on phones.

Went to Salem, VA. for Fuel. Arrived 15:45 left 16:15 because all Penske locations are sloooooowwwwww.

Was told by 3 Local Folk at Penske that I did NOT want to run Rt. 221 to Floyd because of tight turns.
    Ops "manager" told me "WE always take 221, no problems. If you take I-81 you're taking longer to get there". I went back to I-81 south (the SAFE WAY=NO EXPERIMENTS) to exit 114. Left to Floyd 18 miles out, then Left on Rt. 794 (short loop road).
    Arrived 17:15 and was calmly thanked for delivery. Departed at 18:00.
    3 young men at that site told me as well that Rt. 221 was NOT for Trucks (other than Straight trucks). 6 People against 1 equaled I-81. That's probably what irritated the ops "manager" to not alert me that Yard Gate closes at or before 21:00.
    Stopped at Camp Hill (I-81, exit 24) for some Caffeine at 19:00 for 15 minute Break.

>>Note: NOWHERE did I list that pointless d.o.t. break because one never occurred<<

In N.C., grabbed exit to Rt.66 from Rt. 52 (Kings Mtn) left exit to Walnut Cove to Rt. 158 to Stokesdale base.
    Arrived at yard at 21:00 to discover Gate LOCKED. Called ops "manager", left detailed message, thanked him for "opportunity". Received NO call or text so Deleted contact. Cleared my stuff out (trash stayed on passenger side), put out 2 cones, 1 each, front and back of combo, locked paperwork and key in cab, split that scene. 14.25 hours ON DUTY.
    - - - -
    Sounds fun yes? If so, Go SIGN UP at TransForce in Greensboro and specify Penske Prime in Stokesdale.
    Just another miserable 2 days as a Trucker at a company that, for various reasons, has problems retaining Drivers.
    - - - -
    Finally fell asleep around 03:30.
    CHEERS!!

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Big Dave likes this.
  20. othertrucker2001

Driver Since: