R&L | The Yellow Trucks?

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
Just curious.. I saw a bunch of yellow trucks that looked like Penske leased trucks but had R&L lettering. Are those leased or were they purchased from Penske?? Must have seen 10 of them the other night.

I see you guy's are once again blowing by my lean mean Con-way line haulin machine. I was giving you a run for your money recently.

Just curious.. I saw a bunch of yellow trucks that looked like Penske leased trucks but had R&L lettering. Are those leased or were they purchased from Penske?? Must have seen 10 of them the other night.

I see you guy's are once again blowing by my lean mean Con-way line haulin machine. I was giving you a run for your money recently.

They are used trucks from Penske that R&L is buying..

Apparently, the trucks in 2010 will be more expensive because of the new emission standards, and from what I heard, R&L expects them to be "LESS" fuel effiecent than than the trucks we are driving now.

Just a money saving thing..

They are used trucks from Penske that R&L is buying..

Apparently, the trucks in 2010 will be more expensive because of the new emission standards, and from what I heard, R&L expects them to be "LESS" fuel effiecent than than the trucks we are driving now.

Just a money saving thing..

That makes sense. Was just curious. Thanks for the reply.

pensketruckth3.jpg

sorry! didn't think you would be so sensitive? just having a little fun,,,,

Penske will not strip any equipment out of trucks to sell them. They never have and will only modify a truck at customers request.

Even then, we won't modify a truck we're selling. The end user can do whatever they like but we will not make any changes to a truck from OEM spec because that makes us liable for any problems down the road (I realize in this case it's just a radio). If we were asked to take radios out of trucks we would charge the buyer market labor rates to do it. All shop hours have to be accounted for and used radios are of no use to a branch. They would be trashed.

The internal "Penske Spec" is typically an oversized engine derated. When customers buy them they often "turn them loose" and have a very strong tractor with great engine life still left in it.

Got one in Vegas

They got a sleeper the other day. Not sure where it is going. I know it's not staying in Vegas. The white tractor's we have in are yard all but one is staying. The next set of them are going to Portland.