Yellow | Their/they're/there

Disgruntled

TB Regular
Credits
Many people are so spooked by apostrophes that a word like “they’re” seems to them as if it might mean almost anything. In fact, it’s always a contraction of “they are.” If you’ve written “they’re,” ask yourself whether you can substitute “they are.” If not, you’ve made a mistake. “Their” is a possessive pronoun like “her” or “our” “They eat their hotdogs with sauerkraut.”

Everything else is “there.” “There goes the ball, out of the park! See it? Right there! There aren’t very many home runs like that.” “Thier” is a common misspelling, but you can avoid it by remembering that “they” and “their” begin with the same three letters. Another hint: “there” has “here” buried inside it to remind you it refers to place, while “their” has “heir” buried in it to remind you that it has to do with possession.

Thank You, carry on.

Well now Disgruntled, I know why you want the company to go down so bad. You have an urge to be a school teacher and you do not have the balls to quit and do it. So if it is all over with YRC, you will have the chance to tell your wife what you want to do and go do it. She will be so proud of you, hey maybe she can do it also, as she lost her hundred grand job, as you stated in another post. Good luck, just do not kill the kids when you do not like what they say to you.

Many people are so spooked by apostrophes that a word like “they’re” seems to them as if it might mean almost anything. In fact, it’s always a contraction of “they are.” If you’ve written “they’re,” ask yourself whether you can substitute “they are.” If not, you’ve made a mistake. “Their” is a possessive pronoun like “her” or “our” “They eat their hotdogs with sauerkraut.”

Everything else is “there.” “There goes the ball, out of the park! See it? Right there! There aren’t very many home runs like that.” “Thier” is a common misspelling, but you can avoid it by remembering that “they” and “their” begin with the same three letters. Another hint: “there” has “here” buried inside it to remind you it refers to place, while “their” has “heir” buried in it to remind you that it has to do with possession.

Thank You, carry on.

c'mon man work thou self thru the spelling and grammar checks..you know what they mean

most of the time​

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. It does not matter if they are on the Left Coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. It does not matter if they are on the Left Coast.

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion.
It doesn't matter if they're on the Left Coast, which for me,
is over there and not over here.........:6788:

I hate the Then/Than confusion.
I even saw it used incorrectly in a company memo, in big block letters, posted on a customers bulletin board.
Here is the difference.
"Then" refers to a time, such as "Things were good back then" or "I am going to the store then I am going home"
"Than" compares things, such as "My truck is bigger than yours." or "I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye than vote yes for this proposal"

So now someone will point out about 20 things I did wrong in this post but that's my pet peeve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same way. If you post something, take some effort and try to use good grammar. That way when the company spies are reading it, they won't be commenting on how stupid we are to vote YES on such rubbish, and that we learned nothing in 6th grade.