Estes | Them red rims

BossHog

TB Lurker
Credits
while talking to an con-way driver as we where fueling he had a new Frieghtshacker with them shinny alum rims as we where talking he said con-way is ordering alum rims from here on out he said they have seen a savings over the life of the rim from painting the steel rims the craking etc. and on top of that they dont look half bad.
Just woundering if ol Rob estes is seeing that fact.

or would that just be a pipe dream at the big E

If your rims are cracking,pull into a shop and get the replaced...They can't refuse..If they do call the safety man on duty..You can find out by calling breakdown...

As far as the shinny wheels,not a chance...

my guess his he was refering to the paint not the rim itself...don't see them replacing rims for cracking paint.

Just about all the new trucks of every make are ugly, cheap, plastic monstrosities so who cares what the wheels look like.

Maybe i wasnt clear I meant all thier new trucks from here on out will have alum rims he stated.
they are not going to replace current steel rims just phasing them out...

That it's cheaper than painting them over time after tire changes
they are found to have less stress cracking not cracked paint cracked steel
less weight etc..
those where the selling points for them.

I was just wondering if the big E Looked into this it sounded like thee
way he was talking they did some kind of study on the rims along with super singles and thier savings

I can here Mr.Robey(Big Daddy) now.."I don't think the color or kind of rim has anything to do with the customer getting his freight"....LOL...

Safety first. DOT certified red wheels and school bus yellow. I'm thinking about painting the letters on my tires yellow. Trying to get some fresh Goodyears so I can look like I'm going fast.