R&L CARRIERS These New Tablets

Discussion in 'R&L Carriers' started by nobodysboy, Oct 15, 2019.

1. nobodysboy

nobodysboy here to inform not to conform.

Has the whole company gone to the new Samsung tablet? Apparently this latest installed update has crashed the system.. it's been a nightmare since I let my tablet install the update. MDT hotline says problem is company wide. It's made something that was simple.....a mess. Hopefully they get it fixed....soon.

2. shadowr434

shadowr434 Super Moderator Staff Member

No issues with mine.

3. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Disgruntled

Biggest gripe I got is the time it takes for the screen to unlock. I ain’t waitin for that mess at every stop, especially if it’s a place I’m gittin right in and out of. The arrive and depart crap can wait til I leave.

crb and nobodysboy like this.
  4. Youngblood1

Youngblood1 New Member

Driver Since:
    I think it is funny that I can accept a pickup while driving down the road but I have to wait for the screen to unlock to hit the arrive button.

shadowr434 and nobodysboy like this.
  5. nobodysboy

So everyone has a tablet. Good to know it's not just in Dfw

6. nobodysboy

Don't forget not to depart before the 2 minute warning

7. nobodysboy

I had no problems at all until I let it I install the update. Obviously they stopped it before everyone lost control. It's painful knowing these IT morons can't uninstall this update and look for another fix. It's obvious they don't care. It tells you to rescan EVERY DOCUMENT. EVERY TIME. Mdt hotline is useless.

Ted Decker trk likes this.
  8. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Disgruntled

[​IMG]

Big Dave likes this.
  9. shadowr434

2 minute warning?

10. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Disgruntled

He’s talkin about that 2 minute report crap. Apparently one of the crystal palace’s 10 bazillion “reports” that appear all over the the place includes drivers arrivin and departin a place inside of 2 minutes. I think the primary targets of that is the ones waitin til the end of the day to do all that and scan their bills.

nobodysboy and shadowr434 like this.
  11. nobodysboy

Whatever the reason yes....you aren't supposed to depart within 2 minutes of arrival.

shadowr434 likes this.
  12. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Disgruntled

If somebody’s offended over takin less than 2 minnits to drop off a 20 lb cardboard tube, than “somebody” can kiss my ass.

13. shadowr434

Agreed, If I set up a stop on the tail, even a pallet, and the customer is right there ready to go when I get there, I can easily get the stop done in under 2 minutes, especially if the customer opens the door and starts b4 I get out due to waiting on the MDT to unlock. LOL

alj96z and Big Dave like this.
  14. alj96z

alj96z NorthSouthCarolina

That lock is so annoying. Or sometimes you go to scan a bill and that circle will keep spinning and you have to restart it. Then you get a warning for unassigned time because the truck moved with the MDT off.

15. Ted Decker trk

Ted Decker trk When things are FUBAR, FIDO!

Driver Since:
    1987 (legally)
    November 1 and the tablets still suck. Mine keeps saying app isn't responding them it reboots. Annoying now that it's getting dark earlier when it does it at night. Be motoring along by the glow of the dash lights headed to the yard and WHAM tablet reboots and floods cab with bright white light. Even with brightness turned down it is very bright when it first reboots . It's to the point I pull it out of the cradle and turn it upside down somewhere.

16. shadowr434

Oh, don't even get me started on the messaging on the tablets. Dispatch sends a message that you cant read and cant hear due to the sound being crap on the tablets, even with the volume all the way up. So, then you either wait till you get where your going and hope its not too important or you have to pull over to see what it said. Very irritating.

17. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Disgruntled

Well, I found a way to deal with the screen lock problem. Feels like I can actually be productive again. :15:

shadowr434 likes this.
  18. Inside scoop

Inside scoop Member

Please share

19. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Disgruntled

With you??? :lmao:

Yeah, ok. :6837:

Good job insultin my intelligence.

shadowr434 likes this.
  20. shadowr434

I think I found a work around on the :shit:ty volume issue on the tablets. I found a exterior speaker on Amazon that plugs right into the 3.5 jack on the side. Should make hearing it easier. Ill keep ya'all posted.

Ted Decker trk and Big Dave like this.