FedEx Freight | They've started re-stickering trls already

Yeah, they told us new trailers they will be getting in for National, they will just brand them Freight. No reason to mark them National for 3 months just to change them. I havent' seen any of the old trailers branded Freight...yet. Only new pups.

i ve wondered how they will do the equipment. will they keep the best of both and get rid of some the worst from both. will freight have some trucks with stripes on them?

Not to mention that when we freight guys start pulling national trailers, we may forget to put the nose bar down after unhooking them......that will be pretty.

I saw a brand new trl with a nose stand bar on it. we are not going back to those I hope

They told us any pup that was a National had to have a dropped nose stand at the dock.

What the hell is the difference from our stuff that has had the nose stand removed ?

To the best of my knowledge, all the new pups National has been buying since 2007 have been without the nose stand. This would be all trailers starting with 18---, 19---,20---,21---,22---. The only exception I've seen to this are on some of the older 18--- series trailers that were redone and re numbered. I've been on disability for awhile this year from an operation, but that's the way it was when I last worked.

When they rebrand the National trailers they should add a W in front of the trailer number in memory of Watkins.

W17518
P17518

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I can't wait to hear freight guys ***** when they start loading old natl 53's for the city, it was bad enough when they rented 53's for swap outs..lol.
I was gonna get a pic but, they didn't call me tonight..lol

Back when Fedex bought Watkins, and they took a buttload of good volvos, and left us with the hot boxes, now we will get back the volvos, now that their worn out.....yay! BTW, I heard that a driver pulled a natl pup the other day, and his key wouldnt fit the lock!!!! It looked exactly like the master locks we have......he goes all the way back to the yard, only to have a sup come out and "lend" him the right key.......now thats productive!! So watch out, dont take that peddle run with a natl trailer unless you check the lock first......or...... you can get to you first stop, and call in.....my key doesnt fit, what about this GAMD? that delivers in 30 minutes...ha ha ha ha ....
And, Im not scared of 53'.....drag 'em.......just another day......

Back when Fedex bought Watkins, and they took a buttload of good volvos, and left us with the hot boxes, now we will get back the volvos, now that their worn out.....yay! BTW, I heard that a driver pulled a natl pup the other day, and his key wouldnt fit the lock!!!! It looked exactly like the master locks we have......he goes all the way back to the yard, only to have a sup come out and "lend" him the right key.......now thats productive!! So watch out, dont take that peddle run with a natl trailer unless you check the lock first......or...... you can get to you first stop, and call in.....my key doesnt fit, what about this GAMD? that delivers in 30 minutes...ha ha ha ha ....
Yeah and they just put those locks on!! It's a big gold key. And Natl doesn't hand out keys, it's attached to the truck key, that gets turned in everyday.

I pulled my first resticker it looked ok. They put a 8 over the top of the fedex national number. It looked ok. I thought they would just put sticker over the national ltl but the peeled it off and stuck on a new freight sticker.

They've already put a couple of 53's in service here. Hard enough getting 48' into some of our customers. So far they've been careful to limit them to industrial parks and large customers like Lowes and WalMart.

Stupid thing is the skirts under them. Not a lot of clearance once you get off the street. Swinging around to line up with a customer's dock I had to pull up into unpaved/uneven area. Skirt was inches from ground.

What are yoy talking about. Those things where worn out when we got them. Two sets of them came into our place piggyback, and then was wreckered out to get them to run......:1904:

the trailer landing gear on national trailers set back more then on freight trailers.

And when we pull Freight's trailers with our twin screw tractors we must slide the 5th wheel all the way back AND take off the mud flaps and hangers. If you don't, when turning tight the landing gear rips off the hangers. And yes National considers that a preventable, deserving of a write up.