FedEx Freight | Things may get spicy this peak season.

No F-bdy Bs

TB Veteran
Credits
Looking like you guys may be pulling more Ground trailers than ever,
,,, or none. This could develop into a serious issue. If customers catch wind, they'll seek other means early to avoid their products being held in purgatory by FXG.

Contractor model went from the darling, to the problem child in a short time.

Outliner thought. Amazon could absorb Ground, and it wouldn't make a blip on their expenses

Last edited:
I was adamantly against pulling for ground because of how bad it was when I did it. Today, I'd bid it. I can run a full 14 hour day if I want to or do a quick turn and go home, regardless of how they feel about it. Once you figure out how to game their system, it's not that bad and the best part is they can't do anything about it because I don't work for contractor and I have no problem taking my ball and going home.

Looking like you guys may be pulling more Ground trailers than ever,
,,, or none. This could develop into a serious issue. If customers catch wind, they'll seek other means early to avoid their products being held in purgatory by FXG.

Contractor model went from the darling, to the problem child in a short time.

Outliner thought. Amazon could absorb Ground, and it wouldn't make a blip on their expenses

lol Amazon can’t even handle their own.

lol Amazon can’t even handle their own.
FedEx net worth as of August 24, 2022 is $58.75B.

Amazon net worth as of August 22, 2022 is $1357.19B.

You haven't been paying attention.
15yrs ago, Amazon was selling books. They're 240x the size of Fx. They have the cash, liquid, and credit to do anything.

Last edited:
Amazon would be the absolute last place I want to work. If there was a Hell on Earth, its Amazon.

Now and AGAIN once in a blue moon I'll buy something from there. But that account has been so compromised its not worth the trouble anymore. So everything and anything tied to it specifically nuked. Thats that.

The company goes to so much lengths to track how long you go to the bathroom for example. They cleverly put the bathroom on the lowest floor farthest from the employees working above and on other side of building. Then dock you for taking too long away from your workstation.

Throwing away dollars while obsessing over pennies being tossed away by workers. Until the workers no longer give a tinkers damn.

When there is no trucking stupid enough to sign a contract with Amazon, they will finally be forced to buy a fleet themselves. And the money that they have on hand? Not a problem at all not even noticeable as a expense overall. Be like a front end loader digging into the side of Mt St Helens. It will take a thousand years to move it.

15yrs ago, Amazon was selling books. They're 240x the size of Fx. They have the cash, liquid, and credit to do anything.
they have been buying everything, from tech to pharmaceutical and the government who ordered much smaller companies like standard oil to break up does nothing.

You would think a company worth what Amazon is worth would be the gold standard on employee compensation, benefits and treatment.

And you would be wrong.

You would think a company worth what Amazon is worth would be the gold standard on employee compensation, benefits and treatment.

And you would be wrong.
And word is getting around. They're having to halt the opening of new dist centers due to lack of staffing.

Every company that employs blue collar workers is stuck in 1998 with wages, and benefits and it's just now starting to cause issues.

Amazon doesn’t want to,own, a trucking company. They only want contractors. They sucker many into lease purchasing tractors at some DC’s.

Like those old Progressive Shifting Seminars the company used to hold back then.

Its better all around to be in progressive shifting drivers...

Ya right buddy, fall down on your cats ass on Saluda below 1800 RPm.

If you want a tidbit of awesome. Consider this.

Wind out a old 300 NTC and get maybe 6 something miles to gallon if the wind is right. Maybe. IF you get going fast enough to make any kind of place today sometime. Late. With that little engine the blessed fuel at 90 cents is not the problem Its the ******* coolant at 10 dollars a gallon.

Fast foward about 40 years technology in trucking with a big 515 S60 Detriot and tick over at 1500 or so skosh 50 one way or the other and still get 7 something miles to gallon with a automatic. Sometimes more. But its not worth the trouble.

I had a old 425 cat the last of it's kind before the E cats showed up. If you were careful at 1800 in terms of adding fuel you could run that old thing forever on very little fuel if need be.

All you had to do is listen carefully. When she starts to be musical under that doghouse you are in the sweet spot and cannot run any better than that. Today's truck engines just whine like a abused weed eater on too much string.

Or take her to 2300 or so to do battle with old man gravity. Its something else. Even if you lifted the tonnage straight up over a hour, only 30 or so gallons is burned in that time. About a little bit similar to what you might burn doing 50 miles. So it does not matter back then in the old iron.

Its when they started slowing down the new computer engines trying to get us to shift at like 1200 to 1500 or even smaller ranges and so forth... there is no point in trying to keep a schedule anymore. Not today. Maybe tomorrow.

If you had a older V8 format mack, tuned cummins or even a fat detriot and want to play.. you sang out here kitty kitty kitty on the radio. First to the top gets dinner.