FedEx Freight | Things may get spicy this peak season.

Oh god the ******* green stamps.

If there was ever a lure to get a tightfisted parent into the grocery store long enough to buy a few things outside of budget carefully accounting for the blessed things...

In those days everything was done manually. Count them one by one individually. No computers and a bit of waiting while everyone got caught up on the latest screw up by their husbands.

Once I got old enough to understand why she is hovering over the greenstamp book counting up for a particular item, I started shoehorning a few extra goodies saying its this many stamps for this and that.

She thought I was right fine sassy for engaging in that sort of conduct to score a few things normally not given out. In a chaotic family that was very dysfunctioning and quite awful that one parent was a saving grace in my life.
My grandmother never allowed me to lick the green stamps. She always had a wet sponge I’d have to dip them in first. I am almost 64 years old and I miss my grandmother dearly

I think the Contractors are paid by contract... lets call it 1.00 a box delivered to the house or tossed onto a porch carefully.

FED ex does not have to worry about the deliveries once the contractor third party trucks are loaded and gone with the boxes. 100 boxes 100 dollars paid done. Next truck count profits on the fairly recent rate raise to paying public like me.

Since its a contract and the fuel costs have more than doubled and so on the Contractors are still paid 1.00 a box. They are losing all their money delivering these boxes per contract. If they do not contact Fed Ex Corporate Board and get a new Contract built (Tearing the old 1.00 a box example up) due to high fuel costs, high pay costs to the workers, high costs of vehicles and high costs of everything else not specifically carried by Parent Fedex...)

they will go out of business. Cease to exist. Fedex will have a distribution center of boxes piled to the rafters spilling out onto the property inside the fence undelivered. So they frantically hire new ground contractors unfamiliar with the problem at 1.00 a box.

When that supply dried up and the ground contractors showed up seeking 1.50 a box in a new contract to keep working... Fedex told them nicely to shove it. Pound sand. Obey the original contract.

At some point before winter Fedex due to their position and actions will ensure that nothing is delivered without raising rates again to keep the ground contractors going. Without ground contractors no boxes get delivered. Without anything moving the distribution system fills up and then breaks. Eventually the Public realizes that Fedex is run into the ground and cannot give a tinkers damn for deliverying anything... they hire someone else to deliver.

Fedex itself goes out of existance.

So much for their old global commerical on TV... If it absolutely positively must be there...

Make sure that Fedex is not losing money. As in actual dollars to do it.

I think the Contractors are paid by contract... lets call it 1.00 a box delivered to the house or tossed onto a porch carefully.

FED ex does not have to worry about the deliveries once the contractor third party trucks are loaded and gone with the boxes. 100 boxes 100 dollars paid done. Next truck count profits on the fairly recent rate raise to paying public like me.

Since its a contract and the fuel costs have more than doubled and so on the Contractors are still paid 1.00 a box. They are losing all their money delivering these boxes per contract. If they do not contact Fed Ex Corporate Board and get a new Contract built (Tearing the old 1.00 a box example up) due to high fuel costs, high pay costs to the workers, high costs of vehicles and high costs of everything else not specifically carried by Parent Fedex...)

they will go out of business. Cease to exist. Fedex will have a distribution center of boxes piled to the rafters spilling out onto the property inside the fence undelivered. So they frantically hire new ground contractors unfamiliar with the problem at 1.00 a box.
FedEx doesn't pay per box, they pay line haul per mile. Delivery pays per package with service bonuses. It's why it's important to avoid turnover. You need people that know what they're doing. It's why the contractor I worked for went under. People were lasting a month or less..I lasted 2.

FedEx will make sure those boxes get delivered. The contractor model isn't the end all be all. They will utilize employees from express and freight to get this done if necessary. They've done it before.

FedEx doesn't pay per box, they pay line haul per mile. Delivery pays per package with service bonuses. It's why it's important to avoid turnover. You need people that know what they're doing. It's why the contractor I worked for went under. People were lasting a month or less..I lasted 2.

FedEx will make sure those boxes get delivered. The contractor model isn't the end all be all. They will utilize employees from express and freight to get this done if necessary. They've done it before.
But what do they desire as the final iteration? That’s the million dollar question!?!

I've worked for 4 trucking companies. Big and small. As flawed as FXF can be their still the best LTL I've worked for. Hopefully we can help pick up some FXG slack and grow more as well.

But what do they desire as the final iteration? That’s the million dollar question!?!

FedEx's final iteration? No idea. It's hard to say. It used to look like contractor model, but now I think they're realizing it's easier to replace 1 employee than it is a contractor with 200 trucks. It's also becoming harder for contractors to maintain employees with UPS getting busier, trucking companies providing training and every other job providing better compensation packages. Taco Bell offers better compensation than delivering packages for FedEx ground and a lot less responsibility to the employee.

Long time buddy that works for Express at the MEMH location said Express can't staff at Memphis, and that they're diverting a ton of freight to Indy,and other hubs to avoid the Mem hub.

Wonder if/when FX as a whole will get shaken out of their stupor that started around 2010,and accept that they'll have to do better by their employees.

Every model that offers better wages and benefits shows far better workforce moral, and significantly less turnover.

You can fix the turnover with a work situation so easy that the people are bored doing it.

One employer used to cut us loose to go fishing whatever towards midafternoon if everything was done in the morning hours.

Believe me here in Arkansas, everything got done fast. Never mind the fish not biting in the heat of the day.

Actually Amazon does not want to spend a damn thing on trucks. People to drive them and fix them and fuel them and regulate the papers, tags and all that ****.

Enter the contractor from third party.
There are over 100 Amazon tractors sitting in a lot in my city. They have been there over a year. All new Volvos and Peterbilts, all CNG engines. The fleet keeps growing, but no one is driving them. I mostly see Werner and Schneider trucks pulling Amazon trailers here.

There are over 100 Amazon tractors sitting in a lot in my city. They have been there over a year. All new Volvos and Peterbilts, all CNG engines. The fleet keeps growing, but no one is driving them. I mostly see Werner and Schneider trucks pulling Amazon trailers here.
That's for when fedex sells out to them. Sorry smoke I couldn't help myself!:poke: