Yellow | This is a job killer

Kind of depends on where in the country you live, doesn't it?
Different areas of the country costs are a lot higher then others, then there is always illness that can eat up savings faster then YRC can waste money.

Vwaggs, that's an arrogant out of touch statement. Most of YRC's bottom 1/2 came from the more than 10 closed in the last 20 years companies that were Teamsters. Many of them were laid off more than they worked as they tried first one company then another to hang on. During those times bills were still due, families still grew, and there was no medical coverage. Many of those guys only made full scale pay just as they would be laid back off again. Meanwhile, we were still silly enough to believe the Teamsters when they would send us letters saying 'at this age you can retire and draew this much each month'. Silly irresponsible us......

Thats the problem your expecting somthing that is not there

Isn't that the definition of those that call it a 'give-back'? It's never been a give-back-- they never collected, gave back. Just amended the contract to work for less. Those that call it a give-back are the same ones that call paying the same rate of taxation at 11:59 on 12/31/10 'costing the government 700 Billion' when at 12:01 am 01/01/11 the tax rate stays the same.

The wages were contractually reduced, so it's an amended contract- not a giveback; However-- when the Pension collapses, the contract isn't amended-- just abandoned to the PGB, which can't handle all the payments now after bailing out GM, Chrysler, and the NEA. Same for Social Security. All Ponzi Schemes. The people that got in early collected-- the ones in late hold the bag.....

I'll be alright; I landed at a job payng better than YRC, with plenty of work. I still have at least 10 years (good health permitted) to come up with a plan to replace the Pension money. The ones caught will be the ones already retired, collecting. What happens to them? One morning they are counting on $3500, have their plans made accordingly-- suddenly they get zilch! (Depending on several factors-- the PGB amongst them)....they can't go back to work; no one would hire htem if they wanted to. What about them, all your no-voting meesters?

God bless the retirees and the pension that they are receiving. But, for anyone, retiree or not, that thinks that us working stiffs should sacrifice everything that the former Union members have fought for, are the ones being selfish. If this crap passes, we, the working stiffs will have nothing for a retirement. So go ahead and enjoy your retirement, you have all earned it, but don't expect all of us to just forfeit ours, so you can keep yours. We have dreams of a retirement also, so let us fight to keep it.

And Jimmy, with all due respect Bro, while you were working here, you would have never accepted this crap.

God bless the retirees and the pension that they are receiving. But, for anyone, retiree or not, that thinks that us working stiffs should sacrifice everything that the former Union members have fought for, are the ones being selfish. If this crap passes, we, the working stiffs will have nothing for a retirement. So go ahead and enjoy your retirement, you have all earned it, but don't expect all of us to just forfeit ours, so you can keep yours. We have dreams of a retirement also, so let us fight to keep it.

And Jimmy, with all due respect Bro, while you were working here, you would have never accepted this crap.

I'd have been fired the first week of Big R's running things-- I wouldn't have been around for the vote. I don't relate well to Letter-Writing. What I see, and you miss (If I'm right) is that the Reitirees will LOSE their pension if this goes down. Not keep it. KK needs to correct me if I'm wrong????????? (I hope I am, but Fear I'm not)

If still there, I'd vote Yes, then find another job-- take the Leave of Absense-- before others do.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys- CDL isn't one w/o balls, or a non-qualified jerk with no hope of a future. He's a stand-up for the little guy ex-steward who has already moved to another good job. As usual, he's putting others first, and is taking the heat for those less fortunate. You could learn a lot listening to him. There are some that will Never get a decent job after this; AND- if I understand the implications of the Pension- ... It could be possible that when YRC closes- YRC, ABF AND some Teamsters Locals collapse with the Fund- and current retirees now collecting 3500 could find themselves collecting 1/3 that - from the Pension Guarantee Board (hold your breath- it's broke too)

This is what would happen with my Local's funds as we are not affiliated with any regional fund.

This is what would happen with my Local's funds as we are not affiliated with any regional fund.

thats what is going to happen to your local .. you need new members for it to survive ... not empty promises