Yellow | This is the problem

If you want to gain knowledge on something newguy there are thousands of threads on Truckingboards that have great information. TB is here for everyone and all sorts of discussions, and jokes if that is what a person wants to do. If you can't find an answer to your question on an old thread, then start a new one and ask the question that you have. Have a good day and welcome to Truckingboards.
Good info 381, I've preached and preached to BRG, Big Dave, Tri, Kboom, Hippie, Wong, Hookman, SOR, and several others to stop posting the corny jokes, and BS, post only good informative info like myself.
They just won't listen.
You can bet if you are offended or complain it only gets worse.
I just wish they would be more serious like me.
What to do, what to do?

Good info 381, I've preached and preached to BRG, Big Dave, Tri, Kboom, Hippie, Wong, Hookman, SOR, and several others to stop posting the corny jokes, and BS, post only good informative info like myself.
They just won't listen.
What to do, what to do?
Dementia setting in? :idunno:

They just won't listen.
What to do, what to do?
Huh? Did you say something? My James Bond style, mirror sun glasses, reflect away any useless information….

They just won't listen.
What to do, what to do?
Your breaking up!!!! Invest in communications! Can you hear me now? :poke:

download-1.md.jpg

I’m one of the young new guys(mid 30’s). Wish the seniority and the way things should be were actually done but there’s a few spots here in so cal that are a mess and just a straight ::shit:: show. I came into it knowing this wouldn’t be a long term destination. Coming up on a year and using the current state of trucking to use it to my advantage and go somewhere else as soon as I can. I truly wish the teamsters were stronger and stood up for drivers but seems like they just bend over. Lowest paying in this sector of the industry, garbage equipment, unorganized and nonsense of leadership. Company gets away with all manner of things and I see the writing on the wall. Going to try to get into fuel hauling or take up the TM at Estes down the street up on his standing offer as soon as I’m eligible.

I grew up in view of the port of LA/LB. That longshoreman union has waaaayy less members and yet they are strong and make the rules and the companies comply. It’s the opposite with the teamsters.

They just won't listen.
What to do, what to do?
Breezy did you say something................. oh never mind I just stepped into a big ol pile of bull.....t barefoot.

First let me start off by saying that this is the best company that I’ve ever worked for. I came from a warehouse, worked the dock, got my cdls…and I’m now reaping the benefits! We got it so good, but let the old farts tell it, it’s the worst job/company to work for.

I realize y’all got ****ed over with the pay cut, and the whole mess with the pension(that I still don’t fully understand). But damn, you coulda been out of a job, or went somewhere else and started over.

The morale of the company is trash. For the most part, it’s black against white, young vs old, and Walmart vest wearers against all of us. I’m proud to say imma 3rd generation teamster, that **** means something to me. I’m black, so going by seniority, and bylaws keeps me from getting ****ed by nepotism and ball rubbers.

But I say all of that to say, some of us really like the company. Quit bad mouthing and doing the corny jokes, “ohh he’s going 15 mph less” “blah blah blah mirrors”. Just retire and free up the board if you’re not happy. Oh you can’t, because you just bought that brand new GMC Denali! Man, the money is good right? It could be better but I guarantee no one is missing a meal!

Ok rant over, but stfu, and start giving the youngins knowledge. We are you, 30 years ago, just cooler and better looking.
You will fully understand the lack of company paid pension when you get to retirement age unless you are paying into some retirement plan out of your own pocket.

First let me start off by saying that this is the best company that I’ve ever worked for. I came from a warehouse, worked the dock, got my cdls…and I’m now reaping the benefits! We got it so good, but let the old farts tell it, it’s the worst job/company to work for.

I realize y’all got ****ed over with the pay cut, and the whole mess with the pension(that I still don’t fully understand). But damn, you coulda been out of a job, or went somewhere else and started over.

The morale of the company is trash. For the most part, it’s black against white, young vs old, and Walmart vest wearers against all of us. I’m proud to say imma 3rd generation teamster, that **** means something to me. I’m black, so going by seniority, and bylaws keeps me from getting ****ed by nepotism and ball rubbers.

But I say all of that to say, some of us really like the company. Quit bad mouthing and doing the corny jokes, “ohh he’s going 15 mph less” “blah blah blah mirrors”. Just retire and free up the board if you’re not happy. Oh you can’t, because you just bought that brand new GMC Denali! Man, the money is good right? It could be better but I guarantee no one is missing a meal!
Young man as a retired Teamster may I say thank you for carrying on a tradition in your family. I too was a youngster thrilled to have a union job making alot of money with great medical insurance for a growing family. One thing I learned Ltl & trucking in general produces grumpy drivers/dock hands but it's part of the business. Not for the weak of heart. I too thought these old guys suck but if you pay close attention you will see who is really a good intentioned person inside but might have a understandable bitterness towards the company. Do yourself a big favor & make it a point to get to know them as I'll bet a few will take you under their wings and show you the ropes, both good & bad, how you use that knowledge is up to you so don't condemn them learn from them. some you will learn are plain a**holes. let them be. Trust me some may seem jaded but you may be surprised what you can learn from them. I for one am rooting for Yellow, or whatever they want to be called, to make it. Make and save as much as you can for your future but keep family first. I'll get off my soapbox now so good luck and may God bless you tremendously. PS: go to your local union meetings & get involved. :1036316054:

Last edited:
Isn't saving/investing for your own retirement the smart thing to do regardless of any pension you may get?
It sure is but how many non union guys did you talk with over the years brag about their wage? As soon as you mentioned pension or how much do your benefits cost out of pocket they would shut up quick.

They just won't listen.
What to do, what to do?
What corny jokes ?
6f61fe66545a4933afc7904970884178.jpg

Young man as a retired Teamster may I say thank you for carrying on a tradition in your family. I too was a youngster thrilled to have a union job making alot of money with great medical insurance for a growing family. One thing I learned Ltl & trucking in general produces grumpy drivers/dock hands but it's part of the business. Not for the weak of heart. I too thought these old guys suck but if you pay close attention you will see who is really a good intentioned person inside but might have a understandable bitterness towards the company. Do yourself a big favor & make it a point to get to know them as I'll bet a few will take you under their wings and show you the ropes, both good & bad, how you use that knowledge is up to you so don't condemn them learn from them. some you will learn are plain a**holes. let them be. Trust me some may seem jaded but you may be surprised what you can learn from them. I for one am rooting for Yellow, or whatever they want to be called, to make it. Make and save as much as you can for your future but keep family first. I'll get off my soapbox now so good luck and may God bless you tremendously. PS: go to your local union meetings & get involved. :1036316054:
Well said.

Isn't saving/investing for your own retirement the smart thing to do regardless of any pension you may get?
When 401 k was first offered a high up union agent said “ that is dumbest thing you can do, they will use that against you in negotiations “
“ I asked is my pension safe?” “He said you know nothing is safe.” Glad I didn’t listen to him.