Yellow | This is the problem

Race shouldn't play a role in the workplace, but its a cold truth that it does! Maybe you haven't experienced blatant racism, but I sure have. I say all of that to say thats one of the benefits of joining a union, no biases, no ********.

Age= Wisdom amd a lack of patience lol

The Vests= supervisors
I am old and enjoy helping the inexperienced because I remember when that was me and guys reached out.
I wear a vest every night for a long time and am not a supervisor.
I just don't get the ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ stuff at all.

Not a MESTER at all, you missed my whole point. I was really just trying to say that the seniors should set a better example sometimes. Because we follow your lead.
We used to see seniors, the top 15 golden childs of management get word of a pending sale. So what do these leaders do? Jump ship and join another outfit. I was right behind them. The company did not replace these knowing they too will be finished and turn out the lights themselves.

Hey, it's nothing but respect for those who paved the way for us. But I mean damn look at it like this. Business was BOOMING, cash was flowing so they invested in other companies trying to corner the market. Nobody seen the recession coming, but it did and some people lost a helluva lot more!
If you are referring to the Bill Z debacle in the early 2000s, these investments were not cash. Massive debt was accrued and resulted in the pay cuts and pension cuts to finance the debt. Company was declaring bankruptcy and putting us all out of work at a time when there were NO jobs out there. This is why morale will always be poor. It’s time to reward the loyal employees by restoring wages and benefits instead of paying ridiculous salaries and benefits to newcomers in management that leave after a few short but lucrative pay cycles.

YRC bought Holland, who at the time was king in next day freight, good OR, low damage and excellent service. Shortly after that YRC decided to try its hand in next day freight as Yellow separate from Holland. Why would you buy a company that is king in the market, then try and do the same thing and compete against yourself? Just one of many examples of wasted money and resources.
Just like Preston, Saia and Jevic in the past all they wanted was the customer list and the pricing and just like Preston, Saia and Jevic they couldn't pull it off once they got it.
So now for strike 3...................... we're all going to be 1 company maybe it'll work this time...................

Well, I think Newguy may be right.
After extensive research, I find BRG may be the problem.
He is always posting corny jokes about mirrors, bastards, Snickers, 46 mph, goats, zero turns, hats,
condensers, capacitors, beets, gold hotels, popcorn, ridge sox, less, sun visors, Moldovovanians, and Swift, just to name a few.
Since he bought the new GMC, Denali, he can't retire.
He just hangs on that hog board and short logs at 46 mph.
If he doesn't get his act straight, I may put him on ignore.
I'm sticking to my New year's resolution and posting no more corny jokes or BS.

If you are referring to the Bill Z debacle in the early 2000s, these investments were not cash. Massive debt was accrued and resulted in the pay cuts and pension cuts to finance the debt. Company was declaring bankruptcy and putting us all out of work at a time when there were NO jobs out there. This is why morale will always be poor. It’s time to reward the loyal employees by restoring wages and benefits instead of paying ridiculous salaries and benefits to newcomers in management that leave after a few short but lucrative pay cycles.
Yes, but around 2008, Y F. Zollars created this mess with his total lack of business decisions, and no transportation experience.

no one forcing anyone to stay. you all choose to stay. no one picks you up for work with a gun to your head and make you go there. when men get fuc*** over they do something elsenot stay and play sheep.so you get what you deserve by staying. They owe !! you got paid your hourly wage ? jobs are everywhere.

no one forcing anyone to stay. you all choose to stay. no one picks you up for work with a gun to your head and make you go there. when men get fuc*** over they do something elsenot stay and play sheep.so you get what you deserve by staying. They owe !! you got paid your hourly wage ? jobs are everywhere.

Actually my dad was picked up and driven to work by a man with a gun to his head. The man told him he needed my dad to work there several more years because he wasn't ready to bankrupt the company yet.

In the end it really paid off. Yes my dad took a pay cut, the stock dropped to rock bottom, the restructuring was a disaster, but dad filed a grievance against the man, who's street name was Dollar Bill. He got 8 hours holiday pay and a new Teamster 667 hat for his trouble.

I guess until you walk a mile in someone's shoes that has lost 15 percent of there wages and pension contributions you wouldn't understand. A lot of guys had a lot of years invested in this company. It can be tough to start over on the bottom of the board . I only had 10 years in it was a not a big deal for me. All I had to look forward to is years of sleeper teams. My hat is off to all of the people who have stayed.

First let me start off by saying that this is the best company that I’ve ever worked for. I came from a warehouse, worked the dock, got my cdls…and I’m now reaping the benefits! We got it so good, but let the old farts tell it, it’s the worst job/company to work for.

I realize y’all got ****ed over with the pay cut, and the whole mess with the pension(that I still don’t fully understand). But damn, you coulda been out of a job, or went somewhere else and started over.

The morale of the company is trash. For the most part, it’s black against white, young vs old, and Walmart vest wearers against all of us. I’m proud to say imma 3rd generation teamster, that **** means something to me. I’m black, so going by seniority, and bylaws keeps me from getting ****ed by nepotism and ball rubbers.

But I say all of that to say, some of us really like the company. Quit bad mouthing and doing the corny jokes, “ohh he’s going 15 mph less” “blah blah blah mirrors”. Just retire and free up the board if you’re not happy. Oh you can’t, because you just bought that brand new GMC Denali! Man, the money is good right? It could be better but I guarantee no one is missing a meal!

Ok rant over, but stfu, and start giving the youngins knowledge. We are you, 30 years ago, just cooler and better looking.
If you want to gain knowledge on something newguy there are thousands of threads on Truckingboards that have great information. TB is here for everyone and all sorts of discussions, and jokes if that is what a person wants to do. If you can't find an answer to your question on an old thread, then start a new one and ask the question that you have. Have a good day and welcome to Truckingboards.