Yellow | This is the problem

First let me start off by saying that this is the best company that I’ve ever worked for. I came from a warehouse, worked the dock, got my cdls…and I’m now reaping the benefits! We got it so good, but let the old farts tell it, it’s the worst job/company to work for.

I realize y’all got ****ed over with the pay cut, and the whole mess with the pension(that I still don’t fully understand). But damn, you coulda been out of a job, or went somewhere else and started over.

The morale of the company is trash. For the most part, it’s black against white, young vs old, and Walmart vest wearers against all of us. I’m proud to say imma 3rd generation teamster, that **** means something to me. I’m black, so going by seniority, and bylaws keeps me from getting ****ed by nepotism and ball rubbers.

But I say all of that to say, some of us really like the company. Quit bad mouthing and doing the corny jokes, “ohh he’s going 15 mph less” “blah blah blah mirrors”. Just retire and free up the board if you’re not happy. Oh you can’t, because you just bought that brand new GMC Denali! Man, the money is good right? It could be better but I guarantee no one is missing a meal!

Ok rant over, but stfu, and start giving the youngins knowledge. We are you, 30 years ago, just cooler and better looking.
Welcome aboard, Don't listen to a lot of the trash talk, but remember a lot of those guys you want to retire and get out of the way were here for a long time. you'll develop your own perspective over time, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Remember, its a seniority based business, so you'll eat a lot ::shit:: sandwich's the first couple of years. The morale is ::shit:: because of the management, but you'll see that soon enough. As far as young versus old, black versus white, etc, I don't see it. We all bitch and complain. Nobody is here to do a bad job but the company's lack of foresight in regards to maintenance, and the fact that it's purchase of new equipment is done by accountants and not operational professionals will be noticeable once you get some experience.
Most of the people you work with try and do a good job, Watch and learn. One last piece of advice: your co-workers will decide if you're cool, not you. If they think you're good looking then I'd worry.:05.18 flustered:

In my time we called some of the young ones pretty boys because they were not broke in yet. If they were not already talking about the filly that they have to take out on dates we thought they were defective.

Used to take them on loads featuring 48000 pounds of case soda by the can. Open dock door, drop plate and hand them a small pallet. Start stacking on this from that. Lets see it done in 6 hours before they close.

WHAT!? ALL THAT? Yes all that, you weak or something? Get started.

Is what my trainer taught me when I was small and new myself the exact same way. Not necessarily in those exact words... When you have a town of a million drinking that soda out of a 10 acre distribution center trying to keep stores stocked.... there are more trucks coming.

Now they could allow forklifts to move that soda off the truck and were gone in 10 minutes, but no they dont work that way.

Welcome aboard, Don't listen to a lot of the trash talk, but remember a lot of those guys you want to retire and get out of the way were here for a long time. you'll develop your own perspective over time, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Remember, its a seniority based business, so you'll eat a lot **** sandwich's the first couple of years. The morale is **** because of the management, but you'll see that soon enough. As far as young versus old, black versus white, etc, I don't see it. We all bitch and complain. Nobody is here to do a bad job but the company's lack of foresight in regards to maintenance, and the fact that it's purchase of new equipment is done by accountants and not operational professionals will be noticeable once you get some experience.
Most of the people you work with try and do a good job, Watch and learn. One last piece of advice: your co-workers will decide if you're cool, not you. If they think you're good looking then I'd worry.:05.18 flustered:
That’s a broad statement though,Skull. “ Most of the people you work with try and do a good job”.

First let me start off by saying that this is the best company that I’ve ever worked for. I came from a warehouse, worked the dock, got my cdls…and I’m now reaping the benefits! We got it so good, but let the old farts tell it, it’s the worst job/company to work for.

I realize y’all got ****ed over with the pay cut, and the whole mess with the pension(that I still don’t fully understand). But damn, you coulda been out of a job, or went somewhere else and started over.

The morale of the company is trash. For the most part, it’s black against white, young vs old, and Walmart vest wearers against all of us. I’m proud to say imma 3rd generation teamster, that **** means something to me. I’m black, so going by seniority, and bylaws keeps me from getting ****ed by nepotism and ball rubbers.

But I say all of that to say, some of us really like the company. Quit bad mouthing and doing the corny jokes, “ohh he’s going 15 mph less” “blah blah blah mirrors”. Just retire and free up the board if you’re not happy. Oh you can’t, because you just bought that brand new GMC Denali! Man, the money is good right? It could be better but I guarantee no one is missing a meal!

Ok rant over, but stfu, and start giving the youngins knowledge. We are you, 30 years ago, just cooler and better looking.
Must be mgmt in training

Welcome aboard, Don't listen to a lot of the trash talk, but remember a lot of those guys you want to retire and get out of the way were here for a long time. you'll develop your own perspective over time, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Remember, its a seniority based business, so you'll eat a lot **** sandwich's the first couple of years. The morale is **** because of the management, but you'll see that soon enough. As far as young versus old, black versus white, etc, I don't see it. We all bitch and complain. Nobody is here to do a bad job but the company's lack of foresight in regards to maintenance, and the fact that it's purchase of new equipment is done by accountants and not operational professionals will be noticeable once you get some experience.
Skull you said , If they think you're good looking then I'd worry.?? Well can't help it I'm to sexy for my truck !
crst-drive-with-truck2.jpg