ADuiePyle | This Just in.....

I almost took a peddle job with Pyle in Portland ME, but the 18.50 an hour starting rate caused me to refuse. I'm thinking about checking into this on Monday. I'm so ******* sick of YRC! My screen name is dripping with sarcasm. YRC has beaten down a 20 year professional to the point that I'm willing to quit. 21.05 is about $.20 ess than I make now and I have 20 years in a union barn!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been with pyle for a few months now. I can't really complain about anything. Getting paid for every minute I work on linehaul is nice. No place is perfect but this is a good company overall. Im bringing home what I was when I was at top rate at SEFL. Top rate will be nice.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm wouldn't expect it to be perfect. I know some of the peddle guys here and they don't have any big problems. I don't care what color the truck is, we're all doing the same thing in the same way, with some exceptions. Deliver the freight pickup the freight in a safe and timely fashion, oh and don't **** off the customers. I'm sure there are drivers who aren't happy with Pyle. I'm sure there are drivers who ARE happy with YRC, go figure.

I almost took a peddle job with Pyle in Portland ME, but the 18.50 an hour starting rate caused me to refuse. I'm thinking about checking into this on Monday. I'm so $!#@/ing sick of YRC! My screen name is dripping with sarcasm. YRC has beaten down a 20 year professional to the point that I'm willing to quit. 21.05 is about $.20 ess than I make now and I have 20 years in a union barn!

If your working from a remote it may be a little different, if your working as Northboro your home terminal the rate should be the same as West Chester. $23.50 for P/D and 24.49 for linehaul(top rate) your first year you will get an 50 cent raise, then your second anniversary you max out at what ever the top rate is for that terminal. Good luck!!

I have shuttled loads to Portland. They start at 0730 and are usually done around 1700-1800. We bring you a jack, 2 wheeler, securement.
I I have seen somewhere between 5 and 15 stops. Trucks are single axel auto shift. Still has a clutch

The only thing that may keep me from Pyle is the overtime pay. I believe it's after 45 hours. That could be a deal breaker.

You are correct. It is after 45hrs. Look carefully. A lot of other companys offer no OT. Or you get held to 40 hrs. Trucking co do not have to give OT.
They are exempt.Plus I believe the residential dlys are to a minimum. A p&d guy would know. Kinda hard to jump ship after 20 yrs. I feel for you

Maine has a law about OT. I'm not sure what it is, but I remember when overtime came here they had to start paying OT. I don't have the details about it though. I will see if there is a job still open and then make a decision. I'm a very loyal man and the thought that they pushed me to this saddens me.

Maine has a law about OT. I'm not sure what it is, but I remember when overtime came here they had to start paying OT. I don't have the details about it though. I will see if there is a job still open and then make a decision. I'm a very loyal man and the thought that they pushed me to this saddens me.

That is sad 20 years with a company and seeing a bleak future there.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

No clue about Maine's OT law. Just know that trucking is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act. If not Portland,we run out of Augusta and Bangor also.
Just really sucks that YRC has you to this point. I assune you looked at the other represented carriers, ABF UPS ?

UPS Freight is a little too "jack booted" for me. I'm not sure that ABF is any more stable than YRC. I'm not happy with being represented by one large corporation (teamsters) with their own best interests at heart, to another large corporation with it's own best interests at heart. Who is really looking out for me. This ain't my father's union. I think Jimmy SR. would not be impressed with the state of things.

The day of the multi-employer pension fund has just about run it's course. Contributions are about 25% of what they're supposed to be. The pension isn't the most pressing issue for me. I just turned 50 and I'm not sure that YRC has 15 years left in it. I'm young enough and have plenty of experience that companies want to hire me. I'm a peddle driver, done it most of my career. Maybe I can't compete with a 30 something five years from now if YRC locks the doors 5 or more years from now. Perhaps it's time to go. Tough, tough call.

If I went back to peddleing, a consideration would be how muck residential and retail.
Dont really care for going into neighborhoods or behind stripmalls.