This Weeks Crossword Answers

Wowser boys!!!! I was shocked when the FBI and coppers stormed my WBL estate Boom-A-Lago this morning, warrants in hand they really tossed the place, busted open my wall safe where I keep my emergency stash of Moon Pies (FYI 3 are missing 1 chocolate and 2 banana....bastards), seems they're looking for some kind of horse thief who's been on the lam for decades, traveled with some kind of a circus or something...why me? I suspect some wise guy down at the Lakeside is yukking it, anyways back to straightening up and arranging my coffee table books the way they were.

ghows-LK-200619744-f7964be1.md.webp
I heard there was a raid on BD’s hat yesterday in Clarence. Apparently they found 6 illegals living in a bunker.

So he keeps a guitar up there too........maybe circus horse driver guy is up there too, has BD had that hat since the 80's...asking for a friend.....but no friend of BD's evidently.
Part 67

The, Original Hat, was actually an organic white beet, grown exclusively in the foot hills of the Sioux Mountains in NW Iowa.

When I was 10 years old, my grandfather would take me there camping in the summer.

The Sioux Indians would try to pick the beets before we could, as they would carve tee pees out of them.

I lived in that area, working at a packing plant, sometimes, over 16 hours a day.

When I turned 18, a CRST truck passing through Pocahontas, Iowa, picked me up as I was shoveling snow off the highway after a blizzard.

Part 68

As we were driving towards Cedar Rapids, were attacked by Indians near Fort Dodge.
We survived the attack, and I had to push the truck down Route 20, as it ran out of fuel.

We arrived at the Boondocks, and I washed dishes at a settlement of Ukrainian refugees, that were stranded because of the poor popcorn and beet harvests that year.

It took 2 years to get to Cedar Rapids, and I was recruited into the Iowa Army of the Republic. Turns out my Sargent was none other than Big Dave’s grandfather, Clarence.

He led us into battle, many times riding his horse, Mister Ed. After the war, I lived with my sarge, and his family until I turned 21, when I was hired as a team driver, on the stagecoach mail run from Clarence, to Calamus.

Part 67

The, Original Hat, was actually an organic white beet, grown exclusively in the foot hills of the Sioux Mountains in NW Iowa.

When I was 10 years old, my grandfather would take me there camping in the summer.

The Sioux Indians would try to pick the beets before we could, as they would carve tee pees out of them.

I lived in that area, working at a packing plant, sometimes, over 16 hours a day.

When I turned 18, a CRST truck passing through Pocahontas, Iowa, picked me up as I was shoveling snow off the highway after a blizzard.

Part 68

As we were driving towards Cedar Rapids, were attacked by Indians near Fort Dodge.
We survived the attack, and I had to push the truck down Route 20, as it ran out of fuel.

We arrived at the Boondocks, and I washed dishes at a settlement of Ukrainian refugees, that were stranded because of the poor popcorn and beet harvests that year.

It took 2 years to get to Cedar Rapids, and I was recruited into the Iowa Army of the Republic. Turns out my Sargent was none other than Big Dave’s grandfather, Clarence.

He led us into battle, many times riding his horse, Mister Ed. After the war, I lived with my sarge, and his family until I turned 21, when I was hired as a team driver, on the stagecoach mail run from Clarence, to Calamus.
Part 69
Thanks for stopping by Ted!!

Wowsereno... I've been busting hump all week helping Big Dave set up his stands at the Minnesota State Fair (conveniently located just north of Iowa in WBL). So the fair starts next week and I helped BD get his stands OKed by the fair board, which was easy when they realized BD's stands would offer a low cost alternative to the standard high priced fair foods with the economy being what it is and all. (Look for further updates.....or parts if you want to get all technical)

minnesota-state-fairgrounds-off-season-a-french-fry-stand-falcon-heights-usa-july-popular-concession-front-75137677.md.jpg

screenshot-8779a6a75bb2ae455.md.png

I know it’s a morbid subject but is big Dave gonna be buried in that hat?
That's a question for BD Vic, but I can tell you over at Clarence Granite and Monument they're working on several proto-types markers if and when BD takes his last ride. (see one below)

grave.md.jpg