Averitt | This weeks SNOW and ICE Event In The South

That road looks plain scary!!
SHEET ICE,, states in the south are not equipped to deal with this, so they must set a priority on which roads are taken care of 1st . Drivers in the south can't deal with this either, then you get BIG MOUTHS from UP NORTH, complaining that drivers in the south can't drive....until they themselves start sliding....then they shut up and find a truckstop!

What a mess! I'm glad you all are ok!
Thanks......from what I heard.... AVRT didn't have any wreck's in the ATL area! I got to my deliver...had sooo much ice under the trailer I couldn't slide my tandems, along with the consignee's parking lot being sheat ICE

They did a good job for a state that don't have to deal with that very often, I think the state of OK and our turnpike authority need to come to GA for a lesson in clearing roads, they try but soon as it over whelms them they just throw their hands up and call it a night.
What helped is the GOVERNOR of GA told EVERYONE on Tuesday afternoon to stay off the roads until further notice...leaflets were handed out at the scales...unfortunately some did not pay attention. Hat's off to the GA DOT, they got AT LEAST 2 lanes open by Thursday morning!

SHEET ICE,, states in the south are not equipped to deal with this, so they must set a priority on which roads are taken care of 1st . Drivers in the south can't deal with this either, then you get BIG MOUTHS from UP NORTH, complaining that drivers in the south can't drive....until they themselves start sliding....then they shut up and find a truckstop!

None of us can drive on sheet ice! Thats the scary stuff, I won't even do it anymore, I'll pull over and wait it out. Thankfully ours in OK has all been snow and snow on top of ice, at least a guy can get around on that.

Pups have no business on these road conditions. As a driver, especially at AE, you have to make the call because the puppets in corp. haven't a clue and will not make a decision for your individual situation. They have become like the airlines; at the first hint of bad weather, they will shut a terminal down. That is probably a good idea. However, what about the driver out on the road?

Even though the road was going to freeze, I always like seeing that spray from the vehicles in front of me.

Thats what I look for too, also I look for oncoming traffic slowing down, thats when I get nervous. 23 yrs of experience and I am still a wuss on ice, better safe than sorry I guess.

Pups have no business on these road conditions. As a driver, especially at AE, you have to make the call because the puppets in corp. haven't a clue and will not make a decision for your individual situation. They have become like the airlines; at the first hint of bad weather, they will shut a terminal down. That is probably a good idea. However, what about the driver out on the road?

I totally agree. As far as the driver that is already out there he needs to know when to get off the road...

Enjoyed all the pic. jeep............Live here in Atl it was a nasty few days. Hopefully that's it for us down here till next year!:popcorn:

More coming first of this coming week.

Ours in Tulsa is starting this morning and clearing out Monday morning, first freezing rain, then sleet, then snow when all the layers of the atmosphere get cold enough weather man says...I am really dreading pulling those empties down on potential ice Sunday evening.

Everyone be safe this week!