Holland | Thought

dokman

TB Veteran
Credits
There is a consensus that we aren’t getting the best deal. Unfortunately what we do affects not only us at Yrcw but everyone that is in the pension plans. If Yrcw goes by the wayside this will severely effect all retired and those hoping to retire. Will the pension be there in 5, 10, 15,20,25 etc. your guess is as good as mine. If we put a nail in the coffin we are done.If we take offer although it is not the best we may be able to make it long enough that some of our fellow retirees and future will get a lifeline from the government. I know the grass might be greener on the other side, and it may not, but we in comparison to other LTLs with the bennies are still behind a little when you really put the pencil to it but not that far.
We all have to ask ourselves, if we have to go elsewhere is our quality of home life going to be better than now.
If is easy to be tough guy and say he’ll no.
Do what Ben Franklin would do on toughdecisions, start a list of pros and cons.
Money can’t buy happiness. The reality of the pension is not on Yrcw that really is a wholeseparate item. Even if they were paying 100% since 08 the pension would still be in trouble.

Take some careful thought before you vote, but do vote or you have no say.

There is a consensus that we aren’t getting the best deal. Unfortunately what we do affects not only us at Yrcw but everyone that is in the pension plans. If Yrcw goes by the wayside this will severely effect all retired and those hoping to retire. Will the pension be there in 5, 10, 15,20,25 etc. your guess is as good as mine. If we put a nail in the coffin we are done.If we take offer although it is not the best we may be able to make it long enough that some of our fellow retirees and future will get a lifeline from the government. I know the grass might be greener on the other side, and it may not, but we in comparison to other LTLs with the bennies are still behind a little when you really put the pencil to it but not that far.
We all have to ask ourselves, if we have to go elsewhere is our quality of home life going to be better than now.
If is easy to be tough guy and say he’ll no.
Do what Ben Franklin would do on toughdecisions, start a list of pros and cons.
Money can’t buy happiness. The reality of the pension is not on Yrcw that really is a wholeseparate item. Even if they were paying 100% since 08 the pension would still be in trouble.

Take some careful thought before you vote, but do vote or you have no say.

Central States will be 'rendered' (melted down, reduced) to Uncle Sam within five years...

My thought.
YRC is an easy job.
Hours suck.
But don't they all at LTL companies?
The job is easy.
I don't know how it is at Holland and New Penn.
But it must be similar. I don't know..
If you can just block out management stupidity you'll be ok
That's the hardest part. Lol
No matter if you work the dock. Drive. Shop. Office.
I haven't had many jobs. I started there when I was 30 years old.
But it was the easiest job I ever had.. Nuff said.

As the ballots are in the mail, I hope everyone takes the time and consideration of your own situation and your brothers and sisters that are working or retired across the county and vote with a level head and sound judgment and not with emotion.
I think all of us can look back on decisions made with emotion and not sound thinking.
No matter which way you must vote to have a say.

As the ballots are in the mail, I hope everyone takes the time and consideration of your own situation and your brothers and sisters that are working or retired across the county and vote with a level head and sound judgment and not with emotion.
I think all of us can look back on decisions made with emotion and not sound thinking.
No matter which way you must vote to have a say.

Ditto.
Vote!