FedEx Freight | Thoughts On A City Driver Advisor Like The Road Advisor

Waste of company resources. They implemented this BS position during the union brouhaha and I’m surprised it’s still around since the union talk has subsided

In fact, they need to hire an outside firm and figure out how to eliminate all the deadass weight in this company. The money wasted here is downright ‘tarded

In fact, Big Dave needs a meeting with “the Bobs” as well

The Road Driver Advisor position is probably the biggest waste of company resources I've ever seen. I compare them to the Abloy padlocks we used on trailers years ago. Great idea on paper, terrible in practice. They have been relegated to following up on "headway events" and doing useless reports. They are not advocates for the drivers, just another company chimney to blow smoke.

Advisors originally were created shortly after the Union fiasco a few years back. They were supposed to be the representatives for drivers to management. Now all they have become are half assed red shirts that enforce company policies. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved or mediated, you can count on them to remind you what policy is. You can also rely on them to brow beat you about ELD issues. Company puppets.

Advisors originally were created shortly after the Union fiasco a few years back. They were supposed to be the representatives for drivers to management. Now all they have become are half assed red shirts that enforce company policies. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved or mediated, you can count on them to remind you what policy is. You can also rely on them to brow beat you about ELD issues. Company puppets.
Sounds like you've actually talked to one before. That's unusual.